GDT: Game 26: Flames @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They now need 2 wins for every loss to have a chance at the playoffs. 4% chance total. Only team with single digit wins, only 6 ROWs. Worst goal diff in the league despite good goaltending.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
"This team has no problems"

"105 point pace over last small sample size"

"Points are all that matter at the end of the day"

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Since we're inarguably the worst team in the league, and we literally have nowhere to go but up from here, would any Tip-o-philes like to tell me what bad could possibly come from firing the great, wise Dave Tippett, at this point?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Since we're inarguably the worst team in the league, and we literally have nowhere to go but up from here, would any Tip-o-philes like to tell me what bad could possibly come from firing the great, wise Dave Tippett, at this point?

Ownership and the GM need to decide if DT is the best coach for the team going forward; regardless of the current record.

This is not a situation where the team was expected to be a contender and is grossly under-performing.

We are under-performing, but with a quarter of the team having never played a pro game until 2 months ago, pre-season projections are tough to do.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Max Domi should stop fighting.

This fight was uncalled for. The hit on Domi was not terrible, but I think the Flames player threw his elbow up a little, and Max took exception. The team is showing their frustration, and understandably so, but better for him to try and elevate his game than risk injury...for what?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
2 - 1 ot loss is a win in Tippett's book. Only gave up 1 in regulation. Just need a few more grinders on the roster. Offense is overrated.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
2 - 1 ot loss is a win in Tippett's book.

Yes, it is, if the post-game comments I read on Twitter are at all accurate - he went on and on about compete level and effort and so forth. So I guess the continuing on-ice strategic and tactical issues are ameliorated by guys punching people.

This obsession with grinders that Tippett has irks me. Next Halloween, he should dress up as a gargantuan lunchbox.

Also, this:

UWxDhFi.jpg

Dougie Hamilton with the game winner.

...was such delicious, delicious irony.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Good chance Domi misses a few games. That direct shot to the eye likely has some lasting effects. Hope no fracture.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Coyotes have more points than Vegas this year #Delpositive

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

I don't know if I can be considered anything remotely close to a Tip-o-phile, but the point is that no amount of constant, droning, endless, ad nauseum complaints regarding his coaching will remove him from the position and it's tiresome (at best) to keep reading said complaints. I mean at least if some of these posters could offer something fresh every now and then???

I understand that I don't have to read and can put folks on "ignore", but that's some of the greatest form of cowardice out there and sometimes, just maybe some one of the negative Nancy's might just have something to say that has value.

Last edited:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I don't know if I can be considered anything remotely close to a Tip-o-phile, but the point is that no amount of constant, droning, endless, ad nauseum complaints regarding his coaching will remove him from the position and it's tiresome (at best) to keep reading said complaints. I mean at least if some of these posters could offer something fresh every now and then???

I understand that I don't have to read and can put folks on "ignore", but that's some of the greatest form of cowardice out there and sometimes, just maybe some one of the negative Nancy's might just have something to say that has value.
:handclap:

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert

Well said! :)

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Our collective post count goes through the floor?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yes, it is, if the post-game comments I read on Twitter are at all accurate - he went on and on about compete level and effort and so forth. So I guess the continuing on-ice strategic and tactical issues are ameliorated by guys punching people.

Honestly, the 40 minute effort was at least twice as much as I've seen most this year. Certainly the past month. It's a positive direction. Mostly because expectations and standards have fallen so low, but still a positive. I'd rather hear something positive from him when applicable than hear him rant about trading guys, throw guys under the bus, or just explain everything away based on "execution".

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Honestly, the 40 minute effort was at least twice as much as I've seen most this year. Certainly the past month. It's a positive direction. Mostly because expectations and standards have fallen so low, but still a positive. I'd rather hear something positive from him when applicable than hear him rant about trading guys, throw guys under the bus, or just explain everything away based on "execution".

So you don't like negativity? :laugh:

cobra427

May 6, 2012

The ignore list is good for now if you don't want to listen to the same regurgitated posters.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So you don't like negativity? :laugh:

If you can't differentiate between a face of the franchise fostering a negative environment surrounding the team and fans on a message board who blame Tippett for part of the team's woes, perhaps we've identified part of your problem.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad