GDT: GAME 26 | Senators @ Golden Knights | Crookshank Does Vegas | Sun Dec 17 2023, 8PM | TSN5, TVAS

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Do you think Methot would have thrown his teammates and coachs under the bus if he was in that situation?

The idea that taking ownership over your own team's shit play is "throwing your teammates and coaches under the bus" is ridiculous.

All we had to say was "it's on us, we all need to be better".

This team's immaturity has been so evident this year. Tkachuk has had a tough, tough season.

I'm really curious how next summer goes. Another season is down the drain, and I expect the heat on Brady to keep rising. Singing Mr.Brightside at Heart and Crown won't be celebrated anymore. His brother has been very up-front about how great it is playing in anonymity down in Florida, so I would not at all be surprised if we hear inklings of a potential trade request.

I think we very well may be in for a nightmare offseason. We'll start hearing Andlauer/Staios talk about taking a step back, a renewed focus on "drafting and development", reigning the budget back in so they can "spend when the time is right", and multiple core players being dealt.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The idea that taking ownership over your own team's shit play is "throwing your teammates and coaches under the bus" is ridiculous.

This team's immaturity has been so evident this year. Tkachuk has had a tough, tough season.

I'm really curious how next summer goes. Another season is down the drain, and I expect the heat on Brady to keep rising. Signing the Killers at Heart and Crown won't be celebrated anymore. His brother has been very up-front about how great it is playing in anonymity down in Florida, so I would not at all be surprised if we hear inklings of a potential trade request.

I think we very well may be in for a nightmare offseason. We'll start hearing Andlauer/Staios talk about taking a step back, a renewed focus on "drafting and development", reigning the budget back in so they can "spend when the time is right", and multiple core players being dealt.
The way the question was posed to the players wasnt about their performance they asked them directly about the booing. Its a tight group in there, they will defend on another because thats what good teamates do.

Not on board with this post at all. Wild assumptions with prophetic comments with absolutely nothing behind them but speculation.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
The way the question was posed to the players wasnt about their performance they asked them directly about the booing. Its a tight group in there, they will defend on another because thats what good teamates do.

Not on board with this post at all. Wild assumptions with prophetic comments with absolutely nothing behind them but speculation.

“What did you think about the booing?”

“The fans want their team to win. It’s on us to be better and turn this around.”

That’s the answer.

Instead, he cried about how unfair it was because they were trying really hard. It was an embarrassing moment, one of several so far this year for Tkachuk. If he said that in a sports market like Philly, NY or Chicago, he would have been laughed at.

This "tight group" has become so comfortable with losing I don't think it's salvageable. No accountability, no self-reflection, blame everything on the outside.

Reactions: LiseL and Agent Zub

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
“What did you think about the booing?”

“The fans want their team to win. It’s on us to be better and turn this around.”

That’s the answer.

Instead, he cried about how unfair it was because they were trying really hard. It was an embarrassing moment, one of several so far this year for Tkachuk. If he said that in a sports market like Philly, NY or Chicago, he would have been laughed at.

This "tight group" has become so comfortable with losing I don't think it's salvageable. No accountability, no self-reflection, blame everything on the outside.

People call the leafs losers but they got booed twice at home after going down badly.

And responded by making huge comebacks in the 3rd. And instead of blaming the fans said they deserved it. Crazy what an idea.

We don't even have a hope when this team goes down lol it's an auto loss.

When you are being schooled by the leafs on how to be winners it's f***ing sad.

Reactions: LiseL

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
This situation with DJ is starting to move in to Boudreau in Vancouver territory.

The problem with sticking with a guy that everyone knows is not the guy they want is that he loses clout in the room, and he has to also lose his internal drive to some degree.

He is a dead man walking in the coaching sense, and it’s getting to the point where it’s becoming a shameful way to treat a coach (fanbase and players aside).

They need to put the guy out of his misery, our misery, the team’s misery. He has nothing else to say in the post game scrums because there is nothing left to say.

I really want to see this team play a ‘hard to play against’ type game they were known for at least, but even that is gone. No one looks like they even want to lay the body, and the hitters simply and t engaged as much anymore.

It looks to me like the entire team is in a holding pattern while they wait for the inevitable to occur.

Interim coach is the obvious choice, but I think now they should bring in an experienced guy and just let the new GM keep him or dump him if he wants, when the time comes.

This reminds me of Vancouver for sure, but this is like Boudreau shaming in slow motion over weeks, instead of the weekend.

Reactions: LiseL

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah, I thought being negative was toxic? Now look who's being negative.
I've been very consistent with my position.
Here's what I said on June 27.
1000% it is. They have to start strong and they have to show improvement defensively. Anything less and it should result in DJ and his crew getting shown the door quickly.
Here's what I said on October 27.
Their body language says it all. I was on board with letting DJ have a little time with a good roster to get things on the right track but the body language and tangible frustration the players are feeling is pretty much the end for him.
[...]
Anyway, all that to say, it's time to fire this coaching staff and get things on track.
Let me know where I've been inconsistent on this specific topic or where I was unreasonable with my approach to the topic.

Oduyanow

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2017
Ottawa ON

I'm really curious how next summer goes. Another season is down the drain, and I expect the heat on Brady to keep rising. Singing Mr.Brightside at Heart and Crown won't be celebrated anymore. His brother has been very up-front about how great it is playing in anonymity down in Florida, so I would not at all be surprised if we hear inklings of a potential trade request.

Instead of “Welcome to your Carlsberg years” it’s going to be “Welcome to your Buffalo years”.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
At least it was a jinx with a positive result unlike @Sun God Nika

1702938233561.png

Reactions: Bileur

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
When did they 'blame the fans' sens twitter might be the dumbest group of hockey fans ever assembled. They defended their coach that's not blaming someone. I get why a bunch of people hiding behind fake aliases so they can insult others with no consequences would not understand loyalty on any level. If it's all DJ's fault (which it isn't plenty of blame to go around) I don't want any players that would openly throw their teammates/coach's under the bus. Let's not give these morons any bigger voice than they already Have.
I think he's referring to Brady's comments that the fans booing them was BS, then tried to take it back by then saying he loved the fans' passion. His comment wasn't out of left field. It was the next day that Giroux came out defending the coach.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Yes the message is not getting through that's for absolute certain. Goalies have no confidence it's such a sad mess. They really need to clean house then start making decisions on players once they get to see everyone under a new coach. It's too hard right now to tell exactly which players are the big problems in this core.
I agree. My observation is the worse the team plays (out of position, all playing the same man, turnovers, break-aways), the worse the goalies play. We won't be able to determine the quality of our goalies until this team starts playing consistently as a 5 man unit within a sound defensive structure.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Yeah “oh the booing? Yeah we aren’t playing well. We play for the fans they pay a lot of money to watch us play we need to be better”

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
My guy, Robert Thomas is more productive, better defensively (even strength and on the PK where he plays first unit), plays a more important position, and wears a letter for that team, all while being younger than Batherson.

Only factor leaning on Batherson’s side are size and contract. Thomas has a good contract and decent size.

It’s not a knock on Batherson but Robert Thomas is much more valuable.
You're right. All along. I just wanted to fleece St. Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad