GDT: Game 23: Red Wings at habs 7:00 pm et 12/2/23 (BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (8).png

Larkin is expected back! Let's Go Boys!

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Is Larkin gonna be back for sure?? I mean is the reason he was out was because of the baby or did that just happen while he was out??

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Nice, need a win here! Feels like I'm constantly repeating myself but... W keeps Wings in the top of the race for standings.

If anyone is keeping tabs... we're kind of looking for BOS/FLA/DAL/LV to win today to create some separation between the Red Wings and TB/NYI/TOR/WAS, even though BOS/FLA are ahead of Wings in standings.

Wings have to come away with at least a point to be in some sort of good spot in the standings if TB/TOR/NYI/WAS all win.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Okay, whatever you think.

He shut out NJ, lost to Toronto, gave up 1 in 38 shots against Minnesota, and 1 in 35 shots against Chicago. With the same D that plays when Reimer or Husso are in net.

Not exactly AHL competition there.
I am not saying he is bad , just overrated in here. This defense also underrated, I bet if Cossa plays here, he will be even better

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Lyon is so overvalued on this board, he plays against weaker teams And behind decent defense
Perhaps. He's also still being used in a backup role. At some point, Lyon will be put in a position to play against a better opponent.

11-12 Dec has us playing the Stars and Blues back to back, and 22-23 Dec has us playing the Flyers and Devils back to back. He'll get his chances to prove himself.

However, you're right that he's playing behind better defense. It's the kind of defense that should've been there from the start. We won't win 'em all, and arguably the game he lost against Toronto was without that good defense.

I'm not sold on him having taken the starter role from Husso yet, but I think he'll eventually earn that chance. We'll see what happens, eh?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Larkin deserves more privacy
That's a valid point... but I think you have to cheer for him so he knows the fanbase supports him. Emotional support is a big thing you know. I think if I was feeling down, I would want the crowd trying to cheer me up.

Any word on whether or not Ghost plays tonight?
He played the last game. I was a bit surprised. Holl is listed as "day to day", and Ghost "cleared to play". I assume Holl is out.

I am not saying he is bad , just overrated in here. This defense also underrated, I bet if Cossa plays here, he will be even better
Uuuuhm, last time I checked, Husso and Lyon both play behind the same D. It's a valid point that Lyon has played against weaker competition, but he's earned starts against better teams. Look at his Toronto game, all 3 goals happened because the D left an opponent wide open in front of the crease. Hus-soft allows a soft goal almost every game, Lyon should be getting more starts. If the Wings miss the playoffs by a few points, it's on Lalonde.

Reactions: lilidk

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
That's a valid point... but I think you have to cheer for him so he knows the fanbase supports him. Emotional support is a big thing you know. I think if I was feeling down, I would want the crowd trying to cheer me up.

He played the last game. I was a bit surprised. Holl is listed as "day to day", and Ghost "cleared to play". I assume Holl is out.

Uuuuhm, last time I checked, Husso and Lyon both play behind the same D. It's a valid point that Lyon has played against weaker competition, but he's earned starts against better teams. Look at his Toronto game, all 3 goals happened because the D left an opponent wide open in front of the crease. Hus-soft allows a soft goal almost every game, Lyon should be getting more starts. If the Wings miss the playoffs by a few points, it's on Lalonde.

Mattaa odd man out tonight.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Mattaa odd man out tonight.
OK, thanks. I was just going by the injury reports.

Maatta deserves to be scratched, his puck decisions are absolutely horrible. He could randomly shoot the puck into any open ice, and it would be safer than his passes. He needs to go back to playing a safe game instead of trying to make plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad