Post-Game Talk: Game#24: Anaheim Ducks vs Colorado Avalanche, 7pm PT, BSSC (Ducks win 4-3 in SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Man, if this is the Killorn the ducks are going to get on most nights, I'll happily take it. Dude looked night and day compared to last game

This is the Killorn I was excited about when he signed. Him and Leo are starting to find nice chemistry.

I know one of the goals was on the PP but still. If they had better luck that line could have easily potted a coupe of more goals.

Hopefully with Leo going to 3 games a week, they can build on that chemistry.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

7674A88D-8B37-4CE7-9FEB-77271A34DFA1.gif

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Killorn will be fine but 4 years is yeesh at that price lol. Hope we get a couple good ones

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Killorn will be fine but 4 years is yeesh at that price lol. Hope we get a couple good ones

I think we can get maybe 2 good years as a Top 6 player , but the final year could be another Silf situation but that’s fine.

Cap is going up the next few years.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think we can get maybe 2 good years as a Top 6 player , but the final year could be another Silf situation but that’s fine.

Cap is going up the next few years.
There’s no indication Anaheim’s owners will spend to that cap even if it goes up to $100 million.

I’m a big fan of Verbeek but The Killorn contract was risky business

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
There’s no indication Anaheim’s owners will spend to that cap even if it goes up to $100 million.

Like the Gudas contact, they were also brought in as necessary culture changers

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
A few things here:

I was so damn wrong in thinking the best for Leo this season would be to stay in the SHL. The man looks insanely good already. While he has had great games before this one takes the cake and I'm super excited what this kid is going to be.

f*** the refs, man.

Gibson forgot to turn on the godmode to begin the game but he was ON after the first period. I don't think I've ever seen him this solid in the shootouts ever.

This game had ups and downs (or downs, ups, downs and ups again) but miles better. Hope this will bring some confidence back in this group. Can't be good being around a team that keeps losing season after season. And they way they have been losing the past few seasons has been bad.

Killorn, please keep this form. I've hated watching you so far before this game :D

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
100% should have been an ejection, that’s about as textbook a slewfoot as you could ever hope for, and they should have described it as such.

No kidding and the fact that Connor was yapping about the penalty add on an unsportsmanlike penalty for good measure (lol)! Must be good to be on one of the NHL's darling teams versus the league's red-headed step child.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
damn, I messed up the quote...

anyway, in response to FrostedTips...You're right, Gibson was great the rest of the game, but those 3 shootout attempts, were pretty poor, IMO. Those guys didn't do their homework, in that you gotta deke Gibson, and your chances are excellent you score. None of them did that at all.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Verbeek's said while there's a budget now spending won't be an issue when it's time to spend. I wouldn't worry about Killorn's contract, his buyout is palatable if we need the space in his last year

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Maybe I’m off base but they didn’t spend to it consistently the last time we were good so I don’t see them being a cap team as a sure thing. Hope I’m wrong

Verbeek's said while there's a budget now spending won't be an issue when it's time to spend. I wouldn't worry about Killorn's contract, his buyout is palatable if we need the space in his last year
Fair points

I do not like the fact that we are discussing so many potential buyout candidates (Killorn, Gibson, Fowler) already at this point in a rebuild though

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I do not like the fact that we are discussing so many potential buyout candidates (Killorn, Gibson, Fowler) already at this point in a rebuild though
Killorn is the only one I could see maybe being bought out one day but Fowler and Gibsion will probably still be of use for the entirety of their contracts.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007

Maybe I’m off base but they didn’t spend to it consistently the last time we were good so I don’t see them being a cap team as a sure thing. Hope I’m wrong

Fair points

The ducks did consistently spend to the cap during the last window. Many times after 2007 they were forced to make trades/roster moves because they were capped out. They signed Kesler to a big $$ contract, bought out Perry, and took bad contracts for picks albeit not as often as I would have liked (e.g., backes and the attempt to get dandanov)

So it just odd to say there's "no indication" they'll spend to the cap when they have many times in the past.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
How many times have the Ducks used buyouts?

When they bought out Perry they saved 50% in real cash. Gibson and Fowler buyouts would be 33%. I doubt the Ducks buy out useful players to save on a couple mil in cap.

If the Ducks are put in a position where they need to do that then either their young guys are hitting HARD or Pat gave some dumb contracts out. And I doubt we see many more big UFA acquisitions in the next couple years.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad