GDT: Game 27: Sharks @ Red Wings 4:00pm NBCSCA

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
This, we are still pretty suck, the recent hot streak notwithstanding.

That said I think Barbie is an underrated key cog to this team since he has been here. He and Hertl work together very well.
Yeah I kind of want them to keep him, but maybe trade him then resign him in the off season. Same with Duclair. It really seems like Duclair has taken a leadership role with this team

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Kunin wasn't even bad when he was playing. The team just has a boatload of 3rd liners and they're all buying into the "don't underestimate us" philsophy.
One of the few things Grier did well was stock up on solid bottom 6 forwards. Kunin is a pretty good 3/4 liner and he’s still young enough that when this team starts turning the corner he’d still be valuable. Same with Zetterlund, really reminds me of Kris Draper

Trading then resigning hardly ever happens with how much fans bring it up.
Jeff Norton strongly disagrees with this assessment

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
One of the few things Grier did well was stock up on solid bottom 6 forwards. Kunin is a pretty good 3/4 liner and he’s still young enough that when this team starts turning the corner he’d still be valuable. Same with Zetterlund, really reminds me of Kris Draper

Jeff Norton strongly disagrees with this assessment
That’s going back but I’m fairly certain he was traded for all 3 times.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
IMG_0086.png
Traded all 3 times.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
I believe that these guys are going to pick it up defensively. Look at how they’ve turned it around offensively. This defense has mostly new players. Still getting used to each other.
we do not have a single defenseman that is as good as players we have on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Reactions: weastern bias

Red Light Lover

Jun 6, 2015
Oakland, CA
So Grier finding the players that were part of the problem makes it so that he is part of the problem. But those same said players that are now part of the solution makes it so Grier is not part of the solution also? Make that make sense for me. Either he put this roster that is now good together and he knows what he is doing (just took some time), or these players just randomly walked into a Sharks locker room put on the equipment and Jersey and Grier had nothing to do with it. Which is it?
My original comment which you guys are taking out of context, which is unsurprising, was simple. pappaf2 asked the question if the GM or the Coach was the reason for 'the turning of the tide'. I said that I don't think it was much of either, which I still don't. The players started playing better.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
My original comment which you guys are taking out of context, which is unsurprising, was simple. pappaf2 asked the question if the GM or the Coach was the reason for 'the turning of the tide'. I said that I don't think it was much of either, which I still don't. The players started playing better.
And that comment was added upon with the one we quoted, which stated neither can be the reason for the turn around. But that is false.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad