GDT: [Game #24] Dallas Stars @ Florida Panthers – 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
GDT header2023-24.png

GAME #24 – 12/06/2023 – 6:00 PM CT – BSSW
Amerant Bank Arena

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Florida Panthers
14-6-3, 31 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 14-8-2, 30 pts

stats tag.png

Stats photo 6-12.png

Lineups tag.png

lineup 2023-24 30-11.png

opponent v3 tag.png

Florida Panthers

Rodrigues - Barkov - Reinhart
Verhaeghe - Bennett - Tkachuk
Luostarinen - Lundell - Cousins
Lorentz - Stenlund - Lomberg

Forsling - Ekblad
Mikkola - Montour
Ekman-Larsson - Kulikokv

Bobrovsky

media hub tag.png

Last edited:

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB

The kid is an enigma.

People are able to find all sorts of stats that show he is good, bad, somewhere in between. People seem to disagree on the eye test too.

Personally, I think he does more harm than good. He just really needs to stop hitting the panic button so quickly but that is probably a tough thing to learn at this level.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The kid is an enigma.

People are able to find all sorts of stats that show he is good, bad, somewhere in between. People seem to disagree on the eye test too.

Personally, I think he does more harm than good. He just really needs to stop hitting the panic button so quickly but that is probably a tough thing to learn at this level.
It also seems like every time he’s scratched, a segment of the fanbase elevates how good they think he is by an additional 25%.

Reactions: Satan

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Lindkvist might have value to another team. He has the offensive tools. Just needs a big shutdown partner who will over compensates for him. He is a small guy who seems to play smaller than his size. The panic decisions seem to happen when he is about the get hit.

Just trade him and move on while he has some value. He was not worth what Nill gave up for him. It okay to admit your mistakes Nill. What is more important is learning and improving on those mistakes.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Lindkvist might have value to another team. He has the offensive tools. Just needs a big shutdown partner who will over compensates for him. He is a small guy who seems to play smaller than his size. The panic decisions seem to happen when he is about the get hit.

Just trade him and move on while he has some value. He was not worth what Nill gave up for him. It okay to admit your mistakes Nill. What is more important is learning and improving on those mistakes.
The fact that we have Suter shows he doesn't

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The kid is an enigma.

He's not as bad as his detractors see him and he's not as good as his defenders see him. The eye test becomes a problem when it comes to the fact that he panics anytime he has the puck in the defensive zone and isn't assertive enough when he has it in the offensive zone. DeBoer doesn't give him a very long leash compared to vets, but he also doesn't force him to.

He's just another mediocre defender that we overpaid for in the hopes he would take the (limited) opportunity and run with it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

I love Lundkvist, but I'm at a point now where I'd trade him and another pick/prospect for Adam Larsson in a heartbeat.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Count me in on the trade Nils while there still may be value to his name.

Nils was doing pretty good to start the year until DeBoer began getting into his head, and ever since he's been very panicky everytime the puck touches his stick.

There's potential there, but it is clear it won't be reached with this coaching staff/team.

Reactions: jballa95

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Hey guys, do you think Dallas Stars will score 1 goal tonight? I need them to score 1 goal. Thanks

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He's not as bad as his detractors see him and he's not as good as his defenders see him. The eye test becomes a problem when it comes to the fact that he panics anytime he has the puck in the defensive zone and isn't assertive enough when he has it in the offensive zone. DeBoer doesn't give him a very long leash compared to vets, but he also doesn't force him to.

He's just another mediocre defender that we overpaid for in the hopes he would take the (limited) opportunity and run with it.
I think one way to look at Lundkvist is to ask what his trade value is. He was drafted #28 overall by the Rangers. He was traded to the Stars for a 1st rounder (ended up being #29 overall) and a 4th rounder that could be come a 3rd rounder if he puts up 32 points over the final 58 games of the season (he won't).

When the Stars traded for him, he was 22 years old with very little NHL experience. He's now 23 years old, has been through two training camps/preseasons with the Stars, and has played 81 NHL games with the Stars.

What draft pick could Nill get for him now that NHL GMs have 106 NHL games spread over parts of three seasons worth of info to use to evaluate him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad