GDT: Game 22: Seattle Kraken(7-13-1) @ Buffalo Sabres(8-10-3) - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After winning three out of their last four and ending Florida's hopes to set an NHL record for home wins to start a season, the Kraken are headed to Buffalo, where they're playing the Sabres.

The Sabres are once again in full rebuilt mode, having traded Jack Eichel to Vegas, but have looked better than expected and are competitive in most games they've been playing.

The Kraken, on the other hand, are looking for their first season series sweep in their franchis history, having beaten the Sabres 5-2 at home back on November 5th.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are they playing?
KeyBank Center, Buffalo, NY
Photo%20courtesy%20of%20Bill%20WippertThe%20KeyBank%20Center%20in%20Buffalo%2C%20N.Y.%2C%20is%20hosting%20this%20week%27s%20NCAA%20Frozen%20Four%20men%27s%20hockey%20tournament.

When does the game start?
4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET / 1:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
Root Sports NW, MSG-B, NHL Game Center, ESPN+

-------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) First Period
During those three wins the team has looked better in first periods and took the lead into the first intermission during that win in Florida.
Having a good start will help not playing catch up and maybe feeling the need to risk a little bit more, which has resulted in too many chances for opposing teams and has been a problem so far this season.

2) Keep up the defensive mindset
During those last couple of games the goalies have been better, but they also finally had enough help by the skaters who were able to keep things more to the outside and not force their goalies in tough spots.

3) Keep the balance
The Kraken have a fast forward group that can be a problem for the other team, but sometimes for themselves as well.
It's going to be important to play fast and create chances that way, but the team also needs to keep on playing intelligently enough not to overcomitt on the forecheck and help their defenders not being forced into odd man rushes.

------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Jorden Eberle: 11(G) - 5(A) ---> 16 points
Jaden Schwartz: 4(G) - 12(A) ---> 16 points
Jared McCann: 8(G) - 4(A) ---> 12 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 21:20 TOI/Game
Mark Giordano: 20:51 TOI/Game
Jamie Oleksiak: 19:13 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 6-8-1 / .890(SV%) / 3.03 GAA
Chris Driedger: 1-2-0 / .870(SV%) / 3.47 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 0-2-0 / .855(SV%) / 4.06 GAA

i

Top Scorers:
Tage Thompson: 10(G) - 5(A) ---> 15 points
Kyle Okposo: 6(G) - 7(A) ---> 13 points
Rasmus Dahlin: 3(G) - 10(A) ---> 13 points

Work Load:
Rasmus Dahlin: 23:09 TOI/Game
Colin Miller: 20:26 TOI/Game
Jacob Bryson: 20:06 TOI/Game

Netminders:

Dustin Tokarski: 4-4-3 / .910(SV%) / 2.96 GAA
Craig Anderson: 4-2-0 / .921(SV%) / 2.50 GAA
Aaron Dell: 0-4-0 / .862(SV%) / 4.56 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

Like mentioned above, this is the first time the Kraken have a chance at a season sweep in their history.
They'll try to do so with the same team that won in Florida, as both Chris Driedger and Will Borgen will stay in the lineup.
The Sabres, on the other hand, have come down to earth a bit going 3-6-1 during their last ten and are surely going to try and get a much needed win at home against us.

Just like the last two times, this one will include a home coming as Will Borgen gets another game and this time around against his former team in Buffalo.
Anyways, the Boys have a chance at making it four wins out of their last five and earn their first ever season sweep, so let's hope the team is up for it.

But of course...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ray Martyniuk

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Kraken should grind this one and play physical. Sabres are fast, more skilled than some think, but soft as butter. Erratic goaltending is a kind way of putting it. Sabres cannot play tough physical hockey. Use that.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
At this point I'm a big fan of games on the east coast. Grew accustomed to it as a Devils fan for the last 28 years. I'd typically watch the game while on my commute, listen when I was driving from the park and ride and watch the second and third at home. Now, working from home I can get off work, and just chill out and watch the game. Hurray.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Kraken should grind this one and play physical. Sabres are fast, more skilled than some think, but soft as butter. Erratic goaltending is a kind way of putting it. Sabres cannot play tough physical hockey. Use that.

I agree as long as they don't try to mess with Hagg and Hayden. The rest of their team is soft but Hayden and Hagg are tough customers and getting them fired up could backfire.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
lol that was cool hearing the interaction between Fluery and the zebra, Both of them telling them to f*** themselves

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Well 2 short handed goals. Good work.

Nice to see Tanev score that second one but any of you guys think that Tokaraski didn't even try to stop the second shot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad