GDT: Game 21 | Vegas @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Kinda looked like Tarasov wanted to do it all on the last one - attempted the poke but didn't commit fully, and then got caught out.

Still, not too disappointed with the loss. Actually a good effort by the team, one of the best of the year? And the OT wasn't too bad either, we probably were more dangerous even if Vegas got more shots off.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
I’m a big Kent Johnson fan but he was BAD tonight.
He had some nice moments. Also had some moments where he tried to do a bit too much. Overall, I thought he did well considering he was paired with TFW and Roslovic.
I noticed Roslovic never got a call.
Not just in the shootout -- he didn't play at all in overtime. They just rotated between Nyquist + Gaudreau and Chinakhov + Johnson, with Jenner taking face-offs. Defensively it was just Gavrikov and Bjork, shows how bleak stuff is back there lol.

Anyway wouldn't be shocked if Jack pouts and requests a trade after that.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I slept through the game again. How did we play? Especially Johnson, Chinakhov, Meyer, Sillinger, Roslovic, TFW and Foudy? I mean more detailed. Can Johnson finally play center?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He had some nice moments. Also had some moments where he tried to do a bit too much. Overall, I thought he did well considering he was paired with TFW and Roslovic.

Not just in the shootout -- he didn't play at all in overtime. They just rotated between Nyquist + Gaudreau and Chinakhov + Johnson, with Jenner taking face-offs. Defensively it was just Gavrikov and Bjork, shows how bleak stuff is back there lol.

Anyway wouldn't be shocked if Jack pouts and requests a trade after that.
If I take away 4 games, he always had over 15 minutes, always played the last substitutions. He started in the first lines, they even tried him between Gaudreau and Laine. I don't know about the last two games, but he can only blame himself for his ice time. Why can Johnson and Chinakhov play great and he can't? He's playing with Johnson, so he doesn't have different playing conditions.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I have to give props to Lars for giving chances to KJ and Chinakov in OT and the SO.

I want to see more of Bjork to better assess his defensive game. He shows me some game in the offensive end.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I get that the game went into a shootout after we climbed back to tie it, but this was the first game all year where I didn’t watch a single second from start to finish. (I was a little busy but did have the ability to watch and chose not to). like others have said early on in this thread, it’s so hard these days to even get motivation to watch this team play.

we are absolutely not making playoffs, at this point we’re all looking for the same thing.. to see positive growth from young guys and just make the games entertaining as we best as we know how to. at this point in the season there is a huge difference between a team getting absolutely blown out while looking so defeated and a team that shows fight despite not having the same skill level as the other team.

man oh man, this 2022-2023 team might be the most unbearable to watch for me. y’all are probably saying “weird thing to say after we battled back tonight” but i’m just saying overall. in the past 10 years or so there hasn’t been many times where I purposely chose not to watch the game. infact over the last 3 seasons before this one, i’ll say there was a total of 3 games I missed out of a possible 200+.

can’t wait for the day where this team is not only fun to watch but damn good too.. and sadly those days are further than most of us want to admit.. so far from being just ‘good’ and so beyond far from being ‘damn good’.

sigh. #lifeasadiehardjacket

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I completely agree with I3. I was going to watch but my TV package was showing the Cavs and I had no desire to watch on a stream via computer.
Result was typical Jackets in anti-tank mode. The got a point - BFD. I definitely would have preferred a loss and taking comfort in Tarasov's performance rather than adding a point which is meaningless to the upside and could hurt on the downside.

Reactions: I3LI3

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
If I take away 4 games, he always had over 15 minutes, always played the last substitutions. He started in the first lines, they even tried him between Gaudreau and Laine. I don't know about the last two games, but he can only blame himself for his ice time. Why can Johnson and Chinakhov play great and he can't? He's playing with Johnson, so he doesn't have different playing conditions.
The interesting thing to me, as maybe the biggest Jack Roslovic hater on this board, is that he's actually seemed to put in more effort lately. I don't think he finished a single one of his checks last year or before his healthy scratch this year, but he's been doing that at least.

That's not to say he's playing well, because he's not. Still gliding around aimlessly when he doesn't have the puck, still making stupid passes to no one, etc.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Against Stone, Eichel and Stephenson

Kind of vague so it is hard to interpret the meaning. However, I really hope we aren’t playing guys who are hurt in an effort to “get back in the hunt”
I would imagine there's a few guys playing sick, it's definitely going around and I would imagine once one guy in the room gets it, they probably start dropping like flies.

He struggled on the second shift in OT but I thought he made some excellent plays in regulation, creating a couple of good scoring chances his linemates failed to convert. Speaking of his linemates - now they were below par.
The stand out moment for me was in OT, in his own defensive zone and eichel got the puck and he put his hand up to his linemates saying he's got em, went out against him 1 on 1 and just simply poked it away and they cleared the zone.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The interesting thing to me, as maybe the biggest Jack Roslovic hater on this board, is that he's actually seemed to put in more effort lately. I don't think he finished a single one of his checks last year or before his healthy scratch this year, but he's been doing that at least.

That's not to say he's playing well, because he's not. Still gliding around aimlessly when he doesn't have the puck, still making stupid passes to no one, etc.
I've always maintained that he's improved his all-around game this season, but improving and playing ideally are two different things. Besides, if you compare his play to Johnson and Chinakhov, it's quite a difference. I never said he doesn't try, minimum in PK yes. But although he is excellent in PK, in play 5:5 not so good.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I completely agree with I3. I was going to watch but my TV package was showing the Cavs and I had no desire to watch on a stream via computer.
Result was typical Jackets in anti-tank mode. The got a point - BFD. I definitely would have preferred a loss and taking comfort in Tarasov's performance rather than adding a point which is meaningless to the upside and could hurt on the downside.
Oh, so that's how it's done. I was half-watching and cheering at each goal and wondering "how in the world do people watch their guys score and feel frustration and bitterness for them daring to risk winning by doing so?" But that makes a lot more sense.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
If he has whatever it was I just got over I dont blame him. Seems like everyone is getting sick now and its a rough one
I had something bad this weekend, and about every single one of my friends was or is currently pretty sick with few exceptions. Probably the flu, a lot of aching

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Struck me that there were many Vegas fans in the arena last night

why? We are time zones removed
I don’t get it

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
man oh man, this 2022-2023 team might be the most unbearable to watch for me. y’all are probably saying “weird thing to say after we battled back tonight” but i’m just saying overall. in the past 10 years or so there hasn’t been many times where I purposely chose not to watch the game. infact over the last 3 seasons before this one, i’ll say there was a total of 3 games I missed out of a possible 200+.
I feel you. This is the most games I've ever missed in a season - and we're not even half way through it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00