Game #26: Kings @ Sharks - 11/27/13 - SOL 3-2

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Have to say this was probably the only lost this year I'm not losing sleep over. Well played game honestly by everyone! And Muffins still stinks! Turnover Muffins at his best!

Yeah, turnover Muffins was a +1.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Willie Mitchell Calling Willie Mitchell

Please pick up the yellow courtesy phone

The accountability police would like to talk to you about tonights game......

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Hehe , Muzzin the new whipping boy.

Guys he is going to make mistakes playing Drew's minutes and competition.

The alternative is putting RR back up there...I know no one wants that.

RR is just fine playing where he is.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You obviously didn't notice is short percentage in shootout is 46%.it was that because he always shot top right. That's what I am saying. You obviously haven't noticed Stoll can't score any where but top right. And if you don't care you obviously took the time to reply. At least watch before you comment.

Still a hell of a game :)

Stoll's insane run was what 2010-2011 when he was like 10 of 12?

For whatever reason (prob scouting) goalies have taken that away, I actually credit Stoll tonight for not forcing it in there, but his offensive game is just done.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Quick is like 28 and 10 in Shotout's lifetime....This season he is 4-0.

Quick might be the best shootout Goalie in the NHL ever when it's said and done.

No one is even close to his numbers.

Yeah, he had that crazy year along with Stoll of being unbeatable in the Shootout. What did they go like 12-0 or something?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

For whatever reason (prob scouting) goalies have taken that away, I actually credit Stoll tonight for not forcing it in there, but his offensive game is just done.

I think he was even better than that, 13 of 14...He missed one shot in like the last shootout the Kings had that year..

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Another great game ruined by a stupid gimmick contest. It would be like Green Bay and Minnesota deciding their tie with a FG kicking contest.

Would have loved to see another 5 minutes and then just call it a tie.

Kind of surprised not to see Doughty get a shot in the shootout.

Normally pretty good at guessing everyone's moves, was fooled by Richards and Stoll, normally MR stops and shoots and that is the first time I've ever seen Stoll do anything other than high glove.

All perfectly true.

KingKopitar11*

They have been scouting. But no matter how much they try to scout that shot there's always a good chance it goes in. I remember he actually wasn't stopped by a goalie when he stopped picking that corner. He hit the post, and ever since that he has shot other sides.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Just looked at the standings- Coyotes are 2 points behind us with a game in hand. How do they always do this? Ugh, be gone.

tumblr_mh5jcfrHRu1qhu1jbo1_500.gif

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Another great game ruined by a stupid gimmick contest. It would be like Green Bay and Minnesota deciding their tie with a FG kicking contest.

Would have loved to see another 5 minutes and then just call it a tie.

Kind of surprised not to see Doughty get a shot in the shootout.

Normally pretty good at guessing everyone's moves, was fooled by Richards and Stoll, normally MR stops and shoots and that is the first time I've ever seen Stoll do anything other than high glove.

Disagree. If we were to go back to the days when there were ties (lots and lots of ties), people would be up in arms wanting a better resolution. There's no perfect solution. But for now, SO will suffice.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Just looked at the standings- Coyotes are 2 points behind us with a game in hand. How do they always do this? Ugh, be gone.

Tippet is one hell of a Regular season Coach. But a dud come playoff time.

PHX will be there till the end. Kings just gotta keep piling on points.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Toffoli looks a little snake bit and down on himself.

Pretty typical for a young player with Top Six potential.

He had a wide open net in the dying minutes of the third with Niemi down and out.

Missed the net completely.

Did he miss that? It looked like he trid to lift the puck but didn't get it high enough. Toffoli is ok. He's not getting the ice time he had so that cuts down on your chances. Like all goal scorers they get down if they don't score. Once he pots one you'll see a little more jump in his step.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

This isn't the same old Coyotes, 4th in goals per game, 24th in goals against. Just weird

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Yotes are scoring at an odd rate.. I mean 4th in GPG ?

Say what ?

Mike Smith has a 3.02 GAA and he is 12-5.....What ? Although Smith is win-less in his last three starts.

Martin Hanzel is a PPG player right now 21g 20P....What ?

Hanzel's career high is 35 points, he is on pace to absolutely destroy that.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Disagree. If we were to go back to the days when there were ties (lots and lots of ties), people would be up in arms wanting a better resolution. There's no perfect solution. But for now, SO will suffice.

Fine, if you want to keep the shootout make regulation wins worth 3 points. It would be a drastic change, but you can just see the game slow down a lot when the game is tied in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd, especially in inter-conference and even inter-division games.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
No top names on the team and they still manage to get in. Really weird stats, but we can't ever count them out.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Fine, if you want to keep the shootout make regulation wins worth 3 points. It would be a drastic change, but you can just see the game slow down a lot when the game is tied in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd, especially in inter-conference and even inter-division games.

Like I said, there's no perfect solution. Bottom line is, the games are a lot more interesting now than they were back when there weren't tiebreakers. The only change I'd like to see is a 3 on 3 for 5 minutes of OT then go into SO if necessary.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Sucks to lose, great game though and getting a point in a game where you enter the 3rd behind is never bad

The first goal was all on Muffin, how about you clear the puck from the slot instead of watching it and hoping someone else does. Hockey 101 is that when there is any doubt, you just clear the puck

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Muzzin is being used as a scapegoat too much, he hasn't been great, but he has allowed Doughty to play a much different game, and that's worth it. Doughty/Muzzin>>>>Doughty/Regehr.

The guy I have a problem with is Dustin Brown. Yes, I'm used to his LONG stretches of close to zero production followed by a month where he tears it up, but my problem right now is he's both not producing AND making awful decisions with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad