BRUINS GDT GAME 26 1:08 PM - Coyotes roam the streets of Boston - NESN, NESN 4K, NHLN ( NO ESPN+ ), SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1702081844289.png

1702081901004.png

1702082263402.png

1702082487385.png
1702082458772.png

Referees Furman South (13), Ghislain Hebert (22)
Linespersons Steve Barton (59), Libor Suchanek (60)

Supervisor Rob Shick

Ntl. Anthem Todd Angilly
TODAY’S GAME-The Bruins host the Coyotes today in the first of two games between these teams this season and the Coyotes’ lone game at TD Garden this year ... The Bruins are 17-5-3 overall this season and they are 9-2-1 on home ice ... They are 8-0-1 in games vs. Western Conference teams this season.- The Bruins play today their third of 11 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) ... They have an 0-2-0 record in afternoon games so far.-The Bruins conclude their three-game home stand today vs. Arizona (1-1-0) ... They will next play road contests in New Jersey on12/13 and at NY Islanders on 12/15 before returning home to host NY Rangers on Dec. 16 and Minnesota on Dec. 19.
MILESTONES APPROACHING- Morgan Geekie is looking to play his 200th NHL games today.- Pavel Zacha is 2 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.- Kevin Shattenkirk is 2 goals short of his 100th NHL goal.- Hampus Lindholm is 3 games short of his 700th NHL game.- Matt Grzelcyk is 3 games shy of his 400th NHL game.- Pavel Zacha is 7 games shy of his 500th NHL game.- Ian Mitchell is 8 games shy of his 100th NHL game.- Brandon Carlo is 8 points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES (39 man-games lost)- Derek Forbort: LTIR

BOSTON vs ARIZONA, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Coyotes are meeting for the 86th time in their histories with a 56-21-7-1 record and a 320-238 scoring edge in those games.- The Bruins are 31-6-4-1 lifetime in 42 games in Boston with a 179-115 scoring advantage in those contests.- The Bruins have won their last nine straight games vs. Arizona in Boston and they had their 19-game win streak overall vs. Arizona snapped in the last game of the series, a 4-3 road loss on 12/9/2022

The Boston Bruins have shown a rare level of inconsistency of late and now have to hope for good news on the health front as they enter a Saturday afternoon showdown with the visiting Arizona Coyotes.

Boston is coming off a 3-1 loss to Buffalo on Thursday, putting an end to its three-game winning streak that had followed a three-game skid.

The loss also came at a price as top defenseman Charlie McAvoy exited in the third period with an upper-body injury after a collision with Buffalo's JJ Peterka.

McAvoy did not participate in Friday morning's practice and is considered day-to-day.

"We're hopeful for (Saturday)," Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said. "It's upper-body, nothing with the head."

McAvoy's injury came on the same day that Derek Forbort was placed on long-term injured reserve with a lower-body ailment that also bothered him during training camp. Mason Lohrei was recalled from Providence of the American Hockey League.

The Bruins were held to just five shots in Thursday's first period and didn't cut into a 2-0 deficit until captain Brad Marchand scored late in the second -- his fifth consecutive goal for the team over its last three games.

"Sometimes we aren't prepared to start with the intensity that we need to," Marchand said. "We seem to be going back and forth between the way we need to be successful and trying to be too cute, and think the game's going to be easy at times."

Though the Bruins sit just two points behind league-leading Vegas in the overall NHL standings, the team has had a couple of rough days. The loss followed a disappointing effort in Thursday's practice.

"I expected us to get better every period. I think we went from awful to poor," Montgomery said. "We didn't really ever get to average for our game."

Montgomery also expects goaltender Jeremy Swayman to be available after he was absent Thursday due to illness.

Arizona moved into a playoff position and above the .500 mark during a five-game win streak that was just snapped with Thursday's 4-1 home loss to Philadelphia.

Connor Ingram allowed only five goals during the streak as Arizona became the first team in NHL history to win five straight games against the last five Stanley Cup-winning franchises, but the Flyers tagged him for four goals on 26 shots.

The loss was the Coyotes' first since Nov. 22 against St. Louis.

"We are going to be playing hard games like that hopefully down the stretch," Coyotes defenseman Travis Dermott said. "We're gonna have to learn to stick in games that we're not creating much offensively and just bear down defensively and let that offensive stuff happen."

Lawson Crouse scored the Coyotes' lone goal against Philadelphia, which opened up its 2-1 lead with goals in the second and third periods.

Crouse is the team's second-leading goal scorer with 11, trailing only Michael Carcone -- who had netted five over the previous four games -- for the team lead.

"It took too long for us to adjust and play a simple game," Arizona coach Andre Tourigny said.

The game in Boston marks the start of a three-game road trip for the Coyotes. They will visit Buffalo and Pittsburgh before returning home next Friday.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Show me the head of NHL scheduling, and I'll show you a man I want to strangle.

The absurd scheduling early on was bad enough, and of course they'll have to pay for this in January February and March with a game every other night or back to back games..

My more proximate beef is that I detest matinees. Spare me until January.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Thanks, Fenway. Things are back to normal, as I am picking the Coyotes 4-2. They are very fast, pretty creative and are getting very good goaltending form Ingram. Since they have beaten us like twice in the last decade, I think they might be due for a win.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
It's going to be interesting to see how the B's approach this game . I hope they're healthy enough to compete .

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
No ESPN+ again, aaarrrggghhhh

Stop me before I go on my rant about the ridiculousness of needing 14 subscriptions and 3 cable packages just to watch one team all season

:madfire::banghead::soap:

I don't advocate breaking the rules if you want to call it that but I know this guy who knows this guy who's mother's brother's sister's former college roommate has had great success using overseas streaming services to enjoy his favorite programs seeing as he is out of market....

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I detest matinee games too (especially on Saturdays), but since My wife and I are invited out for supper tomorrow night, it'll work out
We used to go as kids, which is, of course, how they hook kids into loving the game. Which is great really. Just not an afternoon hockey kind of person. Especially on a Saturday.

Enjoy the game, hopefully, and enjoy your supper with friends.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Thanks, Fenway. Things are back to normal, as I am picking the Coyotes 4-2. They are very fast, pretty creative and are getting very good goaltending form Ingram. Since they have beaten us like twice in the last decade, I think they might be due for a win.
Thanks for picking the opposition again, cause that usually means a Bruins victory

Bruins win 4-2

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad