GDT: GAME 26 | Senators @ Golden Knights | Crookshank Does Vegas | Sun Dec 17 2023, 8PM | TSN5, TVAS

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
In regards to this game, there is nothing much to be said that already hasn't been said in the previous gdts.

Defense sucks, goaltending sucks and the coach sucks.

Reactions: Bileur

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
We all shit on DJ with me included but the other 2 schmucks Jack Capuano & Davis Payne are phuckin as useless and give zero support to DJ. Those 3 gotta go ASAP. If we can't get Berube, get back to the other candidate Dorion passed up on in Pat Roy. Get Mike Fisher, get Alfie. Get Chris Kelly. Get Chris Neil. Anybody. Just get the current 3 guys out of office and ASAP. This is not a joke anymore and we are all running thinly on patience.
It could just be me, but I've always lumped in the other two clowns with PT Barnum. I don't think anyone is advocating for Capuano and Payne to be retained once Smith is canned.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
One thing I'm happy about through this tough stretch is that Batherson looks like he's back to the player he was before the freak injury he had. He's hustling and he's a lot more engaged. It's good to see him back.This team is a lot better when he's on and he's well rounded offensively.

Norris has also looked a lot better lately.

Missing Tarasenko and Joseph is a big deal for this team. Quietly, Tarasenko has been one of our best forwards. Joseph has probably been our best forward.

It would be great to have a young player who can step up and provide some offense and pace to the bottom 6.

Reactions: Bileur and DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
He's very reactive. He's jumped on the fire DJ bandwagon now, but it's because it's become so obvious even a blind monkey can see it. For too long he was saying the same things we've read a lot on here that it's on the players to show up but tonight he literally said that there's no "perimeters and structure in place" for this group to succeed. He shouldn't get any credit for being so late to the party.
CJ is either good or brutal. No in between. Clearly he is for print not radio. When he tries to get thoughtful and intellectual he just drones on and on. Goes in endless circles saying the same thing in five different ways. When he gets a little fired up and goes off the cuff it can be pretty good. I'm listening to it as I type this. I remember once, when Todd White was doing the lunch show! Lol, he filled in for the other guy. CJ went on for over 10 min and Whitey lost what the point was, had zero idea what was going on. It was great. Lol.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Do we have to have Dr. Bob on multiple times, it seems that way, every game day? I respect his fight against cancer, I just don't care about what fans he saw in Dallas and how his hotel is, what the travel is like.

Reactions: gab6511 and Bileur

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
This coaching staff has no answers. Staios has to get rid of all 3. Capuano interim tag is not an option.
This is 100% correct. It’s not a systems issue, it’s the staff’s inability to get the players to adhere to the system and deployment during situations. This isn’t going to change IMO without new voices. Systems only work when players do their jobs. Players have zero respect of the staff’s authority.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Does this guy ever talk about anything other than effort or caring?

It's the best hockey league in the world. Winning also requires strategy and tactics.
He doesnt teach them anything
Teaching is transfering your knowledge to someone else in a way they will acquire that new knowledge
Every single one of them has regressed instead of evolve and getting better

That and the cohesion on the team is inexistant particularly in the D zone

Reactions: Bileur

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I believe it I’ve seen it for 5 years. But I don’t believe it’s anyone other than us lol
No mistakes like that haven't consistently happened for 5 years. But the changes have been insanely bad all season. Mostly due to easy decisions with the puck that no one makes.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Was getting caught up on Reacher season 2, remembered there was a game, checked the score and thought I'd pop by. Another 2nd period and a -3 goal differential. Why are you guys doing this to yourselves? Why are you continuing to subject yourselves to this absolute horseshit?
First were bad fans for pointing out the deficiencies in previous ownership/dorion according to you. Who you defended constantly. Now you're playing the you're smarter card for not watching something you've lectured everyone else on not being an issue. Here come the insults in 5, 4, 3, 2 .....

The maturity and self awareness you consistently display would make any 12 year old blush.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
NO. New ownership, same bullshit.
It's literally the polar opposite of what old ownership/management would have done. Knee jerk reactions with no plan. I am sure if this group owned the team earlier and longer DJ would have been long gone. They took control of the team in pre season.

I think it still happens but I don't think it was the plan. Dorion just put this team in such a terrible spot the mess is alot bigger to clean up than most thought.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

When did they 'blame the fans' sens twitter might be the dumbest group of hockey fans ever assembled. They defended their coach that's not blaming someone. I get why a bunch of people hiding behind fake aliases so they can insult others with no consequences would not understand loyalty on any level. If it's all DJ's fault (which it isn't plenty of blame to go around) I don't want any players that would openly throw their teammates/coach's under the bus. Let's not give these morons any bigger voice than they already Have.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is 100% correct. It’s not a systems issue, it’s the staff’s inability to get the players to adhere to the system and deployment during situations. This isn’t going to change IMO without new voices. Systems only work when players do their jobs. Players have zero respect of the staff’s authority.
Yes the message is not getting through that's for absolute certain. Goalies have no confidence it's such a sad mess. They really need to clean house then start making decisions on players once they get to see everyone under a new coach. It's too hard right now to tell exactly which players are the big problems in this core.

Reactions: LiseL and Alex1234

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
First were bad fans for pointing out the deficiencies in previous ownership/dorion according to you. Who you defended constantly. Now you're playing the you're smarter card for not watching something you've lectured everyone else on not being an issue. Here come the insults in 5, 4 ,3 2 .....

The maturity and self awareness you consistently display would make any 12 year old blush.
Yeah, I thought being negative was toxic? Now look who's being negative.

• Haha
Reactions: Agent Zub

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
When did they 'blame the fans' sens twitter might be the dumbest group of hockey fans ever assembled. They defended their coach that's not blaming someone. I get why a bunch of people hiding behind fake aliases so they can insult others with no consequences would not understand loyalty on any level. If it's all DJ's fault (which it isn't plenty of blame to go around) I don't want any players that would openly throw their teammates/coach's under the bus. Let's not give these morons any bigger voice than they already Have.
I mean the way they defended the coach could have been handled/phrased better.

Reactions: Alex1234

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean the way they defended the coach could have been handled/phrased better.
Oh yeah? When they know it's their own fault too? Or would you have liked them to throw orher people under the bus as well? Anyone that thinks how they reacted is an issue please tell me what you think would have been the better course of action. Bunch of sell outs would have been the preference? How do you think that would go down in the dressing room after. Pointing fingers not having each other's backs.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I bailed out and didn't bother watching the 3rd period last night. Might be the first time I did that. I can't even gather enough energy or enthusiasm to join the debates (threads) in here lately.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Oh yeah? When they know it's their own fault too? Or would you have liked them to throw orher people under the bus as well? Anyone that thinks how they reacted is an issue please tell me what you think would have been the better course of action. Bunch of sell outs would have been the preference? How do you think that would go down in the dressing room after. Pointing fingers not having each other's backs.
"we get it, we understand it, it's on us".

Short and simple and to the point instead of calling out the fanbase.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well even Marc Methot! ex PRO (what do we know we’re not pros never been pros ) said they’re reactions were too much.

Just say hey it’s on us the players were letting the fans and the coach down. We need to be better.

Man the whole “we’re trying why are you booing us”. Was f***ing dumb.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I liked Brady defending his coach but the whole it's bullshit for booing shtick was bullshit.

He should have taken responsibility and said that it's on us and that we have to play better for DJ and that he didn't deserve the boos but the team did.

But he was a spoiled child about it.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yes the message is not getting through that's for absolute certain. Goalies have no confidence it's such a sad mess. They really need to clean house then start making decisions on players once they get to see everyone under a new coach. It's too hard right now to tell exactly which players are the big problems in this core.
Exactly
They are all problems at different times but you cannot trade every one of them
Big big evaluation needs to be made soon

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well even Marc Methot! ex PRO (what do we know we’re not pros never been pros ) said they’re reactions were too much.

Just say hey it’s on us the players were letting the fans and the coach down. We need to be better.

Man the whole “we’re trying why are you booing us”. Was f***ing dumb.
Do you think Methot would have thrown his teammates and coachs under the bus if he was in that situation?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad