GDT: Game #23| Mar. 2, 2013|Senators at Flyers |12:00 p.m. ET ‎

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'm a gentleman, I will pour you a glass but stealing a man's bottle... that is not a prudent decision. :)

That line just goes too well with your avatar.

Nice to see a major bounce-back game from Bryzgalov, notwithstanding the bad goal he gave up. I missed periods 2-3 and will look forward to the highlights, especially seeing Alfredsson lose his marbles.

Good, too, to be at the .500 mark (ignoring SOL). After the season looked so very bleak, this squad looks to be pulling themselves together. And the young guys are leading the way!

No, must ... fight ... optimism. Only leads to tears!

potsiev2

Jul 4, 2011
Delaware
well if you don't think rinaldo has used his speed/hitting and toughness to help the flyers i have a few questions for you... a goon to me doesn't help his team

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
Bryz played great!

Harry Z suspended 2 gms.

Simmonds and Voracek...Oh Yeah!!!

L Schenn is a Beast physically!

Gags had a couple nice shots and I'm stoked he's back!

Rinaldo is great at drawing penalties!

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
if the NHL is fair Z will get a clean hit phone call and alfie will get a 2 game suspension

Sorry if this was discussed to death at the time in the GDT, but Z should/will get at least 2 games, probably 3 for a blatant leaping hit with first contact to the chin so soon after a controversial hit. I know, the hit in the game against the Capitals was clean, and was deemed so afterwards, but Z should have tried to keep his nose clean.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Gagne is still a smooth skater and handles the puck well. he gonna be fine as long as he has his legs.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Missed the game. How was bryz? Did he bounce back? Was he challenged? How was Gagne?

Glad to see Jake is keeping that point steak alive. Shots of rye are on me. I'll be happy to put them on MSE's tab for you

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Outside of the one goal he should of had, Bryz was amazing. Our best player that game. Gagne was very good. No mistakes really. Smooth skating and two really good chances. It was more of a goalie duel in this game. Briere killed a full 2 minute 5 on 3 and basically led to the goal on Bryz because of his horrible pass.

potsiev2

Jul 4, 2011
Delaware
Sorry if this was discussed to death at the time in the GDT, but Z should/will get at least 2 games, probably 3 for a blatant leaping hit with first contact to the chin so soon after a controversial hit. I know, the hit in the game against the Capitals was clean, and was deemed so afterwards, but Z should have tried to keep his nose clean.

people don't understand the laws of physics... he didn't leave his skates to hit him.. his skates were grounded as he made initial contact... lindros would've appreciated that hit

RJ8812*

Missed the game. How was bryz? Did he bounce back? Was he challenged? How was Gagne?

Glad to see Jake is keeping that point steak alive. Shots of rye are on me. I'll be happy to put them on MSE's tab for you

it ended last game

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

Missed the first period and just watched the hit on youtube. Great, devastating hit. He jumped a bit at the end, but hit him in the chest, not the head. They should put that in a tape and use it to teach kids how to body a moron who carries it with his head down.

Borderline charging call maybe, but definitely not a major and certainly should not be a suspension. If he does get a couple games, then Lundin should get 5 games for being so friggin' stupid.

I loved Potvin's comments: he's missed 5 games and just came back, and "you don't go skiing down the black double diamond your very first run."

Whatever happens, I like the message it sends, and it's being sent by our big D as well as the ZZ Top destruction crew: Carry the puck in our zone at your own risk. Try to get fancy, leave on a stretcher. Frig the Sens. Go Flyers Go!

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

Stay away from the Fanatic. The host is ready to jump off a ledge describing Bryzgalov's play today mainly because of the terrible goal scored by Ottawa. :shakehead

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly

Bryz was good and was tested. Would've said he was really good if not for the softee from the point and struggling with a few rebounds. His glove hand was not great today. But yes he kept the game scoreless when we came out flat as usual, he played well.

Gags looked good again even threw a nice hit, a shame Talbot is on his line. Max had a couple chances by didnt finish.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
people don't understand the laws of physics... he didn't leave his skates to hit him.. his skates were grounded as he made initial contact... lindros would've appreciated that hit

Z's skates look to be off the ice from my POV after slowing down the YT video. 1:29 of this:

It's tough to tell, but when I saw it live, I thought for sure he jumped into him, particularly the way the head snapped back.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Not debating he may have left his feet, but is "flying leap into his head" a little too dramatic? That's how it's been described.

RJ8812*

Not debating he may have left his feet, but is "flying leap into his head" a little too dramatic? That's how it's been described.

they're Sens fans, what do you expect?

apparently is OK to cross-check a player in the face

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Rinaldo on getting Alfredsson thrown out: "I think it was pretty cool that Alfredsson came after me. I always watched him growing up."

Rinaldo on Harry Z hit "From my eyes I thought it was beautiful. I thought it was a great hit, but I only saw it for a split second."

Alfredsson on Rinaldo “Well, it’s a bad play by him. Phillips is in a vulnerable position right by the boards and he hits him from the side.
Source: Randy Miller
-----------------------------------------

Alfredsson-Rinaldo play (two separate feeds):

------------------------------------------

Lundin has a concussion.

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Slowing creeping up in the standings. Team is playing more consistency. A couple more losses from the Pens(playing like poo right now) and they actually have a chance at the the top of the division. Devils also.

RJ8812*

Rinaldo on getting Alfredsson thrown out: "I think it was pretty cool that Alfredsson came after me. I always watched him growing up."

Rinaldo on Harry Z hit "From my eyes I thought it was beautiful. I thought it was a great hit, but I only saw it for a split second."

Alfredsson on Rinaldo “Well, it’s a bad play by him. Phillips is in a vulnerable position right by the boards and he hits him from the side.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
watching that game on

sne was painful. sitting in my lovely location, i can turn on any game and watch and listen to home team announcers. la,sanjose,anaheim,nashville,columbus,tampa,boston,carolina,every team except us. then i turn on all the flyers games and listen to the opponents announcers, flyers go on the road and i listen to the home team announcers. i guess what i could do is watch it on whatever channel, turn off audio and find the sirius flyers home-road announcers and get the audio their. cuz these sne announcers were bad. if gonchar would not have slipped out of the corner, he would have been hit from behind. like who announces like that. these guys belong on the home shopping network.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad