GDT: Game #28: Anaheim Ducks @ New York Islanders, 4:30pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
But I picked up their goalie in fantasy hockey, and my goalies have been a train wreck this week... or wrecked by a train, half of them are on IR now (sorry, I have Shesterkin on my team too).
Shesty has been brutal. If he was on the Ducks now, he'd be like sub .900 by a lot. Ducks will probably get Quick on Friday.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Thats the question. What exactly is their game? This team needs to start building an identity..
You know... play both ends of the ice. Use their speed to take away time and space out there. Get the crowd into the game. Take the crowd out of the game. Get to those loose pucks. Make the other team pay the price for getting in front of the net. Take away those passing lanes. Go hard into those tough areas. Play the body. Dictate the play. Outwork the other team. Create chances and most of all... get some lucky bounces.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
You know... play both ends of the ice. Use their speed to take away time and space out there. Get the crowd into the game. Take the crowd out of the game. Get to those loose pucks. Make the other team pay the price for getting in front of the net. Take away those passing lanes. Go hard into those tough areas. Play the body. Dictate the play. Outwork the other team. Create chances and most of all... get some lucky bounces.
While I would love to see all those things.. This team is not that ... yet..

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
While I would love to see all those things.. This team is not that ... yet..
I mean, obviously they've gotta... you know... obviously do better out there, obviously. They've just gotta slow the game down. Do the things you need to do to win. Leave it all on the ice you know, Give 110% out there. When the other team shows up to play, you gotta step up your game. But you know this team has tremendous upside so they just gotta believe in the guy next to them. They've gotta want it more than the other team. It just means so much to this team, this franchise, these fans. Can't take it for granted out there.

BringBackTheIceman

Mar 24, 2013
I mean, obviously they've gotta... you know... obviously do better out there, obviously. They've just gotta slow the game down. Do the things you need to do to win. Leave it all on the ice you know, Give 110% out there. When the other team shows up to play, you gotta step up your game. But you know this team has tremendous upside so they just gotta believe in the guy next to them. They've gotta want it more than the other team. It just means so much to this team, this franchise, these fans. Can't take it for granted out there.
I'd really like to see all 4 lines out there banging bodies... getting pucks out and getting pucks deep... keeping it simple and doing the little things right... keep working hard and staying out of the box.. getting pucks on the net and try to uhh win some hockey games.

Reactions: Ducks and lwvs84

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I'd really like to see all 4 lines out there banging bodies... getting pucks out and getting pucks deep... keeping it simple and doing the little things right... keep working hard and staying out of the box.. getting pucks on the net and try to uhh win some hockey games.
For sure, yeah. There's no easy games in this league. You can't take a night off out there. You just gotta go out there and play [insert team here] hockey. Next question... you in the back.

Reactions: BringBackTheIceman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad