GDT: Game #22 - 11.25.14 - vs Edmonton - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
3 wins in a row is good, back in the hunt and we are obviously a better team now than we have been all year with the addition of Klinger and Demers, but barely beating Edm at home doesn't exactly inspire great confidence. We need to make a statement on Friday that says we are a playoff team.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Third is what it is, but gladly take the W.

Segs and Klinger on fire!

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Team isn't really playing much better than it was before, the pucks are just going our way now.

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
Take the win, but not that happy with it... I would have hoped something more decisive, like full blown Stars break down or blow out against the Oilers... This is just mehhh, hope it was just a bump and they do better next game...

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I honestly dont think this win was as bad as we think. Sure we got outplayed a bit in the third, but we put the pressure on as well and had a ton of weird or close chances that didnt go in. Could have been a 6-3 win :dunno:

Who cares right now, STARS WIN

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Was anyone paying attention to Demers this game? He seemed pretty quiet...which is good. I didnt really notice anything about him tonight. He just occasionally popped up on the screen, made the play, and was gone. Did anyone notice anything good or bad about his game? He really does seem like RHD Daley

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
He had one play in the 3rd where he made a nifty move to get the puck away from Hall and out of trouble. Was pretty impressive.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Was a better game. Made some glaring mistakes and the refs were awful.
That knucklepuck though.

Also made it onto the jumbotron for the 2nd Seguin goal.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Lightning fan coming in peace. I'm in Dallas for the week and went to this game in the spur of the moment with family and I had a blast. You have an awesome arena and watching Seguin live is a treat.

Also, I'm going to have the Dallas Stars song stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Thought the Oil outplayed us most of the first and the first five of the second, as well as in the big third period push.

If we can't wipe the Oil out, then we aren't playing very well.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Seguin is ridiculous. So money with the puck on his stick.

Klingberg is love. Knew he would be good but holy cow not this good, this soon. Unbelievable.

Oleksiak-Jokipakka were much better. It's against Edmonton I know but that should be a game to build on.

Way too many bottom six forwards if Ruff wants to reunite the Pittbulls. I hope Cole or Garbutt goes to Pittsburgh soon so McKenzie can find his way back to the left of Spezza and Hemsky. Cole isn't any good there.

Daley has no business being on the power play. Goligoski-Deemers should be the 2nd unit.

Ugly but a win. Just wonder how long this formula of trying to defend a lead but we basically stop trying to score can go on. It's not working.

If there's a firesale in Edmonton I really wouldn't mind a chance to nab Yakupov. His shooting ability would be a nice compliment to Spezza-Hemsky.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I'd be down for Yak. I thought he looked like a better player than all the bad I've read about him on the trade board. He could be really good on a couple of lines for us, and he's at an age where he could build and be part of the longterm core.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
http://www.tsn.ca/seguin-scores-twice-as-stars-send-oilers-to-seventh-straight-loss-1.144619

Klingberg scored from centre ice on a 74-foot, dipping slap shot that eluded goalie Viktor Fasth, and added an assist giving him three goals and eight points in eight games since being recalled from the AHL on Nov. 10.

"When you're hot, you're hot," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. "It was a knuckler. From the bench, you could see it waffling. He probably doesn't know who Phil Niekro is, but he threw one of those."

Ok I love that quote. :laugh:

MetalGodAOD*

It was also nice to see Ruff follow through with what he said in practice/morning skates about getting Oleksiak/Jerky up to 15 minutes a game and reducing the load on the top 2 pairs. Yea it was Edmonton and we didn't have a ton of PK time, but Oleksiak at 15 min and Joki at 17 was good for this team.

freddypuck

Aug 19, 2008
New York
I am really upset that that the Sharks let Demers go, he has something about him that i cannot explain, you guys are lucky....:handclap:

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
When was Klingberg THIS ****ing good lol. He pretty much won us the game in this one.

Seguin is such a clutch...u don't get this kind of player so often.

Others were good~ok IMO. But it sure looks like the team is heading the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad