Pre-Game Talk: Game #27: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - Thursday, Nov.28th 4:30PM - SNET-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Edler - Garrison still paired? Is there really any point in watching this game? We know what's going to happen...

Lou will let the first shot in. The Canucks wont tie it up until the 3rd period. Then Edler is going to clear the puck right onto Kyle Turris's stick in the open slot for the game-winning goal with 0:49 left on the clock.

Post game will be a bunch of yabbering on about how we played great and outshot Ottawa 34-21 and still lost because of puck-luck.

Kassian will be suspended for punching out Neil, even with Neil being the second man in...

Daniel will be ejected from the game for complaining about a lost tooth not being proof of a high-stick.

Henrik will have his stick held and called for hooking.

Between Santorelli, Kesler, Higgins, and Hansen we will have drawn 13 powerplays and wont have scored on a single one.

Our PK will be 100%, so everyone will go home happy.

What else? Oh yeah, Burr and Booth will both play amazing games with no results.

#2013Canucks

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Edler - Garrison still paired? Is there really any point in watching this game? We know what's going to happen...

Lou will let the first shot in. The Canucks wont tie it up until the 3rd period. Then Edler is going to clear the puck right onto Kyle Turris's stick in the open slot for the game-winning goal with 0:49 left on the clock.

Post game will be a bunch of yabbering on about how we played great and outshot Ottawa 34-21 and still lost because of puck-luck.

Kassian will be suspended for punching out Neil, even with Neil being the second man in...

Daniel will be ejected from the game for complaining about a lost tooth not being proof of a high-stick.

Henrik will have his stick held and called for hooking.

Between Santorelli, Kesler, Higgins, and Hansen we will have drawn 13 powerplays and wont have scored on a single one.

Our PK will be 100%, so everyone will go home happy.

What else? Oh yeah, Burr and Booth will both play amazing games with no results.

#2013Canucks

Getting kind of repetitive isn't it? :laugh: I am starting to get a bit frustrated but as I see it all we can do is be patient and have faith that they will turn the corner. Serenity now. Serenity now. SERENITY NOW.

Booth's play in the last game was welcome and frankly a bit surprising given how bad he had been. He screwed up on that tying goal but he was doing the right things at the other end of the ice, getting into the dirty areas and creating chances. I almost forgot he could do that.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
We are in a dire need of a 4-0 record on this road trip to be competing for a playoff spot.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
throwing-a-fit.gif

just win for god sakes

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
If the Canucks had the same 5v4 shooting percentage as the typical league average, they'd have about twice as many 5v4 goals this season. They're generating more shots from within 10 feet than the #1 ranked Blues.

Some of that is personnel but a whole lot of it is luck. At some point, the ship will right itself if Tortorella keeps the team on track and stops them from developing bad habits. I think that's why you see such a positive message from him.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
If the Canucks had the same 5v4 shooting percentage as the typical league average, they'd have about twice as many 5v4 goals this season. They're generating more shots from within 10 feet than the #1 ranked Blues.

Some of that is personnel but a whole lot of it is luck. At some point, the ship will right itself if Tortorella keeps the team on track and stops them from developing bad habits. I think that's why you see such a positive message from him.

SHOT LOCATI oh. uh..... SNIPERS. POWER FORWARD GRITTY CREASE CRASHING

Wetcoaster

Sens down 4-3 in the third come back and score three to win 6-4 over the Caps in Washington.

Now they travel back to Ottawa (depending on the weather??) to play the rested up Canucks tomorrow.

According to Environment Canada spokesman David Phillips, the city got between 20 and 25 cm of snow by 11 a.m. What strikes him as most peculiar is everything went down exactly as predicted.

“It started around 3 p.m. Tuesday and the light to heavy snow continued for 16 hours,†he said. “Visibility was poor after about 8 p.m. But we saw this coming a week ago and it was so well-scripted — almost as though it was afraid do do anything which wasn’t forecast.â€

Winds will pick up Wednesday afternoon, gusting to about 45 km/h, meaning the drive home could be treacherous.

Phillips says the next three days will be winter postcard weather — bright sunshine and enough cold to keep the fallen snow on the ground and scenically hanging from the trees.​
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/11/27/storm-whallops-ottawa-20-cms-so-far

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

One habit I notice that still lingers is that dreadful drop pass. It's far less the stable it use to be during the AV era, but Torts has yet to work it out of the system. It burns us far too often.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
One habit I notice that still lingers is that dreadful drop pass. It's far less the stable it use to be during the AV era, but Torts has yet to work it out of the system. It burns us far too often.

Agreed. I have no idea why they still use it. The drop pass fools nobody and more often than not it ends up screwing us over.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Agreed. I have no idea why they still use it. The drop pass fools nobody and more often than not it ends up screwing us over.

Edler's drop passes are absolutely horrendous. I'm not sure if he used to do it, but now he even positions his hands really oddly while he does his drop pass. It's like he does his drop pass without using a backhand.

I remember when Ehrhoff left I said on CDC that we'd miss his drop passes (referencing Ehrhoff to sedin to Kesler BEAST MODE nashville playoffs) and that user just said anyone can do a drop pass. Nope. A good drop pass will catch people by surprise, but our drop passes now are more obvious than Kesler's diving in the LA series a few years back.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Edler's drop passes are absolutely horrendous. I'm not sure if he used to do it, but now he even positions his hands really oddly while he does his drop pass. It's like he does his drop pass without using a backhand.

I remember when Ehrhoff left I said on CDC that we'd miss his drop passes (referencing Ehrhoff to sedin to Kesler BEAST MODE nashville playoffs) and that user just said anyone can do a drop pass. Nope. A good drop pass will catch people by surprise, but our drop passes now are more obvious than Kesler's diving in the LA series a few years back.

Good drop passes are done really quickly by the carrier at full speed, and it's positioned so that the trailing player doesn't need to change to slow down and/or turn to pick up the puck. It takes great skill to do it quick enough to make opponents back up, and let the trailer pick up the puck at full speed so there's either an easy entry in the zone or a scoring chance off the rush.

It's probably the aspect of Ehrhoff's game that we miss the most, and that's a big reason why the PP isn't anywhere as dynamic.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Sens down 4-3 in the third come back and score three to win 6-4 over the Caps in Washington.

Now they travel back to Ottawa (depending on the weather??) to play the rested up Canucks tomorrow.

According to Environment Canada spokesman David Phillips, the city got between 20 and 25 cm of snow by 11 a.m. What strikes him as most peculiar is everything went down exactly as predicted.

“It started around 3 p.m. Tuesday and the light to heavy snow continued for 16 hours,†he said. “Visibility was poor after about 8 p.m. But we saw this coming a week ago and it was so well-scripted — almost as though it was afraid do do anything which wasn’t forecast.â€

Winds will pick up Wednesday afternoon, gusting to about 45 km/h, meaning the drive home could be treacherous.

Phillips says the next three days will be winter postcard weather — bright sunshine and enough cold to keep the fallen snow on the ground and scenically hanging from the trees.​
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/11/27/storm-whallops-ottawa-20-cms-so-far

Sens were down 3-1 after 1. Were up 4-3 at one point in the third, but the Caps tied it. Sens then scored two more.

Have you guys confirmed you will be using the Millionaires jersey for the heritage classic?

Wetcoaster

A ray of hope?

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Senators return home to the Canucks sitting and waiting for them. Ottawa is 1-5-2 in the 1st 4 sets of back-to-backs this season.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
OT but I hope we do use our Millionaire jerseys. Really want to pick up a long sleeve sweater and scarf in those colours. Love the burgundy.

Back on topic, I haven't seen one time this year when we dropped off the puck for a turnover. Almost every time we dropped the puck off for Kesler or Henrik, we were able to enter the zone; the question is actually getting a scoring chance on that PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad