GDT: Game 24 | Jackets @ Penguins | 12/6 7PM |

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
:pens vs :cbj

PIT(13-8-4) vs CBJ (8-13-2)

Two debuts tonight - Kirill Marchenko and Tim Berni make their first NHL appearances. Marchenko is slated to be on a line with Sillinger and Chinkahov while Berni is penciled in to play opposite of Erik Gudbranson. Foudy, Meyer, and Christansen are the scratches.

Projected Lineup:
Johnny Gaudreau - Boone Jenner - Patrik Laine
Kent Johnson - Jack Roslovic - Gustav Nyquist
Kirill Marchenko - Cole Sillinger - Yegor Chinakhov
Eric Robinson - Sean Kuraly - Mathieu Olivier
Vladislav Gavrikov - Marcus Bjork
Tim Berni - Erik Gudbranson
Gavin Bayreuther - Andrew Peeke
Elvis Merzlikins
Joonas Korpisalo

Only the Devils have more points than Pittsburgh since November 9th.

The Blue Jackets haven't beaten the Penguins since November 29th, 2019, a 5-2 victory at Nationwide featuring a Gustav Nyquist hat trick.

The Jackets haven't won in Pittsburgh since November 17, 2015 (!!), a 2-1 victory with goals from Brandon Saad and Scott Hartnell.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
No wins in Pittsburgh since 2015 is quite something. But excited to see how Marchenko does, shouldn't expect too much I guess but fun to see if he can get some shots off.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
You know the pet name I give them. It still applies

Get to see them before the holidays. That’s fun. A family reunion

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
No wins in Pittsburgh since 2015 is quite something. But excited to see how Marchenko does, shouldn't expect too much I guess but fun to see if he can get some shots off.
We as Jackets fans have been waiting years to see Marchenko. I'm trying not to get myself overexcited and keep level expectations, but man do we need a player like Marchenko to breakthrough and establish himself as a NHL guy.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He’s on the third line, I don’t expect too much
On the top PP though... He puts in a goal or gets a point or 2 and then he stays up for a while IMO... Big game for him to make his mark and collect an NHL paycheque for a while/potentially for the year

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I get that we’re not a big draw and it’s a weekday…but nobody is there tonight. Which is weird for the penguins when they’re good

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Penguins play by play guy called Laine "so dynamic". Found it funny since he might be the least dynamic star player is the league

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Penguins play by play guy called Laine "so dynamic". Found it funny since he might be the least dynamic star player is the league
Not sure about the comparisons because I sort of agree, but Laine is a big body and when he makes a nifty move, it looks "dynamic". I think I was close to using that word in the last game when describing some situations. Laine is also easy to recognize on the ice usually, he's got a certain body movement in a positive sense I think (same with Johnny of course).

I missed the goal and early minutes, but in the two shifts I've seen of Laine he's already lost the puck twice - but battled it back or at least out of the opposition's hands. I wish he didn't try to dangle players so much though but at least if he can battle it back more consistently it's not the worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad