7:00 PM

STallSC.png

Goalies |
Zatkoff|Smith
8473553.jpg
|
8469608.jpg
[
^Budaj started tonight so unless he's going back to back we get Zatkoff.

Notes and such:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Man I thought the Blue Jackets game was next up. Haha

Oh definitely not, cause I have tickets to that game and am very nervous. The Jackets put up football scores :laugh:

They used to be a team I'd get tickets to on my plan cause I thought we'd have a chance of winning :laugh:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Oh definitely not, cause I have tickets to that game and am very nervous. The Jackets put up football scores :laugh:

They used to be a team I'd get tickets to on my plan cause I thought we'd have a chance of winning :laugh:

No kidding. I did that for the "welcome back white out" a few years ago.

Somebody keep an eye out for those who sit in seats that don't belong to them though!

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
So if the third lines get out there at the same time what's the odds on Doan putting Dustin Brown on his ass again?? :D

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm watching the Kings play San Jose and wow, what a heavy game. Sharks have such talent. They are outplaying LA. With all the monkey crap thrown at the Coyotes, it's clear to me that we did a better job limiting scoring chances than LA is doing.

Now LA is just getting embarrassed. Our one point looks even better to me watching SJ just dismantle the Kings.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'm watching the Kings play San Jose and wow, what a heavy game. Sharks have such talent. They are outplaying LA. With all the monkey crap thrown at the Coyotes, it's clear to me that we did a better job limiting scoring chances than LA is doing.

Now LA is just getting embarrassed. Our one point looks even better to me watching SJ just dismantle the Kings.

Watched the third period of that game. Sharks did quite a bit of dump and chase in the 3rd, up by 2 goals. A few were line changes (which I excluded), but they had about 5 out of 10 zone entries as a dump and chase. Considering that the Sharks had 9 total dump and chases in our game (per XX), and then went to 5 dump and chases in one period, I am wondering if there is any bias on my part for what is to be considered a dump and chase.

Also makes me wonder if our defensive set up lends itself to the opposition skating the puck in more vs dump and chase. Also, the Kings appeared to dump and chase quite a bit as well, even when down by 2 goals. I know people get frustrated with dump and chase, but it's not something that is being removed from the game entirely. I would be interested in seeing the correlation between playoff/Stanley Cup success and how often dump and chase is used. Some teams do so quite well and some don't.

Did you notice any of that Bonsai?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Also makes me wonder if our defensive set up lends itself to the opposition skating the puck in more vs dump and chase.

I'm sure that other teams have scouted our systems and have found that we are vulnerable to a possession game in our own zone. I still think that we don't display enough system flexibility to avoid being too predictable in both zones - the same way that teams know that they can aggressively hound our forwards at the perimeter of the offensive zone because we rarely penetrate into the open ice or slot, they probably also know that puck-carriers leave us flat-footed more often than not.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

Correct progress is being made.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Watched the third period of that game. Sharks did quite a bit of dump and chase in the 3rd, up by 2 goals. A few were line changes (which I excluded), but they had about 5 out of 10 zone entries as a dump and chase. Considering that the Sharks had 9 total dump and chases in our game (per XX), and then went to 5 dump and chases in one period, I am wondering if there is any bias on my part for what is to be considered a dump and chase.

Also makes me wonder if our defensive set up lends itself to the opposition skating the puck in more vs dump and chase. Also, the Kings appeared to dump and chase quite a bit as well, even when down by 2 goals. I know people get frustrated with dump and chase, but it's not something that is being removed from the game entirely. I would be interested in seeing the correlation between playoff/Stanley Cup success and how often dump and chase is used. Some teams do so quite well and some don't.

Did you notice any of that Bonsai?

I observed same as well as the Sharks dumping and chasing with some regularity early in the game.

As for our D being susceptible? We did a pretty good job several times of standing the Oilers up at the blueline, so I think it's more a case of how much respect we give the opponent. Respect is a two way street. This is why dump and chase is used to back off the opposition's defense and open up gaps.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

But LA is probably more exciting to watch, I mean, isn't that what it's all about? excitement yeah baby! Who cares about winning, make it fast, fun and hard....:sarcasm:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
But LA is probably more exciting to watch, I mean, isn't that what it's all about? excitement yeah baby! Who cares about winning, make it fast, fun and hard....:sarcasm:

:laugh: Indeed. I was near enough to Dallas back when they won the Cup and was able to get to a lot of games, as I considered them my home team via proximity. Folks always complained that that team was boring.... well I can tell you that winning is anything but boring and is actually quite fun!

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south

There is a reason that SJ was in the cup finals last year. I thought in the one game where we beat them 3-2 earlier in the season, Sharks played absolutely AWFUL.

Kings have actually gotten good goaltending out of Budaj, which I was not anticipating (2.09 GAA). I sense there will be some regression to the mean there.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It's great that this isn't an 8pm start. It sucks that I still can't watch it. Hopefully chychrun knocks brown into the stratosphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad