GDT: Game #26|Mar. 9, 2013|Flyers at Bruins|1:00 p.m. ET

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Most of us call out whole team.

a large number here point to the goalie's play.
a large number here point to the goalie's contract.
a large number here say "plug in another goalie & we'll be fine"

i say:
1. the Team D is awful & has been since game #1
2. the lack of hustle & effort is a complete joke
3. besides Simmonds & Jake, Bryz has been the best Flyer this year.
4. Bryz was playing lights out earlier this year & was able to overcome the team's poor D coverage & frequent lapses in effort & hustle.
5. Bryz is not playing at that high level currently, but I'm far more concerned with the over all Team D & lack of effort / hustle

that's the whole team.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Fun fact. With CLBs win today, they will be 1 point behind us with 1 game in hand. We are right next to CLB in team rankings.

Let that sink in. I actually really like CLB but lets be serious here for a second.

Same can be said with Florida. We are basicly one point out of last place in the league!

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
giroux had 0 shots on goal for 2230 played. hartnell had 19 minutes with 0 shots. that is what needs to get fixed if we are going to win games. not bryz. they have to stop turning the Puck over and stop blowing defensive assignments. we have to take more shots. we have to stop trying to be cute and just put The Puck on net. and we as fans ha e to stop pointing the finger at bryz, he doesn't score goals. he doesn't turn over the Puck in the nuetral zone, he doesn't pass the Puck away right in front of an empty goal.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

i say:
4. Bryz was playing lights out earlier this year & was able to overcome the team's poor D coverage & frequent lapses in effort & hustle.
5. Bryz is not playing at that high level currently, but I'm far more concerned with the over all Team D & lack of effort / hustle

that's the whole team.

The defense hasn't been that bad stats prove that you're wrong.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
guys, the defense has been bad for a while now. it wasn't earlier but recently it has not been good. i'm not saying it's the worst in the league or anything but there is no way to can watch today's first period and the second period against the pens and say they have a good defense.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Fun fact. With CLBs win today, they will be 1 point behind us with 1 game in hand. We are right next to CLB in team rankings.

Let that sink in. I actually really like CLB but lets be serious here for a second.

I posted similar in the draft thread then spent time reading some scouting reports on the top four guys. :naughty:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
guys, the defense has been bad for a while now. it wasn't earlier but recently it has not been good. i'm not saying it's the worst in the league or anything but there is no way to can watch today's first period and the second period against the pens and say they have a good defense.

Heres the thing though. Like you said, we dont have the worse defense in the league, but statistically have one of the worse goalies. There are teams out there with worse defenses or teams but goalies do a good better job than Bryz it seems.

Case in point. CLB.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He will never quit saying that, but has time and time again been proven wrong here.

I'm far more worried about the offense, and figuring out why they aren't producing at nearly the level they did last year with many of the usual suspects still in the lineup. And also the goalie.

Edit: Well, we said last year "What happens if Bryz keeps sucking and the offense dries up?" I guess we have the answer to that question.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012

i say:

that's the whole team.

This is ridiculous, no ones saying plug in another goalie and we'll be fine, we're saying Bryz is playing like **** and not nearly living up to the contract he has, what people are saying is put another goalie in at less than half the cost and he'll be able to put up the same ****** numbers Bryz does.

Our defense really isn't that awful, there's just no goalie to bail us out on the inevitable breakdowns. It's not like last year, our defense isn't THAT terrible.

Let's be clear, Bryz played above average, not lights out, but above average for a few of the games into the season. On Feb 7th he had a .923 and 2.20 GAA, which is great for him, but he's now at .899 and 2.80 GAA. That good start evaporated pretty quickly and doesn't excuse his **** play now.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Heres the thing though. Like you said, we dont have the worse defense in the league, but statistically have one of the worse goalies. There are teams out there with worse defenses or teams but goalies do a good better job than Bryz it seems.

Case in point. CLB.

mason has been worse then bryz (not much though) and bob has played 9 less games. i personally think the work load has a lot to do with bryz's recent struggles.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
mason has been worse then bryz (not much though) and bob has played 9 less games. i personally think the work load has a lot to do with bryz's recent struggles.

Especially since he flat out said he was feeling tired at one point. I know it's tough to put Boucher in there for a game when we're not in a playoff position, but at this point it looks to be an equally bad, or worse, plan to just play Bryz every game. Hopefully Boosh starts tomorrow.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
This is ridiculous, no ones saying plug in another goalie and we'll be fine

Our defense really isn't that awful, there's just no goalie to bail us out on the inevitable breakdowns. It's not like last year, our defense isn't THAT terrible.

i saw someone claiming Hank would have had 2 of the 3 today.

yes, it REALLY IS AWFUL.

BRYZ was there earlier this year to bail them out. did you even watch ?

hes just not playing lights out anymore.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
i saw someone claiming Hank would have had 2 of the 3 today.

yes, it REALLY IS AWFUL.

BRYZ was there earlier this year to bail them out. did you even watch ?

hes just not playing lights out anymore.

Your definition of lights out is quite low. Anderson's numbers are lights out , Bob s last 7 games are lights out, Bryz was solid and playing the way he is expected too with the amount of cap space we used on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad