GDT: Game 22: Seattle Kraken(13-5-3) @ L.A. Kings (12-9-3) - 7:30 p.m. PT / 10:30 p.m. ET

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I liked Bura's response in the post-game interview. Called it an ugly game for both teams and that we need to clean a lot of stuff. Did not appear like he thought the game was entertaining and just undisciplined hockey.

Reactions: The Marquis

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I liked Bura's response in the post-game interview. Called it an ugly game for both teams and that we need to clean a lot of stuff. Did not appear like he thought the game was entertaining and just undisciplined hockey.
Was it a defensive gem,of course not. Was it exciting,dam right! The best part with the all the goals was hopefully some players got out of their collective funks. Did I like the 9-8 score well... a good 5-4,6-5 game is what I like best. I bloody well hate 1-0,2-1,3-2 games most are just boring and listless

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Game 22 is done and the Kraken are at 14 wins and 31 points. Good enough for 5th overall in the NHL and 4th in Points%.

In 2021-22 - "Game 43 is done and the Kraken are at 14 wins and 32 points" OR "Game 22 is done and the Kraken are at 8 wins and 17 points" in both cases that was pretty much bottom 3 of the league.

Things are going alright so far this year. I'm not "sold" yet, but I think they will be at minimum competing for a playoff spot all the way to the end.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA

I liked his demeanor about it to. He didn't look happy about the win. He looked disappointed in the whole team performance. I'm sure the win was nice, but I doubt they were particularly happy about hanging Jones out to dry like that.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
What's the reason for the bad defense? Injuries?

No injuries.
Just not solid enough defensively and that needs to be fixed like now.
If we don't I think we'll see quite a few L's the next couple of weeks cause I doubt we'll be able to score 5 - 8 every night.

BTW: The defense hasn't played well in front of Jones but his last three starts haven't been great by him as well and he's now back below .900 with a .893 SV% for the season.

I think Hakstol will have to start playing him less in order for him to not fall back into old patterns during his San Jose days, where he completely fell off a cliff after playing too many games.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
What's the reason for the bad defense? Injuries?
I said it before and it really seems to be an issue dating back to the end of last season - when this team scores several goals in a short span, there is an infectious feeling that runs through the bench and everyone wants to get in on the points and stat padding. The more they score, the looser they play and the more chances they take.

It should be the opposite - when they open up a few goal lead, they should not be taking the huge risks that they do not tend to take then when the games are low scoring events. (I am not saying they should lay off the throttle, but they can't completely forego D like they tend to do in these types of games.)

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I said it before and it really seems to be an issue dating back to the end of last season - when this team scores several goals in a short span, there is an infectious feeling that runs through the bench and everyone wants to get in on the points and stat padding. The more they score, the looser they play and the more chances they take.

It should be the opposite - when they open up a few goal lead, they should not be taking the huge risks that they do not tend to take then when the games are low scoring events. (I am not saying they should lay off the throttle, but they can't completely forego D like they tend to do in these types of games.)

It's really quite amazing how much looser that game got by both teams as more goals were scored. It was THE messiest, most chaotic hockey game I have ever watched, and I had season tickets to the Winterhawks (they were good, but still, juniors).

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I'd agree. If you like goals I guess you had fun but that was some bad hockey and some bad goaltending on both sides with numerous defensive lapses.
Just glad they scored one more than Lalaland did.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I have never seen a game like that! 12 goals in the first 30 min!?! It was fun for a bit but then got ridiculous. I'd prefer to see a well played 1-0 game than that mess. Good to see them establish a new record for goals and win streak though.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I have never seen a game like that! 12 goals in the first 30 min!?! It was fun for a bit but then got ridiculous. I'd prefer to see a well played 1-0 game than that mess. Good to see them establish a new record for goals and win streak though.
Not me,even well played 1-0 games are a bore,2-1 and even 3-2 games. I prefer a wide open brand of hockey with lots of goals 4-3,5-4,6-5,7-6 and even 9-8 though that got to be a bit much but for the players trying to get themselves of a scoring funk it was the greatest. Love to see 90,80,70 and 60 goal scorers! Every team should have a 50-55 goal scorer to bring the fans out of their collective seats,you know a show stopper

Reactions: UseYourHedman

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

I'm not a fan of high scoring games... They be well a bit boring.

Reactions: UseYourHedman

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Not me,even well played 1-0 games are a bore,2-1 and even 3-2 games. I prefer a wide open brand of hockey with lots of goals 4-3,5-4,6-5,7-6 and even 9-8 though that got to be a bit much but for the players trying to get themselves of a scoring funk it was the greatest. Love to see 90,80,70 and 60 goal scorers! Every team should have a 50-55 goal scorer to bring the fans out of their collective seats,you know a show stopper
That's the Allstar game ;) I'm not saying a 1-0 is my ideal game, just that I want a well played game. I'm stoked that there are so many better goal scorers this year. I'm very curious to see how the east coast road trip goes. That trip will tell me a lot about how real this team is

Reactions: GrungeHockey

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
1-0 games are not a bore. A game not being a bore isn't about how many goals get scored it's about the whole game. How many hits, how many saves, blocked shots, maybe even fights. Intensity and effort. A great scoring chance and a big save is just as exciting as a goal. Good hockey is good hockey. This was like playing a video game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4