GDT: Game 23: Chicago Blackhawks @ Los Angeles Kings | Saturday, Nov 28 2015 - 7:30PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Tv291Xh.jpg

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS @ LOS ANGELES KINGS
Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 7:30PM PT
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA
TV: FS-W | Radio: AM 790 KABC

l0y8tjA.jpg
|
nAeYazv.jpg
CHICAGO|
LOS ANGELES
(13-8-2 28pts)|
(13-8-1 27pts)
|
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane |
Pearson - Kopitar - Gaborik
Shaw - Toews - Garbutt |
Lucic - Carter - Toffoli
Dano - Kruger - Hossa |
Andreoff - Shore - Brown
Mashinter - Kero - Desjardins |
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan
|
Keith - Hjalmarsson |
McNabb - Doughty
van Riemsdyk - Seabrook |
Muzzin - Martinez
Daley - Rozsival |
Ehrhoff - McBain
|
Darling / Crawford |
Quick / Enroth​

NEWS | NOTES
Kings start a 4 game homestand before spending 10 of the next 11 on the road.
11/28 CHI at LAK
12/1 VAN at LAK
12/5 PIT at LAK
12/6 TBL at LAK

MATCHUP
11/2 LAK 2 at CHI 4
11/28 CHI at LAK
3/14 LAK at CHI

|GP|Record|Pts|ROW|Home|Away|Last 10|Streak
Los Angeles|22|13-8-1|27|12|7-5-0|6-3-1|5-4-1|OTL 1
Chicago|23|13-8-2|28|13|8-2-1|5-6-1|6-3-1|Won 2

|G/GP|GA/GP|PP%|PK%|Shots/GP|SA/GP|FOW%
Los Angeles|2.45|2.14|19.4|84.9|32.0|28.7|48.2%
Chicago|2.82|2.59|20.3|79.0|30.5|28.9|51.1%

STANDINGS
# | [pre] Pacific [/pre] | GP |
[pre] W-L-OT [/pre]|PTS|ROW
1|[pre] Los Angeles[/pre]|
22|
13-8-1|
27|
2|[pre] San Jose[/pre]|
22|
13-9-0|
26|
3|[pre] Arizona[/pre]|
22|
12-9-1|
25|
4|[pre] Vancouver[/pre]|
24|
9-8-7|
25|
5|[pre] Anaheim[/pre]|
24|
8-11-5|
21|
6|[pre] Calgary[/pre]|
23|
8-13-2|
18|
7|[pre] Edmonton[/pre]|
23|
7-14-2|
16|
7​

SEASON SCHEDULE | RESULTS
P0f0Pco.jpg

Disclaimer: “GDT may not be 100% accurate. I got the line combos from your mom. I used to have Center Ice, Gamecenter Live, and an undercover concession worker in each arena, but this **** costs money. I will admit that my pet otter is using all up that money on his worsening opium problem. I try to not be an enabler, but I haven't had a sea urchin problem in months. Then I thought, why should I pay all this money and have a sea urchin problem to appease fans of random teams that I don't even care about anyway? Unless you are willing to take a bunch of sea urchins off of my hands, don't ***** if I get the lines wrong.” - BF

Last edited:

Drumstick Handler

Jun 4, 2015
Last full game I saw against the Hawks was the WCF game 7... And will stay so until the next time at least.

May the gif streak continue:

o6tSePi.gif

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It's an easy concept, but difficult to do. The only way to beat the Hawks is for your top players to outscore their top players. Last time they played the Hawks, with no Keith or Hossa:

Kane, Toews, Seabrook - 2 goals, 3 assists, 5 points

Muzzin, Doughty, Kopitar, Gaborik, Lucic, Brown, Pearson, Toffoli, Carter - 1 goal, 2 assist, 3 points

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Since the first game after the lockout:

7-15 against Chicago
60 GF, 2.73 per game
73 GA, 3.32

2-8 in the regular season
21 GF, 2.10
36 GA, 3.60

1-3 at home in the regular season
10 GF, 2.50
17 GA, 4.25

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Expecting Kane/Panarin to light us up once again, they always ****ing do. For once I want to see Brown knock someone on their ass tonight, if he's not scoring he needs to get back to that part of his game. Play to your strengths...

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
I'm up in Shark country for the Holiday weekend. Does anyone know where or if I can see the game up here? Or am I stuck streaming the game? Hehe ..... he said streaming.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
this will be a good measuring stick to see how we really are this year. Hoping our top 6 out scores theirs and our bottom six is very physical and stays out of the box Go kings go

that's what scares me.

I'm sooooo tired of getting up for games vs chi and det, and seeing the Kings get dominated and/or lose on freak plays.

chi 3-2 (with the Kings scoring late to pull within 1, but that's as close as they will get).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
6-2 Hawks, Quick gets lit up like a Christmas tree for the holidays because Hawks, Kane double-hatty, Kings goals by Ehrhoff but he's a -4.

Not excited at all for this one and actually going to go to the Reign game anyway. Hawks make our team look like absolute trash so I'll just skip the post-game analysis and not read anything into tonight's result. Have fun!

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
At home Sutter will get better match-up. Still, I expect some fire drill hockey in parts of the game.

Patrick Kane is the best player in the NHL, and is going to torch the Kings at some point.

Kings better score at least Three goals tonight, cause the Hawks are at a minimum, going to put two passed Quick.

Ron*

I'm up in Shark country for the Holiday weekend. Does anyone know where or if I can see the game up here? Or am I stuck streaming the game? Hehe ..... he said streaming.

NHL.com is showing that WGN in Chicago is telecasting the game. WGN, as you know, is transmitted to cable systems throughout the country. So if you can find a TV with cable, you most likely will be able to watch the game.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It was comical seeing how badly the Hawks would dominate the Kings when they'd ice the fourth line and they were out against Chicago's top two lines during the 2014 playoffs. Sutter even called them out saying that if you can't be on the ice against any opponent then you don't belong in this league. We found that out with Mike Richards, now let's see how much patience he has with the current plugs who seem to have all come from the same factory.

Now I don't mean to pin down wins and losses to one line, but that line specifically has been such a hindrance with the amount of goals they've given up and how many times they have taken penalties that directly resulted into goals for the opponents. It almost amazes me at times by how unreliable those guys are for a 40-50 second shift when they're not matched up against other cement heads.

With that said, the Kings also need their top players to perform. Last season the Kings got absolutely thrashed and barely earned any points against opponents like the Hawks or Ducks mostly because the top guys just failed to produce against them. The Hawks and Ducks top lines absolutely dominated the Kings' top lines.

If this team wishes to hold their top spot in the Pacific, they need more out of Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, etc. We can't expect Carter and Toffoli and Lucic to produce a point every single game, and this team needs all the scoring support it can get. They won in 2012 and 2014 because they had four lines clicking. That's what got the team playing into June, and that's why they couldn't get past Chicago in 2013 and have struggled against them during regular season matchups.

If you're in SF, Giordano bros in the mission shows hockey games. You shouldn't have a problem getting it on tv there.

Ron, I don't think wgn shows the games outside the Chicago market. I could be wrong though.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
If you're in SF, Giordano bros in the mission shows hockey games. You shouldn't have a problem getting it on tv there.

Ron, I don't think wgn shows the games outside the Chicago market. I could be wrong though.

Also, in SF in the mission is a hockey bar called Kilowatt.

Ron*

I caught the Sharks Blackhawks game the other day on WGN on DirecTV.

Surprised too because I got all the sports channels on DirecTV and they basically put the hockey games on their HD counterparts...which I don't get. Even with the premium package on DirecTV. (What a ripoff. NHL Center Ice must be in collusion with these ****ers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad