GDT: Game #23| Mar. 2, 2013|Senators at Flyers |12:00 p.m. ET ‎

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Briere was brutally bad today. I really dont know what else to say. If Lavy puts him back out on the PP next game I am not going to be happy.
Yeah, and he was again being lazy defensively. I think it was in the first period during that 4-on-4 where the Senators basically went from a 2-on-2 to a 2-on-1, because Briere just stopped skating midway back and turned on cruise control. Luckily, nothing materialized, but of all defensive mishaps in general this one was what really pissed me off.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I cant believe this is the same team that was killing penalties the first half dozen games. The Pkers have been awesome lately.
Briere was brutally bad today. I really dont know what else to say. If Lavy puts him back out on the PP next game I am not going to be happy.
Bryz was really good today the goal aside.
big test coming up next week.

His defensive play was brutal but on the other hand he generated some scoring chances and ended up with a secondary assist. That's Briere.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
It's difficult to discern if the skate is touching ice, though. But how is this photo convincing that the principal contact is shoulder-to-shoulder? Z's shoulder is lined up with Lundin's head.

I guess I shouldn't have said principal, I meant to say "initial". Harry Z definitely contacts his head at some point, but I think that photo proves it's after he drives up through Lundin's shoulder, which would make that a legal hit.

If the league actually bothers to look at still images like this, I don't think it's suspendable. Harry Z stopped skating and coasted into the hit (so it's not like he came charging from 100 ft away for this one), he still has a skate on the ice, so he didn't leave his feet prior to contact, the player he hit had played the puck well within 1 second prior to impact, he didn't target the head, the initial contact is shoulder to shoulder, it looks like a clean hit.

That said, I'm still assuming he'll get 2-3 games.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
1. Definitely shoulder squarely to head
2. Skates on ice

Thanks for the pic. This is what I saw when I commented on MSE's video post around the 45-54 second mark. If you take it frame by frame you have contact with one skate on the ice (granted he is about to push up) and the head to body contact starts between the number 7 and the nameplate on his back.

I still think he'll get suspended for it, however.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
He made some excellent saves that could of easily been goals causing the Flyers to lose. So, I can see where he saved us...

Yeah, and it was only the coach and all the players singing his praises, what would they know?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad