Pre-Game Talk: Game 26 - 11/29 1:11 PM - BLACK AND GOLD FRIDAY vs NYR - NBC, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
GettyImages-452528681-1024x729.jpg

upload_2019-11-28_15-43-43.png

upload_2019-11-28_15-44-14.png

Even without key players, the Boston Bruins have shown of late how dangerous their offense can be. The New York Rangers are well aware, having found out in their most recent meeting.

But the Rangers are in a much better place now as they travel to Boston to face the Bruins on Friday afternoon. New York has won three straight and four of its past five compared to the 1-5-1 stretch it was on capped by the loss to Boston in their first meeting Oct. 27.

In that contest, the Rangers held a 1-0 lead after one period before the Bruins scored four times in the second and three in the third in a 7-4 loss that left New York scratching its head afterward as to what went wrong.

"It's hard to figure out right now," said Henrik Lundqvist, who was pulled after two periods in net that night. "We had a 1-0 lead after the first. ... We came out in the second, and we weren't even close."

Boston has that kind of ability, evidenced Tuesday in an 8-1 road rout of the rival Montreal Canadiens. The Bruins have scored at least five goals three times during a five-game winning streak, though it took two in the third period to put away a 2-1 victory over the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday.

"We weren't clean with the puck early on," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said after the win. "... It took us awhile to sort of get to our game, where we could get through there and establish a little something. But eventually we got there, and it took everybody. We found a way to win."

Everybody hasn't included Patrice Bergeron the past two games. The top-line center sat out the team's short road trip with a recurrence of a lower-body injury, and his status for Friday has yet to be determined.
Bergeron had a hat trick when the Bruins and Rangers met last month. He's one of more than a handful of Boston players currently dealing with injury, though his usual linemates David Pastrnak (league-leading 23 goals, 16 assists) and Brad Marchand (18 goals, 25 assists) have exhibited no signs of slowing despite the hardship.

Returning from injury for the Rangers on Wednesday was center Mika Zibanejad, who scored in his first game back after missing 13 games with an upper-body injury. Lundqvist had 41 saves as New York edged the Carolina Hurricanes 3-2.

"Our whole lineup looks different when you have him in it," Rangers coach David Quinn said of Zibanejad. "He gives us swagger, but he also gives us a lot of depth. It's amazing what one center can do to your whole lineup. The lineup looks a lot longer and a lot deeper."

The Bruins have won three of their past five games against the Rangers and will visit them again in February. Boston remains the only team in the league still undefeated in regulation at home (9-0-4).

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Even without key players, the Boston Bruins have shown of late how dangerous their offense can be. The New York Rangers are well aware, having found out in their most recent meeting.

But the Rangers are in a much better place now as they travel to Boston to face the Bruins on Friday afternoon. New York has won three straight and four of its past five compared to the 1-5-1 stretch it was on capped by the loss to Boston in their first meeting Oct. 27.

In that contest, the Rangers held a 1-0 lead after one period before the Bruins scored four times in the second and three in the third in a 7-4 loss that left New York scratching its head afterward as to what went wrong.

"It's hard to figure out right now," said Henrik Lundqvist, who was pulled after two periods in net that night. "We had a 1-0 lead after the first. ... We came out in the second, and we weren't even close."

Boston has that kind of ability, evidenced Tuesday in an 8-1 road rout of the rival Montreal Canadiens. The Bruins have scored at least five goals three times during a five-game winning streak, though it took two in the third period to put away a 2-1 victory over the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday.

"We weren't clean with the puck early on," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said after the win. "... It took us awhile to sort of get to our game, where we could get through there and establish a little something. But eventually we got there, and it took everybody. We found a way to win."

Everybody hasn't included Patrice Bergeron the past two games. The top-line center sat out the team's short road trip with a recurrence of a lower-body injury, and his status for Friday has yet to be determined.
Bergeron had a hat trick when the Bruins and Rangers met last month. He's one of more than a handful of Boston players currently dealing with injury, though his usual linemates David Pastrnak (league-leading 23 goals, 16 assists) and Brad Marchand (18 goals, 25 assists) have exhibited no signs of slowing despite the hardship.

Returning from injury for the Rangers on Wednesday was center Mika Zibanejad, who scored in his first game back after missing 13 games with an upper-body injury. Lundqvist had 41 saves as New York edged the Carolina Hurricanes 3-2.

"Our whole lineup looks different when you have him in it," Rangers coach David Quinn said of Zibanejad. "He gives us swagger, but he also gives us a lot of depth. It's amazing what one center can do to your whole lineup. The lineup looks a lot longer and a lot deeper."

The Bruins have won three of their past five games against the Rangers and will visit them again in February. Boston remains the only team in the league still undefeated in regulation at home (9-0-4).

Happy Thanksgiving Fenway. I am Thankful to you for your outstanding work effort. You make this forum enjoyable for me and others I am sure. IMO this forum is the best of all NHL team's. Thank you

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
For Bruins, the traditional Black Friday game is part...

When NBC started broadcasting the Black Friday matinee game to a national audience earlier this decade, the network decided to rotate it among other cities. That did not go over too well in Boston, because many felt the Bruins’ tradition merits the afternoon game every year.
That has led the Bruins to playing evening games on Black Friday three times (2014, 2016 and 2018). In some of those years, the Celtics have scheduled a matinee to make for a vibrant post-holiday Garden doubleheader.

“It’s one of the brilliant things that Boston’s able to do, because they have two elite franchises in the two sports,” Flood said of the Bruins-Celtics doubleheader.

But this year the Bruins return to their familiar afternoon home, where the game was traditionally held for more than two decades.

From a production standpoint, NBC brings its top talent and crew to Boston for the game. The legendary Mike “Doc” Emrick will lead the play-by-play, while Eddie Olczyk and Brian Boucher will add analysis.

Studio hosts Kathryn Tappen, Keith Jones and Mike Milbury will also be on site, plus all the engineers, camera crew and everyone who works behind the scenes will spend a couple of days in Boston to make sure the production is as close to perfect as possible.

“If I have to miss Thanksgiving dinner with the family, there’s nowhere else I’d rather be than Boston — where I lived for 11 years, and calling an Original Six game — with the hockey fans who embraced me as one of theirs when I was a young sports broadcaster,” said Tappen, who will also host a few cancer survivors at the game.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Ladyfan, I hope you go and feel better, we need you there! I took the day off, month end for me, I have never done that...lol I am getting older and no one takes my Bruins away from me now.

Thank you to everyone here, I love connecting with fellow fans.

GO BRUINS!!!

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Guessing Bergeron won't play since he hasn't been able to practice.

Rangers probably aren't too happy with him since he had a hat trick and knocked Zibananaman out for quite a while

Hopefully they all took nice long naps this afternoon so they'll be awake to start the game

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Working till 12......

Then rushing home to catch this one!

Go B's!

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope they keep Bergeron out until he is near 100%. And even then I would never play him both games of back to backs for the rest of the year. Give him the Kawhi Leonard treatment.

I would also schedule Chara off for 8-10 games over the course of the year.

All that matters is the playoffs.
Schedule Z to be out ??:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.. WHO will tell him of this plan ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad