GDT: Game 23 7:30 PM - Bruins seek to ground Lightning - NBCSN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
If Rask is on his knees before every shot against this team he is going to have a short night.

Yup, this team can really pick their spots.

I would have went with Khudobin but I have a feeling Rask has a good game tonight and then we'll hear the same tired sarcastic responses like "I thought Rask couldn't make the big save".

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Tukka Time tonight...

No matter if he allows 4 or 5 goals it will not be Tukka's fault. You can blame the following for tonights loss

-Blame Cassidy for not giving Rask enough time to prepare
-Blame Dobby for playing so well thus giving Rask a ton of rest
-Blame the blue line for not playing well
-Blame the injuries for not having a full team out there
-Blame Krecji for getting hurt again
-Blame the Lightning for having a top team
-Blame the vendors for charging 10 dollars for a Molson
-Blame Stamkos for being the best player on the ice
-Blame the Goalie Coach for not prepping Rask properly
-Blame the advance scouting department for not having enough tape on the Lightning backup.
-Blame Bergy/Pasta for not putting up points while waiting for Marchand
-Blame Marchand for being hurt

Just don't blame Tukka Rask for the probable loss tonight because its not his fault. Its never his fault. Ever
Are you new around here? Tuukka Rask gets shit on because there was a fender bender 3 hours before game time in the parking lot.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Yup, this team can really pick their spots.

I would have went with Khudobin but I have a feeling Rask has a good game tonight and then we'll hear the same tired sarcastic responses like "I thought Rask couldn't make the big save".

So you're going to be upset if our goalie plays well

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Are you new around here? Tuukka Rask gets **** on because there was a fender bender 3 hours before game time in the parking lot.

Are you kidding me? Some people here will defend Tukka to the end of the earth. Citing his playoff record which is good. Or citing his trophy that he won once. Sure he can get shit on but the fact remains that there is a solid contingent of posters who subscribe to it’s never Tukkas Fault. I’m just rolling out the brand new Tukka Rask Terrible Wheel of excuses. Just pick one and go with it if he loses.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Lol, I see one of two possibilities...

"Well, he played okay, can't really blame him for any of those goals..."

OR

He finally steps up, plays like Tuukka Rask, Cassidy looks like a genius and the "not his fault" crowd says they knew it all along! :)

Seriously though, I really hope he plays well. This is a great opportunity and the stage is set for something dramatic; B's are decided underdogs, Rask's abilities are being questioned publicly, best team in the conference coming into town... it really is the perfect time for Rask to step up and remind everyone how good he can be (when he gives a ****). Sorry! Can't help myself. ;-)

I agree. Look I want Rask to play well. I want him to win. Vezina winning goalies do not give up 3-4 goals a night on a consistent basis, they don’t. Rask won it once and some look at him as elite. I don’t see it. I see a team that doesn’t want to play in front of him most likely because there is some truth of him quitting or tapping out or being disinterested. I’m just giving people ideas for excuses to use tonight.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
So you're going to be upset if our goalie plays well

Nope. But I'm guessing you're one of the people who make these comments which serve no purpose.

My point is that it's annoying when Rask has a good game and all people care about doing is ragging on the posters who point out Rask's bad games. If you don't understand what I'm saying, wait til Rask's next good game and you can see all of the people saying "I told you so".

I never really rag on Rask so this isn't a personal thing, I just think it's funny when people think Rask can do no wrong.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
So Backes is the 2nd line center tonight ? They can’t possibly want to put Marchand , Bergeron and Pasta together tonight ? The lines are thin as it is .

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Rask needs to play better. Don't feel either way about his general body of work or future. Just needs to play better and if he doesn't play better tonight than he did Sunday I think he should sit until Dobby looses a couple in a row.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
So Backes is the 2nd line center tonight ? They can’t possibly want to put Marchand , Bergeron and Pasta together tonight ? The lines are thin as it is .
I believe they're going with:
  • Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
  • Heinen- Nash - Backes
  • Vatrano - Spooner - Acciari
  • Schaller - Kuraly - Beleskey

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
There is nothing the sports world hates more than a calm athelete. They will get ripped to shreds regardless of on the field/ice play. Rask, Krejci, Manny, JD Drew, Jay Cutler.

Saying Rask needs to play better, that he struggles with his technique, fine. But suggesting someone knows what goes on in his mind, saying he doesn't give a crap, disinterested, etc. is just silly. Attack the play, not the player... unless of course he does something henious, like trying to end a player's career

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
If Bruins lose you will see a lot of finger pointing at Cassidy especially if Rask has a bad game. At the end of the day this is the correct move to try to show some confidence in what is suppose to be the unquestionable #1 goalie. Cant blame Cassidy on a loss for starting it.

Glad some posters liked my noting of Rask on his knees 24/7 even before the shot and that he seems to fall deep into his net instead of challenging the shooter but hey thats a "butterfly" style goalie

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yeah unfortunately it’s back to trying to win with one line again

In fairness to Cassidy, there are 4 out of 12 that have proven they can score in the NHL. The only other feasible option would be to put Vatrano up on line 2 with Backes centering, I suspect Backes is on the wing because he is coming off major surgery and probably not in game shape enough to handle the physical demands of playing C. So he's on the wing or on the bench. There aren't enough warm, healthy scoring bodies to create two lines that could be a threat.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Tukka Time tonight...

No matter if he allows 4 or 5 goals it will not be Tukka's fault. You can blame the following for tonights loss

-Blame Cassidy for not giving Rask enough time to prepare
-Blame Dobby for playing so well thus giving Rask a ton of rest
-Blame the blue line for not playing well
-Blame the injuries for not having a full team out there
-Blame Krecji for getting hurt again
-Blame the Lightning for having a top team
-Blame the vendors for charging 10 dollars for a Molson
-Blame Stamkos for being the best player on the ice
-Blame the Goalie Coach for not prepping Rask properly
-Blame the advance scouting department for not having enough tape on the Lightning backup.
-Blame Bergy/Pasta for not putting up points while waiting for Marchand
-Blame Marchand for being hurt

Just don't blame Tukka Rask for the probable loss tonight because its not his fault. Its never his fault. Ever

This is such ridiculous BS :shakehead

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Huge mistake, IMO.

If they lose, Cassidy opens himself up to a lot of second guessing.

If you lose with Khudobin, nobody blames you for going with the hot streak and losing. Then you can go back to Rask against Philadelphia.

Reactions: Silva

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
This is such ridiculous BS :shakehead

Is it? I took all of those from game threads this year. Except the vendor one. If they lose tonight the excuses will be rolling.

EDIT: I forgot about the ice not being right as one of the excuses! Damnit! Add it to the Wheel of Excuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad