Post-Game Talk: Game #25: Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche , 6pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5082.jpeg

IMG_5081.jpeg

Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche
6pm PT, BSSC
IMG_4721.gif
IMG_5085.jpeg

IMG_5084.jpeg

IMG_5086.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_4600.jpeg

Ducks Projected Line up

Alex Killorn -- Leo Carlsson -- Troy Terry
Frank Vatrano -- Ryan Strome -- Jakob Silfverberg
Max Jones -- Adam Henrique -- Benoit-Oliver Groulx
Brock McGinn -- Sam Carrick -- Brett Leason

Cam Fowler -- Tristan Luneau
Pavel Mintyukov -- Ilya Lyubushkin
Jackson LaCombe -- Radko Gudas

John Gibson
Lukas Dostal

Scratched:
Ross Johnston, Urho Vaakanainen
Injured: Jamie Drysdale (lower body), Isac Lundestrom (Achilles), Trevor Zegras (lower body), Mason McTavish (upper body)

Avalanche Projected Line up

Valeri Nichushkin -- Nathan MacKinnon -- Mikko Rantanen
Jonathan Drouin -- Ryan Johansen -- Tomas Tatar
Miles Wood -- Ross Colton -- Logan O’Connor
Oskar Olausson -- Fredrik Olofsson -- Joel Kiviranta

Devon Toews -- Josh Manson
Bowen Byram -- Sam Malinski
Jack Johnson -- Caleb Jones

Alexandar Georgiev
Ivan Prosvetov

Scratched:
Samuel Girard (personal), Kurtis MacDermid,
Injured: Artturi Lehkonen (upper body), Cale Makar (lower body), Andrew Cogliano (lower body)

Exiled to the wall..

IMG_5046.gif

IMG_4603.gif

IMG_4602.jpeg

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leo gonna have to have another big night...

A lot to ask a 18 yo rookie. This is a game where Terry needs to break out, have another multi-point game. He is playing in his hometown, and usually turns it on in Colorado. This would be a good time for him to have a big game. That 2nd line is not going to be the same without Mac. May need to rely on special teams again to get it done.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I still think of Ron Tugnutt as a Duck (but not his Japanese cousin).
He and Hebert split time to begin that inaugural season before Tugnutt was jettisoned to make way for the legendary Mikhail Shtalenkov, indelicately (and unjustly) dubbed "Shtinky" by my father.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He and Hebert split time to begin that inaugural season before Tugnutt was jettisoned to make way for the legendary Mikhail Shtalenkov, indelicately (and unjustly) dubbed "Shtinky" by my father.
ESPN had a habit of misspelling Shtalenkov as "Shtanekov" and Craig Kilborn would never even bother to try and say it, just "Ducks goalie."

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t feel this game is an automatic loss , it could go either way. They had a day to adjust to the higher elevation, and had two days off as well.

If Makar is out the Ducks need to take Advantage of that. That will effect Colorado’s special teams significantly.

Maybe after the last game, I’m being a little too optimistic but if we can get Zegras, McTavish, and Drysdale all back soon, think we can make some noise. I don’t feel we deserved to lose 8 games straight. A few of those were bad, but the others were winnable or felt we played well enough to win, but bad luck…. Oh and the Ducking league. Lol.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I don’t feel this game is an automatic loss , it could go either way. They had a day to adjust to the higher elevation, and had two days off as well.

If Makar is out the Ducks need to take Advantage of that. That will effect Colorado’s special teams significantly.

Maybe after the last game, I’m being a little too optimistic but if we can get Zegras, McTavish, and Drysdale all back soon, think we can make some noise. I don’t feel we deserved to lose 8 games straight. A few of those were bad, but the others were winnable or felt we played well enough to win, but bad luck…. Oh and the Ducking league. Lol.
Also once Terry gets back to being a 60+ point guy. If Z and Terry can get going, and the rest of the team stays around the same as they have been more or less, we will be perfectly capable of competing in most games.

This will be a big test for Leo though, because in the past teams have needed to shut down the Mac line, but now the Leo line is the clear top line.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho

Drinking again, Leo? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad