OEL-Stone
Grossmann-Murphy
Dahlbeck-Elliot

Smith
Lindback

Injuries to Doan, Michalek, and Vitale.

Arytonblue

Oct 30, 2015
Helm really shouldn't be anywhere near that top 6 considering his performances, though it was hilarious watching him against Buffalo, I'd feel for the guy if it wasn't so funny watching him desperately trying to score. I get that the kid line is doing well recently but Pav really deserves a better line than that.

Here's hoping the Wings can finally win a game comfortably for once. But I've been saying that for weeks, soooo.... 7-6 OT garbage for someone.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I dunno why you guys are such *****es about Helm. I think he has been pretty awesome lately. Other than finishing. Which he will always be terrible at.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Then he should be a bottom 6 forward, not a top 6 forward. We need more goals.

Meh, he's a middle 6er. And he costs 2.5M. I wasn't referring to how he has been utilized, I'm just saying he has been playing well for who he is. We have other guys who are supposed to be scoring, and Helm's stone hands wouldn't be an issue if they were.

Besides, considering that 14-15-21 is an awesome 3rd line right now, who else is a shoe-in for top 6 over Helm? Maybe Richards but he still has some convincing to do.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
First Eichel. Now it's Domi vs Larkin. Gonna be another good matchup. We just need to play Chicago to complete the rookie trifecta.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Richards on the 4th line is better than having Cleary any day. With as much as he uses the 4th line as he does. Hey why not? Might as well. We now can roll 4 lines.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I dunno why you guys are such *****es about Helm. I think he has been pretty awesome lately. Other than finishing. Which he will always be terrible at.

I am a big fan of Helm. I love his style of play but I don't think he belongs in a top 6 role. I agree he gets a lot of hate on here. He's just not a goal scorer

cnwinger

Feb 22, 2012
I don't think anyone would be complaining if he wasn't skating with Pavel ****ing Datsyuk...something Helm has no business doing, ever.

Arytonblue

Oct 30, 2015
Helm does a lot of good things for sure, uses his pace, battles well along the boards and can be physical, but he is hurting that top 6 right now because:

a)he can't score.
b)he's got poor hands.
c)he's hogging the puck every chance he gets in the offensive zone because he's so desperate to score.
d)he's doing all this on a line with our best player still trying to get back to 100% who needs much better offensive support.

I think he'd do well on the 4th line, he'd have the pace to chase all those dumped pucks by Glendening and Miller and wouldn't have the offensive expectations that he has currently in the top 6. Richards has been decent lately and should take his place for now IMO.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I thought Richards has been good lately, good thing we use our 4th line a ton

Aug 6, 2012
Then he should be a bottom 6 forward, not a top 6 forward. We need more goals.

Who are you going to put in that spot instead? Helm has been one of the best skaters on the team for a little bit now, even if he isn't scoring he's creating a ton of chances. Richards is terrible so the only thing I could see is Jurco-Dats-Pulky.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
And people thought saddling Datsyuk with ****** linemates was just a Babcock thing. :laugh:

Haha I have to give you that one.

I will say though that I like the way Helm has played lately. He's been buzzing and very noticeable unlike earlier in the season. He needs to start finishing though. And give Datsyuk Tatar or Nyquist already dammit. Not even asking for Larkin here.

Aug 6, 2012
Haha I have to give you that one.

I will say though that I like the way Helm has played lately. He's been buzzing and very noticeable unlike earlier in the season. He needs to start finishing though. And give Datsyuk Tatar or Nyquist already dammit. Not even asking for Larkin here.

So break up currently our best line that has been completely dominant.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
So break up currently our best line that has been completely dominant.

I agree with you. You can't break up TSN right now with the way they've been playing, especially since overall the Zetterberg line and the Datsyuk lines have been decent. It's a shame Dats and Richards didn't put up more points because it feels like they've gotten a ton of great chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad