GDT: Game #28| Mar. 13, 2013| Flyers at Devils | 7:30 p.m. ET

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I remember once, as a kid, I flipped myself over the handlebars of a scooter and went headfirst into a bush.

That was more fun and less physically damaging than watching that game.

Maybe if a mountain lion had defecated out a semi-alive and still able to spray skunk (don't ask; analogies don't have to be 100% accurate!) into the bush. And the bush was poison ivy. On top of a sinkhole. Filled with plague-infected rats.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Free passes for tonight : Hartnell, Simmonds, Vora, Rinaldo. Those are the only guys who showed up.

I think the French Connection Line ll. Sould be put to rest. Briere is playing with no idea what he is doing. Either he accepts a trade or else he is brought out cause all he does is score in the playoffs. Will guess what? We are not going to make the playoffs this year. Other than Hartnell I do not see any of our so called veterens step up. Briere, Talbot, Timonen, Coburn,Fedotenko need to help this young club. Read and Mez get a slight pass due to injuries. Oh well I am to pissed right now and turning this off before I really say what I want to.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Maybe if a mountain lion had defecated out a semi-alive and still able to spray skunk (don't ask; analogies don't have to be 100% accurate!) into the bush. And the bush was poison ivy. On top of a sinkhole. Filled with plague-infected rats.

And if the plague bacterium were riddled with some obscure hemorrhagic fever virus to boot.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I do think Stolarz has the higher ceiling. Subban is more likely to reach his potential than Stolarz though.

Respectfully here, you're out to lunch man. Laughton is a checking/tweener type center prospect and Stolarz is just a big ass goalie with little else of note about him right now. Not saying they're not good pieces to have, but to prefer them over Subban is nuts to me. Subban isn't potential. He's killing it right now. He's scored 7-13-20 in 21 games. Fifteen of those twenty points are on the power play, and he's still a +5 at even strength. Him, Letang, and Larsson are leading the Norris race right now IMO.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
After weeks of Sam Carchidi saying from a "Source" Lavy's job was safe.. we get this...

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Source does not want to comment on job security of Homer, Lavy. #Flyers

lol

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Respectfully here, you're out to lunch man. Laughton is a checking/tweener type center prospect and Stolarz is just a big ass goalie with little else of note about him right now. Not saying they're not good pieces to have, but to prefer them over Subban is nuts to me. Subban isn't potential. He's killing it right now. He's scored 7-13-20 in 21 games. Fifteen of those twenty points are on the power play, and he's still a +5 at even strength. Him, Letang, and Larsson are leading the Norris race right now IMO.

I thought they meant Malcolm the goalie.

toughfighter83*

After weeks of Sam Carchidi saying from a "Source" Lavy's job was safe.. we get this...

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Source does not want to comment on job security of Homer, Lavy. #Flyers

lol

that would be my christmas present if they are both gone.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Yeah it was but it was actually Saturday and Rudy said it....I didn't know South Park used it..stole it? It was definitely a Fat Albert/Bill Cosby quote.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090530191841AA0Ce70
Thanks!

In the south park episode Clubhouses, they parody this with a running "Fat Abbott" theme. It's a cartoon they watch on tv. The line I was referring to goes "You know what Rudy, you like school in summer time". "School in summer time"? "Yeah, *****, school in summer time! Open your ****in ***** ass ears, ho! ****"

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I think the French Connection Line ll. Sould be put to rest. Briere is playing with no idea what he is doing. Either he accepts a trade or else he is brought out cause all he does is score in the playoffs. Will guess what? We are not going to make the playoffs this year. Other than Hartnell I do not see any of our so called veterens step up. Briere, Talbot, Timonen, Coburn, Fedotenko need to help this young club. Read and Mez get a slight pass due to injuries. Oh well I am to pissed right now and turning this off before I really say what I want to.

Did you watch Timonen lay out in front of ten shots tonight? That happened right? I'm not hallucinating? Same with Fedotenko. His effort was fine.

Briere and Coburn, I'm with you on.

TheBryzKnees

Jun 29, 2012
New Jersey
We're in the eye of a S****icane boys. The Flyers are a low s*** system.:baghead:

Attachments

• Jim Lahey drinking.jpg
    Jim Lahey drinking.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 4

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Wow Bryz with a .844 save % this game. You're never gonna win with those number from your goalie. Yeah, the defense was horrendous giving up 7-8 odd man rushes, but I can't picture the flyers sticking with this atrocious contract for 7 more years...

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Wow Bryz with a .844 save % this game. You're never gonna win with those number from your goalie. Yeah, the defense was horrendous giving up 7-8 odd man rushes, but I can't picture the flyers sticking with this atrocious contract for 7 more years...

7-8 odd man rushes should never happen in a game. At most should be half that.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ

Bryz had a lot of opportunities to be a hero tonight and he didn't. You'd like for him to be a bad ass occaisonally and he isn't often enough. Sure it would be nice if he was able to make one or two hero saves and keep it a 3-1 loss. The Loktionov goal specifically was saveable. That said, It still would've been a loss and I have a hard time blaming him for tonight as a whole or on each individual goal.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Well to look at the positive, we still have an excellent young core going forward....if we do finish poorly this season, we have a chance at getting a Jones or MacKinnon or Drouin or Bartov etc etc ....

In the off season, I would have to assume Byrz is gone and rightly so and that means we will have to attempt to get someone like Bernier...

We also possibly have a shot at Perry perhaps...

And a coaching change...I think it is obvious the players are not playing for their coach any longer...

With these changes in mind, we can bounce back quickly...you can be sure that Couts will recover from his slump this year and with some trades and a solid pick in this great draft, we can return to being a solid team...may take a couple of seasons as our young players grow together.

Also, if we can get something for Brierie before the trade deadline, we should go for it...same with Timonen...

Not all is bad folks....regardless of those who think we are in terrible shape, we do have a solid future....

At this point, I would not be displeased if we headed down lower in the standings...we do not have the right team even for a surprise playoff run so their is no point in worrying about that this year....

Lets get a young stud and make some trades and buy outs, and tickety boo...we are back in it....

One must remember, that this is basically the same team that has gone to the finals and conference finals in the last few years.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad