GDT: [Game #24] Dallas Stars @ Florida Panthers – 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Like how it is possible that superstar player turns into guy that plays like 3rd liner by just one playoffs

Harley > Miro. I said it lol. Maybe it’s Suter’s fault? Idk anymore
nah only if Suter is thinking for him too. Miros decision making is the at its worst.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Like how it is possible that superstar player turns into guy that plays like 3rd liner by just one playoffs

nah only if Suter is thinking for him too. Miros decion making is the at its worst.
3rd liners typically backcheck and play defense :p

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Well, it's already been covered but I didn't see Steel high stick the guy. Should have taken both out for roughing perhaps. And, it is frustrating to have the refs miss all those high sticks, and then call a phantom one on us. Crazy.

We really didn't have it tonight. Passing wasn't crisp, and not a lot of high danger chances. It occurred to me that our offense tends to score one offs that often come out of nowhere, as opposed to constant pressure and multiple shots, and it has been that way most of the year, IMHO. It's great that they feel they can score quickly, but also a problem if they depend on it.

JRob probably has some kind of wrist or arm injury, IMHO.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Shame that this call ruined a fun 3rd period and resulted in the GWG. Still can't believe it. 99/100 times the refs are taking both guys here or hell even just Ekman-Larsson. To give the powerplay to the team in the lead especially is just crazy

Reactions: redbeardtx

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Shame that this call ruined a fun 3rd period and resulted in the GWG. Still can't believe it. 99/100 times the refs are taking both guys here or hell even just Ekman-Larsson. To give the powerplay to the team in the lead especially is just crazy

Watched the replay 4 more times and still didn't see a high stick by Steel. He did a high cross check much earlier in the tussle but both did. Then, when Steel tries skating away to end it he gets the penalty.

Generally, the Panthers were the slightly better team last night, but it was one of those cases where this penalty and a few other missed ones (that were real) actually did change the course of the game. This won't bother me as much as the non call on Dumba in the PO last year, but it certainly stands out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad