GDT: Game 26: HABS @ KRAKEN Dec 6, 2022 – 10:00PM ET. ROOT-NW, TSN2, RDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As you mentioned, Monahan not playing. It was obvious that it was a lower body injury based on the footage of his last shift of last night’s game.

We still don’t know the extent of his injury as he will be assessed once the Habs return home.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So with MSL as coach, we're seeing an embrace of talent, scoring, and "concepts" aka making the best play in the moment and not planning too much because hockey is pure chaos. But at the same time the players who have struggled this season are clearly struggling because without the structure of a defense-first system aka "protect the tie" or "Price will bail us out" these players are being exposed as not good enough to keep in our plans.

I think it's fantastic. Players like Edmunson aren't going to thrive here, but he would do fine on another team. Pitlick has a little bit of talent but not enough to dominate, evans misses the structure, etc Its pretty clear that we're transitioning from the old regime and the roster will still have pieces that don't fit for a few seasons. That's why I don't get upset about losses right now, and I love when we win. I want to see the team avoid the loser culture and just play the game. In the end, there's no way we'll be good enough to have a playoff berth, but at the same time they have to play like they're competitive. That kind of confidence is what makes great teams meet their potential. The complaining from posters is wasted energy IMO.

I'm looking forward to this one. Wright v Slaf will be interesting, and you have to think the guys are going to really have playing 60 mins in the front of their minds tonight. With 11 forwards, we're also going to get some cool combos, maybe slaf can get more minutes

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Slafkovsky and Wright with 3 goals each tonight and then Slafkovsky throws down with Wright in the 3rd for giving the Habs table the stare down at the draft. :)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Great we only have 2 good vets, and they're both out.

Hope Allen is ready for his 50+ shot night.

Go Suzuki! Go Caufield! Go Slafkovsky & Dach!

Go young D ... 💪

Reactions: jrom

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
So with MSL as coach, we're seeing an embrace of talent, scoring, and "concepts" aka making the best play in the moment and not planning too much because hockey is pure chaos. But at the same time the players who have struggled this season are clearly struggling because without the structure of a defense-first system aka "protect the tie" or "Price will bail us out" these players are being exposed as not good enough to keep in our plans.

I think it's fantastic. Players like Edmunson aren't going to thrive here, but he would do fine on another team. Pitlick has a little bit of talent but not enough to dominate, evans misses the structure, etc Its pretty clear that we're transitioning from the old regime and the roster will still have pieces that don't fit for a few seasons. That's why I don't get upset about losses right now, and I love when we win. I want to see the team avoid the loser culture and just play the game. In the end, there's no way we'll be good enough to have a playoff berth, but at the same time they have to play like they're competitive. That kind of confidence is what makes great teams meet their potential. The complaining from posters is wasted energy IMO.

I'm looking forward to this one. Wright v Slaf will be interesting, and you have to think the guys are going to really have playing 60 mins in the front of their minds tonight. With 11 forwards, we're also going to get some cool combos, maybe slaf can get more minutes

Agreed 100% with you, I know it will take around 2 seasons to have replaced those kind of players and I can’t wait.

One drawback tough is that under MSL those players are losing trade value because they look bad (worse) compared to the rest of the team. Edmunson is an immediate example, Anderson too. Gotta be patient to have a decent return but the clock is ticking.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
My guess at the lineup:

Dach - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Evans - Anderson
Dadonov - Dvorak - Armia
Pezzetta - XXXXXX - Pitlick

Matheson - Guhle
Edmundson - Kovacevic