GDT: Game 24 | Jackets @ Penguins | 12/6 7PM |

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
17-3-1 vs Pitt going back to 2017. We continue to hold their pocket.

The goalie was out of position, if he takes it across the goalie to his backhand it’s a sure goal.
Was not the time or situation to try that at all. Sometimes it makes sense depending on the play and the speed/angle the guy is taking coming in on the goalie, that clearly was not it. Down 2 goals is also not the time to do that.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Was not the time or situation to try that at all. Sometimes it makes sense depending on the play and the speed/angle the guy is taking coming in on the goalie, that clearly was not it. Down 2 goals is also not the time to do that.

I don't know what down two goals has to do with anything, unless you believe he was doing it more to make a highlight reel than actually choosing a play he believed in the moment would be his best chance to score. Of course he didn't score and the goalie didn't bite at all, so it was not the right decision, no disagreement there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I've seen the between the legs goal work in that situation but I think it's just gotten stale. Goalies know how to read it now.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Maybe he practiced that with Barkov over the summer (Barkov's known for doing that effectively, so more training needed for Patty). I'm much more willing to forgive him for offensive moves that fail than the constant turnovers near the blue line. (But I hope that some of it is just rust from being out of play for a while, he didn't lose the puck on the PP that much last year so hopefully he gets that fixed.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad