Post-Game Talk: GAME 26 - BRUINS 5 Arizona 3

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I think we are talking about two different things.

All I'm saying is I don't agree with the statements that a team is not as good as its record because they don't win the SC. It's no big deal just my opinion.

No opinion on that subjective nonsense. I was just commenting on the mathematical myth of the President's Trophy "Curse".

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Is there a thread here (on Bruins board) to discuss the movements/trades/ etc of teams other than the Bruins? RHD Robert Bortuzzo was traded to the Isles from St. Louis yesterday. I find it interesting, and I'd like to have somewhere other than the Cap thread to post/discuss. I also don't want to open a new thread if there's one that this can go into.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Is there a thread here (on Bruins board) to discuss the movements/trades/ etc of teams other than the Bruins? RHD Robert Bortuzzo was traded to the Isles from St. Louis yesterday. I find it interesting, and I'd like to have somewhere other than the Cap thread to post/discuss. I also don't want to open a new thread if there's one that this can go into.

As far as I know most trades and moves involving other teams are posted and discussed in the NHL Out Of Town threads.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
All things being equal, the President's Trophy winner should win 1/16 of the time or 6.25% of the time. That's against all other teams in the playoffs. If you take non-playoff teams into consideration, it's 3.125%. I'll take 25% over those odds and make a fortune every time.

Not the point I was discussing. Not even close.
Only point that matters to me.

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
This will be me later this week, waiting for the next game:

Attachments

• IMG_0608.png
    IMG_0608.png
    644.6 KB · Views: 2

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I hate that Monty benched Poitras for the entire 3rd period. Beecher only got 2 non-PK shifts too and wasn't seen in the last 7 mins. I get the explanation and the rationale, but I don't like it. Yes Matt made a bad mistake in the 2nd, and perhaps wasn't having his best game overall, but he at least partially atoned for his error with that nice board battle win and feed to Heinen, and I thought after that he deserved to stay in the rotation and play out the game, especially with Zacha out. It seems particularly harsh too that you force the kid to take a game off, which in itself I think is fine, but then when he inevitably comes back a little rusty, you still punish him for it anyway. That to me is unfair.

The Bruins have had their struggles of late and the two guys the coach has singled out publicly the most are the two rookie forwards, who for sure have had their ups and downs but have not been the biggest problems with this team, not even close. Overall I like Monty as a coach but there are aspects of how he goes about things that annoy me.

100% agree. The only thing I'll disagree with is liking Monty. The more I see of him the less I like him and he's my homeboy so it's not because I don't want to like him.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
100% agree. The only thing I'll disagree with is liking Monty. The more I see of him the less I like him and he's my homeboy so it's not because I don't want to like him.
I was (pretty much) done with him after the fiasco of coaching that he exhibited in the playoff of '23. Nothing short of a finals appearance in '24 will change my opinion. Either way, he'll probably be here for his full contract.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
2 things I keep reading on here that don't make sense to me.

1:They're not be as good as your record

2: If it wasn't for their D and Goalies.

How can you not be as good as your record ?

Well yeah. Could add if it wasn't for their scoring lines and depth.

Maybe I'm just not qualified enough to understand the nuances of hockey.

In fairness they did a lot of winning against the bad teams (like they should have). My concern is that the D isn’t as much of a strength as we think.

Bergeron was a big big big part of the team D, especially against top players. They are just a much much much worse team between the blue lines than last year wether it is Bergeron’s ability to create turnovers and control possession or Krejci and Hall’s ability to get the puck from the D zone to the O zone.

I mean the team is in the bottom third when it comes to possession metrics. The goalies have bailed them out and that’s going to have to be part of the strategy until they can get some more guys with talent that can control the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad