GDT: Game 24: Edmonton Oilers @ Seattle Kraken

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Oh man I enjoy beating the Oilers. I live in Canada and get sick and tired of McDavid this and McDavid that. He's already been anointed and the media has set the Stanley Cup final as Edmonton vs. Toronto so this win is sweet. Hard work leads to success. Simple as that.
I love the way this team plays. As they add more talent, they will become really really good.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
What's the vibe like for the team in Seattle?

I think the long losing streak killed any hope of this team being another Vegas that some had and probably created too big a hole for play off hopes but the last 2 weeks have been exciting with wins against arguably good teams. If we can sustain it who knows but the interest is there.

It's been fun having them given that the Seahawks and UW men's basketball and football are awful this year. The football teams being way below expectations. The sounders also crumbled form wise right before play offs. Probably the worst Seattle sports season since 2009 but not as bad as that.

General hope seems to be that the mariners will be good soon with a great farm system and some free agents, the kraken will keep improving and the Seahawks and Huskies have semi rebuilds with new or possibly new coaches.

Come the end of December, the kraken are the only show in town if they aren't already due to the Seahawks being bad. At least until the start of the sounders season or mariners opening game in the spring.

I've loved having them and Seattle has really taken too them. This place would be nuts whenever they make the play offs.

Last edited:

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Took my lady to the game tonight and it was electric. Stoked the Kraken won, and appreciated the insane talent of the EDM squad. Fans were electric, arena was loud. My son and I will be back Monday. Very difficult as I am a transplanted Penguin. We each have Tanev sweaters, one PIT one SEA, will draw lots prior to, to see who wears what.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
I think the long losing streak killed any hope of this team being another Vegas that some had and probably created too big a hole for play off hopes but the last 2 weeks have been exciting with wins against arguably good teams. If we can sustain it who knows but the interest is there.

It's been fun having them given that the Seahawks and UW men's basketball and football are awful this year. The football teams being way below expectations. The sounders also crumbled form wise right before play offs. Probably the worst Seattle sports season since 2009 but not as bad as that.

General hope seems to be that the mariners will be good soon with a great farm system and some free agents, the kraken will keep improving and the Seahawks and Huskies have semi rebuilds with new or possibly new coaches.

Come the end of December, the kraken are the only show in town if they aren't already due to the Seahawks being bad. At least until the start of the sounders season or mariners opening game in the spring.

I've loved having them and Seattle has really taken too them. This place would be nuts whenever they make the play offs.

There is still a ton of season left to play the playoffs while hard are not something impossible.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
5th or 6th game I've been to this year, and easily the best that the Kraken have played. Haven't been to a game in the last two weeks during the winning streak, but they look like a totally different team. It seems to me that they've either found a lot more confidence or been given the green light to try some offensive things. I like it. Finally witnessed my first win!

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
5th or 6th game I've been to this year, and easily the best that the Kraken have played. Haven't been to a game in the last two weeks during the winning streak, but they look like a totally different team. It seems to me that they've either found a lot more confidence or been given the green light to try some offensive things. I like it. Finally witnessed my first win!
That was my fourth, first win as well, was starting to think losing was my fault. I was impressed with how loud the arena was in the final minutes. Was that as loud as you've experienced? Holy **** McJesus is an amazing hockey player. A guy that big should be so gracefully fast with hands and touch like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad