GDT: Game 24 - CBJ vs PHI - 27 Nov, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
The last time we went up against the Flyers, it went... poorly. This time we're coming in with a home winning streak. Here's hoping that the latter is the trend that continues.

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Alexandre Texier - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Cam Atkinson
Gustav Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Sonny Milano - Nick Foligno - Emil Bemstrom
Eric Robinson - Alexander Wennberg - Josh Anderson

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Ryan Murray - David Savard
Vladislav Gavrikov - Dean Kukan

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Riley Nash, Scott Harrington

Roster Report: The Blue Jackets are likely to again turn to Korpisalo in net despite Elvis Merzlikins' Wednesday morning recall after his first North American pro win last night. Any other lineup changes will be announced by Tortorella at a 10:30 meeting with the media.

flyers.nhl.com doesn't have a projected lineup, but they do have a preview article: 5 Things: Flyers at Blue Jackets

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Flyers' last game:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I really think it's time so sit Anderson for Nash. I was on the "sit Cam" bandwagon for awhile - he would still probably benefit from a game or two out of the lineup - but what is Anderson even offering at this point? If he's not injured (I think there's still something off physically), then his game is just really bad right now. He's a net negative in basically all areas.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I really think it's time so sit Anderson for Nash. I was on the "sit Cam" bandwagon for awhile - he would still probably benefit from a game or two out of the lineup - but what is Anderson even offering at this point? If he's not injured (I think there's still something off physically), then his game is just really bad right now. He's a net negative in basically all areas.
I just keep telling myself its the lingering shoulder issue... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
I'm wondering what's the point of swapping back Gs? The back to back game even in AHL seems unlikely. hmmm

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Two lousy 5v5 teams. Flyers have been hot in November;Jackets hot recently. Look for a low scoring, possible shootout. My guess- somebody wins 9-7. :laugh:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
STOP PLAYING FOLIGNO AT CENTER. Honestly stop giving him as much ice time period. Hopefully 52 and 22 get decent ice time this game... at least 1 shift in the third period would be a nice start. Coaching can make or break you. It’s frustrating to see young players with potential not get a chance. But I’m complaining on a message board that will never be read so who really cares

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
STOP PLAYING FOLIGNO AT CENTER. Honestly stop giving him as much ice time period. Hopefully 52 and 22 get decent ice time this game... at least 1 shift in the third period would be a nice start. Coaching can make or break you. It’s frustrating to see young players with potential not get a chance. But I’m complaining on a message board that will never be read so who really cares

Welcome to The Void, feel free to continue screaming into it

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Agree on increasing minutes for 52 and 22 - gee, maybe a few shifts in the 3rd?. And Nick shouldn't be getting quite as many minutes as he does. But I'd rather see him at center because:
*If at wing, a young winger likely sits;
*because we are so weak at center, he's a brings more marginal improvement there than he does at wing.

Caveat - this is assuming Torts continues his aversion to working in Texier at center, which I reluctantly understand based on Tex playing below expectations at the moment.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I'm wondering what's the point of swapping back Gs? The back to back game even in AHL seems unlikely. hmmm

Elvis got a game in Cleveland. He's coming back up to backup Korpi tonight and starts one of the next couple of games after Thanksgiving.

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Elvis got a game in Cleveland. He's coming back up to backup Korpi tonight and starts one of the next couple of games after Thanksgiving.

No sh Sherlock :thumbu: the question was whats the point not why. Its unlikely that they will start their games tonight so they only have to stop and enjoy their backup jobs in the best seats available.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
If you look at the box scores game by game, you will notice a lot of the time our low minute guys play more than the low minute guys on the team we are facing. A lot of teams give their young guys low minutes, I think Torts might actually be on the high side as far as minutes go.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
No sh Sherlock :thumbu: the question was whats the point not why. Its unlikely that they will start their games tonight so they only have to stop and enjoy their backup jobs in the best seats available.

I mean...Korpisalo got pulled, what, a month ago? Elvis kept the team in the game had the offense bothered to show up. So the team trusts Elvis more to back up Korpi should he get pulled. I didn't know this was a mystery.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

My guess is you do. I know I do. And probably the rest of the folks who post here, even those who are infrequent visitors. And we have varying opinions, just as if we were all real people and not just electronic personas. That's what makes places like this, this one included, cool and fun, is real people sharing our thoughts of topics of mutual interest.

Reactions: Monstershockey

OscarsCards

Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
I mean...Korpisalo got pulled, what, a month ago? Elvis kept the team in the game had the offense bothered to show up. So the team trusts Elvis more to back up Korpi should he get pulled. I didn't know this was a mystery.
Kept at the game? Come on, 0:4 and 1:4 isn't much of a game anymore. I understand all that, I just would have a different touch in this situation, thats all.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Kept at the game? Come on, 0:4 and 1:4 isn't much of a game anymore. I understand all that, I just would have a different touch in this situation, thats all.

Probably irrelevant for both teams, but I think the team starts Elvis Friday (I would hope) or Saturday.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Lines, per the team's twitter account:
42/18/13
14/38/28
22/71/52
50/10/77

which I'm seeing are already posted in Viqsi's summary above, so disregard.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Philly is beatable!

My real life joke of the day (cheering you up guys) is:

I showed a picture of a 4.5-5 inch long hmm "herb" to my 89yo grandmother on facebook while saying: "I had a flower in my room, it died and dried up". The mrs innocence that she is, her answer was: "I have kept some old rose buds for years, so maybe you should leave it in the vase"

Oh it is in a glass "vase" my dear grandmother.

Reactions: thebus88

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Lines, per the team's twitter account:
42/18/13
14/38/28
22/71/52
50/10/77

which I'm seeing are already posted in Viqsi's summary above, so disregard.

Wennberg in a directional freefall. Will be part of the 5th line soon. I'll buy him a beer when that happens.

Reactions: thebus88

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
When is it time to give Jones his well deserved "C"? Maybe that would improve his game?

What will Foligno's reaction be though? Is he mentally strong enough not to take it personally?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad