GDT: Game 26: Flames @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Doan didn't take a single stride "defending" on that goal. Just glided and watched.... and the cast is putting it on Perlini. ****en rich.

It was Perlini though. Hamilton went right around him. Doan was backchecking but wasnt close enough to lift his stick until he had already put it in.

Leave the captain alone. (Crying Brittney Spears kid Meme)

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
> Doan on the ice in the OT
> We get scored on

How many times does this need to happen before somebody realizes this is a really bad idea?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
It was Perlini though. Hamilton went right around him. Doan was backchecking but wasnt close enough to lift his stick until he had already put it in.

Leave the captain alone. (Crying Brittney Spears kid Meme)

Perlini was beat, clearly. But Doan could have stopped that goal if he actually skated. He wasn't close enough because he was gliding, which is my point.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Not Perlinis fault at all. Wtf were Doab and Goligoski doing? And why on earth doesn't Dave Tippett put a natural center out to start overtime????

Wow Perlini can fly though.

How isn't it Perlini's fault at all? Obviously you can't throw it all on him, but he got walked on a 1 on 1. He was flat footed, and he rotated the wrong direction. If the player is cutting to your right, you never turn to your left to spin around and throw your stick at him. That's hockey 101.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I don't understand the philosophy and mindset of this team. You can cry rebuild and youth all you like, but that's absolutely no excuse for why the refuse to push for a win. They score a goal and immediately hit the breaks for prevent defense, spending the majority of the game in their own end hanging on for dear life. As soon as they get possession, which is very rare, they dump it in for a line change, and then the next line spends their entire shift in the D zone.

What the ****.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I don't understand the philosophy and mindset of this team. You can cry rebuild and youth all you like, but that's absolutely no excuse for why the refuse to push for a win. They score a goal and immediately hit the breaks for prevent defense, spending the majority of the game in their own end hanging on for dear life. As soon as they get possession, which is very rare, they dump it in for a line change, and then the next line spends their entire shift in the D zone.

What the ****.

Tippett's system how dare you criticize it. :sarcasm:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He was flat footed, and he rotated the wrong direction.

That was the WTF moment for me :laugh:. Being behind a bit after a long shift where he went up and down the ice a few times was somewhat expected.

I was surprised to see Hamilton just go for it like a forward instead of dish or settle for a lower percentage shot. Both a smart play recognizing that the line was tired with forwards defending combined with the skill to pull it off.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
How isn't it Perlini's fault at all? Obviously you can't throw it all on him, but he got walked on a 1 on 1. He was flat footed, and he rotated the wrong direction. If the player is cutting to your right, you never turn to your left to spin around and throw your stick at him. That's hockey 101.

Obviously he got walked but he should not have been the last line of defense when he was the deepest forward in the offensive zone. Atleast he hustled back and tried. A heck of a lot more then I can say from our captain. Doan easily could have taken the puck off Hamiltons stick but floated back and did t even try and do anything. Any team that has a 40 year old Shane Doan on their 1st pp unit needs some serious help.

Trust me I love Shane Doan as much as anyone but he clearly not the player he was, and will certainly hang them up at the end of the season

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
3-on-3 Lines
Rieder - Martinook - OEL
Perlini - Doan - Goligoski​

:boredom:

And... can we send Duclair down to Tuscon? He doesn't even seem to care at this point (hoping for a trade?) Sure, he needs to work on stuff, but on the right roster/team strategy, he could contribute more while he's working on his deficiencies. Of course that's probably the case for most of our roster at the moment...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

What the ****.

Dave. Tippett. Fire. Him.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
You have to wonder if Tippets reputation around the league has taken a hit from this at all

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Dave. Tippett. Fire. Him.

You would think that the Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations would be tired of such a coach's losing ways and realize that something needs to be done to regain/add fans for the team (which firing a coach and his assistants might do). :sarcasm:

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Fun playing AHLer in key situations:)

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Fun playing AHLer in key situations:)

With Domi out, he didn't have much of a choice but to play Perlini. The only other option would have been Dvorak (Duke would not get the call). Of course, if Perlini had different partners (say Vrbata and Murphy or Stone), he probably would have done a bit better.

Of course, I guess Dvorak - Vrbata - Stone could have been planned as the next line

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Perlini was beaten. Welcome to the NHL. He'll learn from it. I thought that the coverage was bad because OEL went off and GoGo came out trailing the play, if I recall correctly. I have the play on the DVR but I'm tired and more than a little lazy right now.

Duclair really has to get his ass out of his head and play up to his talent. I thought that he played another poor game. I was also sure that his ass would be stapled to the bench after the second penalty but it wasn't. Tippett played him. I think that he bounced around lines in the 3rd.

Hanzal played well. Martinook and Reider played well. Perlini, well I was rooting for him during camp and boy he has talent. Fast and strong. I'm hoping to see him shoot, I hear that he as a good one. I don't recall him taking a shot on net, but I might have missed it. Learned something in OT>

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad