GDT: Game #24: St. Louis Blues @ Minnesota Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Wednesday @ Hawks is going to be a good one. Hawks are rolling right now. Playing well

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Who wants to put money on the NHL not doing anything to Scandella?

Honestly, I think the Owners / GM's need to do something about players taking dirty shots. If I was Armstrong and thought Minnesota was taking shots at my skilled players, then I would wait until the last game of the year against them and bring up/sign a player just to take a vicious run at Parise or Suter. Then pull aside someone in their organization and tell them that if don't knock that **** off, it will happen again. First Rupp and now Scandella.

Nobody can convince me that players can "police" these dirty hits themselves, and the league discipline committee is a joke. The owners need to push for stricter punishment and fines or settle the issue between themselves by benching players who play dirty.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I think if a player makes an obvious cheap head shot on someone they should sit out 20 games, if they do it again it's 50 games, if they do it again they sit out for a whole season and playoffs. I bet if the NHL would just do something along these lines you'd see ALOT less hits to the head.
But no, lets just sit a player out for a game or two and give a measly little fine, that will make a player think twice before making a dirty hit to the head.:shakehead

Man Allen looked excellent tonight, stole us two points fo sho. Hope he can keep it up.:yo: Also I hope Oshie is okay after tonight.

thigpen

Jun 6, 2011
SF Bay Area
Last night's loss was due to poor team defence, and not winning puck battles. Tonight's win was due to Allen's playing great, and some lucky bounces, and Tarasenko doing what comes natural.

Who was it that predicted he'd be "lucky" to score 30 goals this season?

No question that THIS is his breakout year. Probably true for Schwartz and Lehterä as well. The latter is actually playing a better all-around game than he did last season in The KHL.

Great games by Gunnarsson and Cole. They really stepped up, knowing that both Bouwmeester and Shattenkirk were out. Actually, both of them and Butler, as well, have played very well the past 3 games. Butler is coming on. My impression of him in his first few games was premature. Looks like he'll be a decent 2-way defenceman after getting more and more experience.

Something I've noticed Butler doing that the rest of our defenseman rarely ever do is stand up forwards at the blue line. It irritates the crap out of me to see our defense continually back into their own zone instead of stopping the rush straightaway before zone entry. I get that you have to pick your spots or risk getting blown by, but I really wish the Blues would stand up opposing players more often, including during the PK.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Parise on Blues running around: that's their game. That's what they try to do. They try to bully you around the ice.
ad9c6eec6c23c39f1890fc5f0c9e2ccd.jpeg

Backes to the wall

Oct 20, 2014
West Coast Canada
Parise on Blues running around: that's their game. That's what they try to do. They try to bully you around the ice.
ad9c6eec6c23c39f1890fc5f0c9e2ccd.jpeg

When a team is near the bottom of the league in hits, it's hardly bullying anyone around, we are currently 23rd.
I guess when you are last in the league like the Wild, you would believe the organist is trying to bully you around.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Lots of crying going on over on the Min boards lol. One of them even complained about Ott who obviously didn't even play last night. I would be pissed if one of our guys let alone one of our leaders was complaining about the opponents being bullies. I wonder what got the Blues all riled up?

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Anyone shed some light on why Minny is so upset that oshie was pushed from behind into backstrom and nearly got another post related concussion? Did their feed not show the obvious push?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Let them whine. Couldn't care less. 2 games now they have head hunted Oshie. Both times the checker had ample time to avoid the head shot. May they miss the playoffs and an impact draftee.

Also did anyone else notice during the interviews they didn't question Backes about his goal or effort from Berglund/Oshie. I mean that was the tying goal and they were interested in was Tarasenko.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Paajarvi reminds me of Berlund a bit. A big guy that isn't overly physical, who is good defensively and on the cycle, but has a heck of a time actually putting the puck in the net. All things considered, I've been happy with the way Paajarvi has played when he's been in.
They aren't really similar.

Good to see the Wild still can't beat us and their players and fans continuing to whine about the Blues playing physical. Love how we are goons whenever we throw a hit, and we apparently run their goalie all the time. :laugh: So funny how blind some people are to reality.

Stay soft, Minnesota. Keep embellishing like Ryan ****ing Carter did and you guys will surely stay that way. Easy 2 points for us too.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
They aren't really similar.

Good to see the Wild still can't beat us and their players and fans continuing to whine about the Blues playing physical. Love how we are goons whenever we throw a hit, and we apparently run their goalie all the time. :laugh: So funny how blind some people are to reality.

Stay soft, Minnesota. Keep embellishing like Ryan ****ing Carter did and you guys will surely stay that way. Easy 2 points for us too.

I wasn't trying to say they are similar. All I said was that Paajarvi reminds me of Berglund in some ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad