Pre-Game Talk: Game #27: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - Thursday, Nov.28th 4:30PM - SNET-VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
"After scoring only once in 13:23 of power-play time against the Kings, the Canucks reverted to their four-forward, 5-on-4 formation during Wednesday’s practice. Jason Garrison, who is in a career-high, 24-game goal drought, was the first-unit pointman.

Tortorella kept intact his four forward combinations, which means winger David Booth, a healthy scratch the previous three games, gets a second straight start alongside Ryan Kesler on the second line. Booth had five shots on net in 13:45 of ice time Monday, but was on the ice for the Kings’ tying goal"

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...called+even/9220911/story.html#ixzz2lvnQaxkr/

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
^ Good. I like them using the 4-forward scheme with Kesler on the point. Would be interesting to compare the shot rates of the different configurations if that data was available.

They're generating more shots from within 10 feet than the #1 ranked Blues.

Where's this number from? Interesting.

Last edited:

Lord Flacko*

Please win. PLEASE. Thanks in advance.

I'll be wearing my Canucks jersey and Sens hat.

Lord Flacko*

Is Kesler going to be on the other point on the pp if its a 4F 1D combination? Kesler is amazing at getting shots through and making plays on the point. Kassian or Burrows should be planted infront of the net (I prefer Kassian but I already know that's not gonna happen for whatever reason),

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian/Burrows/Higgins/Booth/Lack/Whoever
Garrison-Kesler

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Checking out Ottawa's roster especially their backend, we should have no problem scoring atleast 2 goals this game. Hopefully their not starting their backup.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Checking out Ottawa's roster especially their backend, we should have no problem scoring atleast 2 goals this game. Hopefully their not starting their backup.

:sarcasm:

It's the little things that help me get by during tough times like this.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
^ Good. I like them using the 4-forward scheme with Kesler on the point. Would be interesting to compare the shot rates of the different configurations if that data was available.

Where's this number from? Interesting.

Couldn't find the Proto post you're quoting, who's generating all these shots from within 10'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad