Post-Game Talk: Game 22: Habs def. Canucks - 3-2 (Del Zotto, Pettersson)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
b6a9ltn.jpg

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Tatar Domi Kotkaniemi

Bergevin coming back with a vengence

means Benning is next

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Cautiously optimistic we can bounce back with a strong Markstrom performance. But our special teams need to be a whole lot better as well.

Either way - hoping Pettersson bumps his slump, and that’s Shotgun Jake puts one in.

Reactions: Ori

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
4-3 Canucks goals by Eriksson Gudbranson Poo and Clamato Man

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Definitely not missing this one. Roger's is always electric when the Habs are in town.

Fun fact, Bo has -2.2 Relative corsi for whilst also starting in the d zone 58.6% of the time. That's really good right?

Even more of a fun fact! Last year Brendan Gaunce had -1.2 relative corsi while starting in the d zone... 85% of the time. But Green isnt putting him in over Schaller or Leipsic because? It must be the points right? Nope, Schaller has 3 points in 19 games and Gaunce has 3 points in 2 games. Schaller also got to ride shotgun with Bo this season.

Get my boi Gaunce in the lineup Green

Reactions: MS

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Yikes. 4th different time zone in 6 days for the Canucks and Carey Price looking like a brick wall vs CGY on Thursday. Not a good recipe.

4-2 MTL

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
If the coach has plan to win this game - we need a lot more traffic in front of the net, `cause of C. Price. But as many foretold beginning of this season - will the team even recover from this horrific road trip?

However I think few expected Nucks with some days on the top of the Division and I enjoyed that, but I admit it`s a strange season. Pittsburgh is at the bottom in eastern Metro. :laugh:

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hopefully we change the personnel on the powerplay as Gaudette and Pouliot are not cutting it. Hope EP has a multi-point game (he continued to beaver tap as Leipsic dumped the puck in, seemed a tad frustrated with the lack of talent).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Carey Price has had some up-and-down performances at the Rog over the years. Not sure if the pressure of performing in his hometown gets to him sometimes. Canucks are going to need a lot of energy to beat the Habs who are a fast-skating team this season. Hope they haven't left their best game on the plane.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Putting it on record that I won’t be able to watch the game tonight because of a family outing so if the canucks win and I’m not commenting it’s not because I’m a “spot picker”....

I feel they have a decent chance to win btw.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Its hard to gauge what kind of a team the Habs are this year...They get killed by the Oilers,and then lose to the Flames previous to this game.

My biggest concern tonight is whether the Canucks have any jump,or will there be the 'first game back from a road trip syndrome'..?

Ours is not great,but looking at that Habs D..It does not look like a bunch to world beaters.

Their Kotkaniemi and our Pettersson..should be good.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Let's go Canucks!
*clap....clap....clap, clap, clap*
Let's go Canucks!
*clap....clap....clap, clap, clap*

Reactions: pahlsson

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Its hard to gauge what kind of a team the Habs are this year...They get killed by the Oilers,and then lose to the Flames previous to this game.

My biggest concern tonight is whether the Canucks have any jump,or will there be the 'first game back from a road trip syndrome'..?

Ours is not great,but looking at that Habs D..It does not look like a bunch to world beaters.

Their Kotkaniemi and our Pettersson..should be good.

Montreal is kinda like Vancouver east this year. A rebuilding team with lots of youth that really shouldnt have a lot of business winning games given their putrid D but can pull out wins due to standout performances and buy-in. Should be an interesting matchup.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Max Domi is a bit of a prick at times but prior to Clayton Keller's arrival, he was the only entertaining part about the Arizona Coyotes. And he's out of our division. I don't care if he acts like a prick, lol

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Definitely not missing this one. Roger's is always electric when the Habs are in town.

Fun fact, Bo has -2.2 Relative corsi for whilst also starting in the d zone 58.6% of the time. That's really good right?

Even more of a fun fact! Last year Brendan Gaunce had -1.2 relative corsi while starting in the d zone... 85% of the time. But Green isnt putting him in over Schaller or Leipsic because? It must be the points right? Nope, Schaller has 3 points in 19 games and Gaunce has 3 points in 2 games. Schaller also got to ride shotgun with Bo this season.

Get my boi Gaunce in the lineup Green

There is a very likely reason why Pouliot continues to get #1 PP time and Gaunce does not play while Schaller and Leipsic continue to get prime time. I think you all, deep down, know the answer. While some continue to pile on Green, he has a boss. That boss wants his acquisitions to play. Gaunce is not one of his. Hutton on the PP instead of Poo-Poo would be the same the same thing. Biega instead of any of the other stinky D?

If he played Gaunce, it would be in place of Archibald and Green loves Archi more.

Reactions: Son of a Dawson

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Despite all the spin-doctoring from the coaching staff, the personnel deployment during the last roadtrip was poor. They could easily have swapped Biega in for Stecher, and Gaunce in for Archibald in Minny. Would it have made any difference? Maybe not. But at least you'd have two guys in the lineup with fresh legs who can play it physically. And maybe Gaunce could even have spelled off Horvat in the faceoff circle.

Instead he trots the same desperately tired lineup out there in front an AHL goaltender. Not bright imo.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Despite all the spin-doctoring from the coaching staff, the personnel deployment during the last roadtrip was poor. They could easily have swapped Biega in for Stecher, and Gaunce in for Archibald in Minny. Would it have made any difference? Maybe not. But at least you'd have two guys in the lineup with fresh legs who can play it physically. And maybe Gaunce could even have spelled off Horvat in the faceoff circle.

Instead he trots the same desperately tired lineup out there in front an AHL goaltender. Not bright imo.
Archibald only played 9.37 last game...hardly taxing...Is swapping Biega for Stecher going to stop MDZ from leaking brain fluid?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00