Stone - Regin - Silfverberg

Methot - Gryba
Wiercioch - Gonchar
Phillips - Benoit

Bishop
Lehner

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=STATS]

• The Senators dropped a 3-2 decision in a shootout with the Islanders on Sunday and have
now lost three straight games overall (0-1-2 record). That said, Ottawa is 5-1-2 in its last
eight games (since February 18).

• Toronto defeated New Jersey, 4-2, on Monday -- its second straight and third victory in
the last four games overall. The Leafs are 4-1-0 in their last five home games (1-4-0 in
first five home games of 2012-13).

• These two clubs have split two games this season, each winning on its home ice. In fact,
dating to the beginning of 2010-11, the Sens and Leafs have played 14 times and each has
won seven of those tilts.

• Nazem Kadri lit the lamp in the Leafs' win on Monday, giving him four markers in his
last two skates, and nine points (4g, 5a) during his current 5-game scoring streak overall.
Kadri has a goal and a helper in four career games vs. the Sens.

• Patrick Wiercioch scored the first goal of his NHL career on Sunday, giving him seven
points on the season. One of five different Ottawa skaters to net his first career NHL
marker in 2012-13, Wiercioch has an assist in each of his two career skates vs. the Leafs.

• Toronto is averaging 30.3 hits per game in 2012-13 -- second most of any team in the
league (Rangers -- 30.5).

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=INJURIES]

*Obligatory, since it is the Sens we're playing ; )

Ottawa Senators ||||
Player|Position|Status|Injury|Date
Mike Lundin|D|IR|Concussion|3/3/2013
Craig Anderson|G|IR|Sprained right ankle|2/22/2013
Erik Karlsson|D|IR|Lacerated Achilles tendon|2/14/2013
Milan Michalek|LW|IR|Lower-body injury|2/13/2013
Guillaume Latendresse|LW|IR|Whiplash|2/1/2013
Jason Spezza|C|IR|Back surgery|1/29/2013
||||
Toronto Maple Leafs ||||
Matt Frattin|RW|IR|Knee|2/13/2013
Joffrey Lupul|LW|IR|Fractured forearm|1/24/2013

[/fieldset]

9zn9v.jpg
10fpf95.jpg

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Matt Frattin will not return to the lineup against Ottawa on Wednesday night. Frattin noted after the morning skate that he is still day-to-day recovering from a left knee injury, indicating to the team that he is not 100% and thus ready to be activated off injured reserve. The 25-year-old has missed the last 10 games.br />
James Reimer is set to make his third consecutive start against the Senators. Reimer is 5-1-1 career vs. Ottawa with 1.70 goals against average and .943 save percentage. - TSN

Projected Lines vs. Ottawa

Forwards:
van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
McClement - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Komarov
McLaren - Steckel - Orr

Defence:
Phaneuf - Holzer
Gunnarsson - Kostka
Fraser - Franson

Goaltenders:
Reimer
Scrivens

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

LeafsJaysRaptors

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
LOL I was reading through the lines with a straight face until I saw the 4th line and immediately had a frown on my face.

I wouldn't mind calling up Hamilton for a week or two to take Steckel's place on the 4th line if he's a Centre. Orr and MacLaren are alright on there though.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Ottawa Senators ||||
Mike Lundin|D|IR|Concussion|3/3/2013
Craig Anderson|G|IR|Sprained right ankle|2/22/2013
Erik Karlsson|D|IR|Lacerated Achilles tendon|2/14/2013
Milan Michalek|LW|IR|Lower-body injury|2/13/2013
Guillaume Latendresse|LW|IR|Whiplash|2/1/2013
Jason Spezza|C|IR|Back surgery|1/29/2013

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
McLaren - Steckel - Orr

Hopefully the first 3 lines are rolling along well tonight, they're going to need to be with the 4th line not being able to carry more then 4 minutes without hurting the team.

I understand injuries and the problems that come with them but that 4th line just doesn't work with Steckel and he's been beyond terrible this season given his reduced role.

Leafs are going to have to find some bottom 6 center depth soon. Zigomanis is not having a great season, Colborne doesn't look appealing in between Orr and McLaren with his lack of foot speed, even as a short term callup given an injury. I just don't like our 4th line as it stands without McClement in the middle.

Last edited:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
God I'm sick and tired of hearing about the Senators injuries. I hope I don't have to hear about it this game

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
LOL I was reading through the lines with a straight face until I saw the 4th line and immediately had a frown on my face.

I dont see the problem with it- The Sens are a dirty team with guys like Neil and Smith running amuck, its a smart move for us to dress 2 enforcers tonight. If this was a game say against the islanders or pens I would agree that the 4th line is a joke, but tonight its a smart decision to roll with that trio.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
God I'm sick and tired of hearing about the Senators injuries. I hope I don't have to hear about it this game

yeap... peeps here say "if we had all guys in we would make the trip to the finals"... or after last game "just imagine what would be the score if we had all guys healthy...".... :facepalm:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I hope the fourth line isn't so bad that we can't play them again. With Boston coming tomorrow need to be able to spread out the minutes a little.

Doesn't matter how many guys are out for Ottawa, they are tied with us right now and we have got to win this game. Hope Kadri continues his outstanding play and really hope Kessel's line gets some energy.

LeafsJaysRaptors

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
I hope the fourth line isn't so bad that we can't play them again. With Boston coming tomorrow need to be able to spread out the minutes a little.

Doesn't matter how many guys are out for Ottawa, they are tied with us right now and we have got to win this game. Hope Kadri continues his outstanding play and really hope Kessel's line gets some energy.

I have a feeling the fourth line will get some ice time tomorrow for sure, Carlyle seems to prefer attacking more physical teams with the big guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia