7 Matt Cullen
72 Patric Hornqvist
38 Derek Grant
30 Matt Murray

Jets Injuries:
5 Dmitry Kulikov
9 Andrew Copp

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
mav_and_the_bird2crop5.png

"You were in a 4G, inverted dive with a MiG-28?"
"Yes ma'am."

"Uh, lieutenant, what were you doing there?"
"Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations. You know, giving him the bird!?"

Alright, let's lock on and get these bogeys.

Let's
Go
Pens!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It sucks that right as we're starting to play well we get a back to back against Winnipeg and Colorado. These are two games where we could play well and still lose just because of how good these two teams are.

Will be good tests I suppose.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Cant wait to see our midget line of Jake-Sid-Simon out against Scheifele and Wheeler....Sully needs to put Malkin’s line out first and play Sid against Little....

our 3rd and 4th lines against the Jets depth scoring is just lol....but if I’m sure about anything it’s that ZAR will not be able to separate the puck from any Jets player, defend any Jet player or make a positive offensive contribution, and yet he will play 15 minutes tonight....”can’t wait!” (where’s Bart Scott when you need him)

Reactions: farscape1

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Cant wait to see our midget line of Jake-Sid-Simon out against Scheifele and Wheeler....Sully needs to put Malkin’s line out first and play Sid against Little....

our 3rd and 4th lines against the Jets depth scoring is just lol....but if I’m sure about anything it’s that ZAR will not be able to separate the puck from any Jets player, defend any Jet player or make a positive offensive contribution, and yet he will play 15 minutes tonight....”can’t wait!” (where’s Bart Scott when you need him)

The Jets are actually having very, very similar struggles to ours.

Depth is an issue. Myers is trash and their goaltending hasn’t been great.

Reactions: Psych0dad

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Jets are actually having very, very similar struggles to ours.

Depth is an issue. Myers is trash and their goaltending hasn’t been great.

Yes, but it’s not quite a bad...all of their L3 players have 6+ points...Brassard has 6 points only on that line and most of his points came playing LW with Sid...ZAR and Rust as you know are struggling and L4 is an offensive black hole...their biggest “issue”is that Hellebuyck regressed from his Vezina nominated year last year, which was inevitable...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Yes, but it’s not quite a bad...all of their L3 players have 6+ points...Brassard has 6 points only on that line and most of his points came playing LW with Sid...ZAR and Rust as you know are struggling and L4 is an offensive black hole...their biggest “issue”is that Hellebuyck regressed from his Vezina nominated year last year, which was inevitable...

Lowry hasn’t scored in like 12 games.

Tanev is the Winnipeg’s ZAR.

They’ve also had a better record than us. I dunno. I’ve watched a lot of Jets hockey. They’re bottom six is hurting and their top six numbers are heavily influenced by Laine exploding.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lowry hasn’t scored in like 12 games.

Tanev is the Winnipeg’s ZAR.

Brassard hasn’t scored on the L3 either...look, they have the same goals per game as the Pens but their top players don’t have nearly as many points...that tells you right there they are getting better scoring contributions from the defense and the bottom 6 players...

Edit...and, oh, like ZAR has one point and Tanev has 8, so no...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Brassard hasn’t scored on the L3 either...look, they have the same goals per game as the Pens but their top players don’t have nearly as many points...that tells you right there they are getting better scoring contributions from the defense and the bottom 6 players...

Edit...and, oh, like ZAR has one point and Tanev has 8, so no...

Go talk to a Jets fan on here about Tanev.

Also, their top two lines have produced more than ours lol.

The defense thing is 100% true.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
- I have to werk 'til 11 cutting Christmas trees.

Gerrrd dabbit!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Go talk to a Jets fan on here about Tanev.

Also, their top two lines have produced more than ours lol.

The defense thing is 100% true.

The top two line differences are marginal...Geno’s line has 62 points compared to 61 for Schiefele’s and Little’s line has 60 compared to 57 for Sid and I’m counting Horny as being on that line...he missed two games so it’s likely they would have an additional point or two had he been playing..

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I just want us to put up a good effort, and fight for at least a point.

This game has the potential be very ugly for us though.

But maybe this is a game they get up for.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I will be beyond upset in this game if Grant is ready to play and Sprong is scratched instead of Wilson (or Sheahan)...I don’t think I’ll be able to say anything nice about Sully again...

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad