GDT: Game 26: Coyotes @ Kings - 8:30 PM - FS-A PLUS (12/4)

What are your favorite places to shop for gifts?

• Total voters

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Raanta is the #1 goalie though.

Yep. It's like I pointed out in the last GDT - Raanta has the best Sv% in the league over 5 years. The Corsica rankings also consider high danger chances.
Hill has been very good but we shouldn't get over our skis on what he's doing. If any reassessment is to be done with the goalie situation going forward, we can do that next offseason. Hill can steal Kuemper's job, I think that's on the table.

That said I'd still be plenty cautious with Raanta in the coming games. At least they did say it's not the same injury that kept him out for a few weeks.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yep. It's like I pointed out in the last GDT - Raanta has the best Sv% in the league over 5 years. The Corsica rankings also consider high danger chances.
Hill has been very good but we shouldn't get over our skis on what he's doing. If any reassessment is to be done with the goalie situation going forward, we can do that next offseason. Hill can steal Kuemper's job, I think that's on the table.

That said I'd still be plenty cautious with Raanta in the coming games. At least they did say it's not the same injury that kept him out for a few weeks.
Raanta has a great save % with back up game numbers the last 5 years. He has never played 60 games at a high level and added any playoff performance on to that. This is why the dollars and term were less than most expected, he is still unproven as a reliable top 10 starter. It seems like its always a new injury, he might be fragile/injury prone.

Having said that, I hope he plays in 50 more games this year and wins the Vezina.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Hello y'all arizona fans and big respect for y'all!! That's what spitting here during some bourbon and all. But my question is is y'all thankin that Raanta will play in this game already or not? That's the big shakespheare question in shis dirt all.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I voted for Amazon, Best Buy, Local Shopping Mall, Walmart, & Target. I'm a dummy for leaving out Costco because I thought the choice was Sam's Club for some reason. Of the choice listed, Best Buy is my favorite, because I'm a geek & gamer.

We're playing the Kings, so we're supposed to win, RIGHT?!?!

Reactions: MIG

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
That's pretty standard for the team, bringing a guy up for the first time, letting him sit a game or two and then either sending him back or putting him in. They don't go for off the plane and into the lineup.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad