GDT: Game 22: Golden Knights @ Arizona Coyotes | 5:00 |

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Alright. Time to break out some solid PK.

Has the PK been declining in quality, or does it just seem that way compared to the 5 on 5 improvement over the past few weeks?

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
That was a feeble waste of an opportunity.

GwastedCERT.gif

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Knights need to come out and play better in the 2nd and 3rd.... this effort might have been good enough to beat the start of season coyotes but these coyotes are playing better.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Oh yeah. That's a good no goal call. I can't wait to see the public's reaction to this one since they seem to think we're getting all the calls.

I think the only call we've gotten so far that was actually a screwjob to the other team was the St. Louis no goal, but that was just a technicality.

It was absolutely the right call to wave it off. One of the biggest misconceptions about the rules I've noticed is how the rules define where a player "is" on the ice. Fans seem to have no problem with understanding the offside rule (a player's position as onside of offside is determined by where his skates are on the ice, and things like a skate in the air above the blue line don't count). It's literally no different for goalies. 99% of a goalie's body can be over the ice outside of the blue paint, but if he's got a smidgin of his skate blade in contact with the crease area (which includes the red line outlining the blue paint), for the purposes of the rules he is considered "in the crease." I think about 90% (if not more) NHL fans don't understand that. So, the actual contact Stepan made with Subban was above white ice, sure. However, Subban had a skate (if not at least both skates) in the crease area, so as far as the rules are concerned, Subban was in the crease. That is not a goal, no way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad