GDT: Game #28 - 12.09.14 - vs Winnipeg - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think I know why Jamie's play has suffered lately.

It's just that.....Jordie is so colossally bad at playing hockey, he's bringing Jamie's skill level down with him.

Kind of a telepathic brother connection, I guess.

Sad to see, really. Even sadder now that I've come to the realization that Jordie will NEVER leave this team for that very reason. Jamie stays, Jordie's right there with him.

We're stuck with him, folks. :(

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
I think I know why Jamie's play has suffered lately.

It's just that.....Jordie is so colossally bad at playing hockey, he's bringing Jamie's skill level down with him.

Kind of a telepathic brother connection, I guess.

Sad to see, really. Even sadder now that I've come to the realization that Jordie will NEVER leave this team for that very reason. Jamie stays, Jordie's right there with him.

We're stuck with him, folks. :(

Honestly if they think it will make Jamie mad if they decided to waive or trade Jordie. Then something is seriously wrong with management. Any other team would have waived him at this point.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Honestly if they think it will make Jamie mad if they decided to waive or trade Jordie. Then something is seriously wrong with management. Any other team would have waived him at this point.

I disagree. By any objective measure Jordie Benn should still be at 6-7 in this organization's depth chart. The real test would be if we bring in a legit top defenseman from the outside in the near future and he still sticks around for a good while after that.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Spezza's passing is so disappointing at times. First period, right in front of the Dallas net, he gives up the puck twice in one play. It so frustrating to watch little taps as passes that get stolen. He isn't the only one, but I've noticed it a lot lately.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Spezza's passing is so disappointing at times. First period, right in front of the Dallas net, he gives up the puck twice in one play. It so frustrating to watch little taps as passes that get stolen. He isn't the only one, but I've noticed it a lot lately.
He still played pretty hard last night, honestly liked most of his game, even in a loss. He was winning board battles quite a bit. Seguin and Spezza were the only bright spot in that game for me.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I thought Spezza looked either bad or invisible last night. To be fair, I taped the game, periodically watched other stuff and fast forwarded through until I saw a goal by either side and replayed that.

It has come to that.

BTW, my pessimism was such that when the Stars got the PP at the end of the second, I told my wife that "We will probably give up a shortie." It's Oilers bad when you can almost see bad things coming out of good situations.

Primetimey*

Jets fans are talking about me more than the hockey game in their PGT. #Impressive

Primetimey*

No I never jumped ship, I have been a Stars fan since I was in grade three.. why would I cheer for the Trashers because they moved here??

They just love me because I troll the heck out of their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad