GDT: Game #26: WPG@TOR | Thu Mar 11 6pm CT | "Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro...nto!" | TSN3/TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I’m a little scared of how intense the Leafs will come out to play tonight. If we’re as loosey goosey defensively as we normally are, Helly is going to have to duplicate Tuesday night once again.

I'm not worried about that intensity issue at all. They were full intensity last game and there is no way they can outplay us more than they did in the second and third periods last time. My worry is more along the lines of us being much better than last game, but still not good enough.

(Setting goaltending aside)

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013

Have to agree with Keith here, I just think the Leafs take this one, as they've lost 3 straight, and will be oh so hungry. Of course I'm pulling for our Jets, and they could do it, but my money goes on the Leafs this game.

I think the next game will be very very close, and I'd give the Jets the nod.
Who is Keith? Doing a little pre-game warm up GNP?
OH......just got it. I guess it is me who must be pre-partying.....

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm glad Stanley is getting a shot.
I felt he played well enough to not be banished to the press box all this time.
But I knew an injury was likely the only thing that was going to get him back into the mix.
Hopefully he can carve out a place for himself these next few weeks.

We're all still waiting for one of those slap shots to find there way into the net for his first NHL goal. Tonight would be a marvelous time for that to happen. It took a long time but our 2nd 2016 1st round pick (+ our 2nd round pick) may finally start paying dividends.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Awesome GDT RetroWinnipeg!

My boss at work is a huge Maple Buds fan and said if the Laffs lose the game tonight, I'm going to have to lead the morning stretches before work starts. I guess I'll be leading the stretches tomorrow....;)
You could get very creative with those stretches.

1. Reach for the leaf on the tree,
2. Bend down place it on the ground,
3. Glute squats on the leaf

next exercise
1 kick right foot sideways to deflect puck in own goal

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The boy turned 20 months today.
His first utterance of the word hockey set off a nice winning streak.
This morning he surprised me with a "Go Jets".
I'll take that as a good sign.

Don't let him down Jets!
giphy.gif

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
The boy turned 20 months today.
His first utterance of the word hockey set off a nice winning streak.
This morning he surprised me with a "Go Jets".
I'll take that as a good sign.

Don't let him down Jets!
giphy.gif

It's not easy being green... Godspeed, young gent. And thanks for the fine GDT, OP!

Hoping for a quick, fast aggressive possession game with less emergency-drill defence, more shots on net and the occasional successful pass. Plus a PLD hat trick, bien sur.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach availability:

Topics:

1. The decision to use Logan Stanley tonight instead of Sami Niku.
2. Jets being the exception to the rule of success with lack of D scoring.
3. Team being on the same page to get better defensively.
4. What does he anticipate facing from a Leafs team that has lost three straight?
5. What does he like about Logan Stanley's shot generation?
6. Defence finding offence.
7. On Joe Thornton still grinding away.
8. What does he use as a reference point for Logan Stanley?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I have a really bad feeling about tonight. That said, if the Jets continue to use their speed, they’ll give Toronto fits and have a chance. Toronto’s D is full of guys who can’t skate.

First goal is huge, I can’t help but think we’ll fold tonight if we fall behind again.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It's not easy being green... Godspeed, young gent. And thanks for the fine GDT, OP!

Hoping for a quick, fast aggressive possession game with less emergency-drill defence, more shots on net and the occasional successful pass. Plus a PLD hat trick, bien sur.

I'll take one goal & 2 assists from PLD (I'm not greedy)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I have a really bad feeling about tonight. That said, if the Jets continue to use their speed, they’ll give Toronto fits and have a chance. Toronto’s D is full of guys who can’t skate.

First goal is huge, I can’t help but think we’ll fold tonight if we fall behind again.

More like the 2nd goal is huge.
We are great at coming from behind and winning.
I'd like to score first but were ok if they do as long as we get the next one.

I think the Leafs D is better then it used to be but still capable of brain farts like all teams.
When we fore checked hard they made a lot of mistakes and we capitalized on a few of them.
Rielly seems to be in Leafs fans doghouses which is a good thing because in some seasons he's been pretty strong.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
In reality, the Leafs put on their special skates, one at a time. We can play better, than the other nite......and beat them...

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad