GDT: Game:28 | Arizona Coyotes @ St. Louis Blues | GDT Effort > Team Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Blues looked like crap until Chef Pay-R-Vee found Tarasenko for the 1st goal. From there, they played much better...but it was ugly for a while.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
So much this.

I think a break out to Paajarvi, get him blazing in, then turning around and looking for an open Stastny or Tarasenko.... that could actually work. Seems like lately the Blues get bottled up around the blue line a lot trying to figure out how to make it work.

Just send in the guy who's really fast and have him throw it to someone.

So do I get any credit for calling the first goal?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I will freely continue it. We beat a crap team when we were due for a win.

We beat a young, fast, dangerous team currently sitting in a playoff spot. We did not look great until we got our first goal, but our goalie kept us in the game and we came on strong the second half. This is the first game in a while where the Blues havent looked like absolute **** and nobody else is going to celebrate this? alrighty then... :shakehead

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
We beat a young, fast, dangerous team currently sitting in a playoff spot. We did not look great until we got our first goal, but our goalie kept us in the game and we came on strong the second half. This is the first game in a while where the Blues havent looked like absolute **** and nobody else is going to celebrate this? alrighty then... :shakehead

This team tonight is arguably better than the Toronto team we lost to the last game, so I say it is an improvement. Plus, their goalie is probably better than the AHL goalie that we lost against versus Toronto. So, overall, a slight improvement.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Why is Lindbohm just so much better in the NHL than the AHL? I don't get it.

giphy.gif

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Lotta gloomy ******** in here tonight like
1XE8osV.gif

But I be like
bvJBUYy.gif

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
This is the same pattern we've been going through for years, but as others have said it wasn't systems that won tonight. If anything the systems part of our game tonight was still infuriating.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Why is Lindbohm just so much better in the NHL than the AHL? I don't get it.

I will describe it in the same way that I described it last season when I noticed it.

Lindbohm is a really high-energy player; almost hyper. He seems to have good hockey IQ and thinks the game at a high rate.

The AHL certainly has a handful of teams that are system-oriented (Grand Rapids Griffins & San Antonio Rampage), but most are kinda wide open in a very bad way. The Wolves are like that. Not system-oriented much at all.

As a side note, Brad Tapper is a much better coach than John Anderson. Tapper is an actual coach, while Anderson is merely a nepotist crony.

Anyway, Linbohm seems to work better in the NHL because the game is played at a higher rate of speed and is very system-oriented. I think he is able to predict what is going to happen in the NHL a lot better than he is able to in the AHL.

And I think the reason for that is because the AHL is less system-oriented and is, therefore, less predictable. Within games in the AHL, you will see a lot of players doing random things, which makes it difficult to know what to expect.

Also, I think forechecking is a lot more aggressive in the AHL with players trying to prove something. When Lindbohm gets forechecked hard, he can sometimes get into trouble, just like lots of hockey players.

He tries to play a very heads-up game, but sometimes has trouble predicting how quickly a forechecker is closing in on him and will get nervous and mishandle the puck.

It is confounding, but I hope this clears up the Lindbohm anomaly and the reason why I deeply hate Finland and all things Finnish. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad