GDT: Game 24: Sharks @ Devils 4pm NBCSCA

Eggdoh

Aug 25, 2022
I've been critical of Duclair at points this year, but he was highlight-reel awesome tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Also big fan of the chemistry between Granlund and Duclair, they seem to really start being a threat together. I think Granlund could be one of the players we should keep to help with the some prospects coming next year.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
He is so shifty, still making some rookie mistakes but he is going to be a player. Dual threat on offense and defensively responsible.
I feel like Eklund could compliment Will Smith once he comes to Sharks, balance the line with Smith being less defensive player.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Rare fun offensive game by the Sharks, that was really fun to watch. They’ve been far better since Grier talked to them, it really feels like they’ve committed to Quinn’s system and relaxed a little bit. Obviously there’s a huge skill deficit between them and most teams but this, finally, is the kind of attitude and bite you want to see from a rebuilding team.

Also, the Devils are fascinating to watch. It feels like every player is a star and has insane talent but they seem entirely disconnected from each other. I love how they’re built but I think they are severely lacking physicality and yeah.. there’s some kind of team thing missing. They’ve got some insane players though… but I’m dubious of their ability to get to the ECF, at least from what I just saw.

Devils fan here. "Thanks" for clowning us at home when our team had opportunity to leapfrog 2 or 3 teams in metro, our fans absolutely lost it in the arena by 4-2. Ruined a lot of fans nights including my own, unfortunately. Saw Zetts super happy after those leading goals scored.

To your point I bolded. This game the talent guys were super disconnected. Id venture to say this looked like a Jack Hughes game from 2 - 3 seasons ago. Not typically a NJD game from last season nor this season when players are connected. However, the defense you saw IS typical THIS season and same with the putrid goaltending.

That seems to be the big difference for our team from last year. Goaltending and defense took a step down, while offense took a step up even (and PP).

Timo just came back from injury, no practices. I figure he came back just to play you guys. He hasn't been good to start this season but found a rhythm before he got injured.

ANyway this game - it is terrible for our cause to make it back up to top division... but it may cause us to actually get a better goaltending situation soon. Maybe.

GOOD luck the rest of the way. Keep our boys well. Happy for Zetts and Ohotiuk to keep building their games. We could have used a good blackwood in this game for us of old. He can be awesome and when he is he is great goalie. Looks like he has more consistency with your team.

Last edited:

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Wow! What a game. Duke is the real deal. It's nice to see Granlund remember that he's good at hockey and playing with confidence. Eklund had a take away or two that I was impressed with. Kahk was just crazytown!

I've noticed after the last couple games that I absolutely loathe players wearing number 63. The Mike Ribeiro effect, no doubt.

• Haha

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Also, the Devils are fascinating to watch. It feels like every player is a star and has insane talent but they seem entirely disconnected from each other. I love how they’re built but I think they are severely lacking physicality and yeah.. there’s some kind of team thing missing. They’ve got some insane players though… but I’m dubious of their ability to get to the ECF, at least from what I just saw.
Contrast that with the Canucks (and the other Hughes bro), who don't have the same talent level but play much more cohesively.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Devils fan here. "Thanks" for clowning us at home when our team had opportunity to leapfrog 2 or 3 teams in metro, our fans absolutely lost it in the arena by 4-2. Ruined a lot of fans nights including my own, unfortunately. Saw Zetts super happy after those leading goals scored.

To your point I bolded. This game the talent guys were super disconnected. Id venture to say this looked like a Jack Hughes game from 2 - 3 seasons ago. Not typically a NJD game from last season nor this season when players are connected. However, the defense you saw IS typical THIS season and same with the putrid goaltending.

That seems to be the big difference for our team from last year. Goaltending and defense took a step down, while offense took a step up even (and PP).

Timo just came back from injury, no practices. I figure he came back just to play you guys. He hasn't been good to start this season but found a rhythm before he got injured.

ANyway this game - it is terrible for our cause to make it back up to top division... but it may cause us to actually get a better goaltending situation soon. Maybe.

GOOD luck the rest of the way. Keep our boys well. Happy for Zetts and Ohotiuk to keep building their games. We could have used a good blackwood in this game for us of old. He can be awesome and when he is he is great goalie. Looks like he has more consistency with your team.

I’m sure a bit of it was taking the Sharks lightly and deciding to take chances and deke through three guys instead of making a safer play — which, I mean, fair enough. You guys are also such a young team — I think you’d really benefit from a few Nico Sturm-kind of guys but it’s all growing pains. Your team is going to be really fun to watch for years to come and we’re all obviously cheering for you guys and that shiny 1st…

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Contrast that with the Canucks (and the other Hughes bro), who don't have the same talent level but play much more cohesively.

JT Miller yells at the young guys to focus, with six foot ten Tyler Myers standing menacingly behind him. That's the key to success.

Nobody on the Devils listens when elder stateman Timo Meier yells at them. :laugh:

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad