GDT: Game 21: Sharks vs. Canucks 7:00 NBCSCA

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Atleast a 3rd round pick
thehoff%20copy.jpeg

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Man, although with the news from Chicago we're now at risk of not finishing last and every 2 points is bad... I still love hearing the Tank go wild. For a non-full-house, pretty good shout at the end there.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Unfortunately, we're back to tallying a loss in the SNOG column.

snogwin.jpg

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3
4Oct. 19 vs BruinsnoneBruins 3-1
5Oct. 21 at PredatorsnonePredators 5-1
6Oct. 24 at Panthersweastern biasPanthers 3-1
7Oct. 26 at LightningRed Light LoverLightning 6-0
8Oct. 27 at HurricanesPattyLafontaineCanes 3-0
9Oct. 29 at CapitalsnoneCapitals 3-1
10Nov. 2 vs CanucksnoneCanucks 10-1
11Nov. 4 vs PenguinsnonePenguins 10-2
12Nov. 7 vs FlyersRed Light LoverSharks 2-1
13Nov. 9 vs OilersnoneSharks 3-2
14Nov. 10 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-0
15Nov. 12 at DucksSkeksis25Ducks 4-1
16Nov. 14 vs PanthersnonePanthers 5-3
17Nov. 16 vs BluesnoneSharks 5-1
18Nov. 20 at CanucksnoneCanucks 3-1
19Nov. 22 at KrakennoneKraken 7-1
20Nov. 24 vs CanadienshockeyCEO, timorous meCanadiens 3-2 SO
21Nov. 25 vs CanucksnoneSharks 4-3

Rank
2023-24 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.Red Light Lover, weastern bias2
T-3.hockeyCEO, NewMuzu24, PattyLafontaine, Skeksis25, TheBeard, timorous me1

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
It was nice seeing Granlund’s dekes finally work. Honestly I love having a guy who keeps trying to make moves like that and hopefully today gives him confidence to start pulling them off more regularly.

Tank or not, that was one of the most entertaining games I’ve seen the Sharks play recently.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
It was nice seeing Granlund’s dekes finally work. Honestly I love having a guy who keeps trying to make moves like that and hopefully today gives him confidence to start pulling them off more regularly.

Tank or not, that was one of the most entertaining games I’ve seen the Sharks play recently.
They need to win occasionally, so that may as well be at home in entertaining fashion to help encourage fans attending to come back for more.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
They need to win occasionally, so that may as well be at home in entertaining fashion to help encourage fans attending to come back for more.

Yeah. There’s rebuild/tank and there’s the misery we’ve had. If the product is totally unwatchable it becomes very rough to keep a franchise alive so games like this are a necessity, agreed.

Also nice to see some of our pickups finally starting to play well. If they can keep it up and pump their values for the trade deadline, that would be swell.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007

Honestly, his dekes only worked once, and it was during 4 on 4 with a little extra space. He still was forcing it out there. Nice to get one highlight on the year out of his 20 games of making 1-2 too many moves. I feel like that's what he's going for every time... "Shit, those two moves worked, if I make 1-2 more this will be a highlight goal". I'd much prefer he looks for the smart puck control or puck on net play rather than the final dekes.

But yes, that's my only quibble. very entertaining game!

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Honestly, his dekes only worked once, and it was during 4 on 4 with a little extra space. He still was forcing it out there. Nice to get one highlight on the year out of his 20 games of making 1-2 too many moves. I feel like that's what he's going for every time... "Shit, those two moves worked, if I make 1-2 more this will be a highlight goal". I'd much prefer he looks for the smart puck control or puck on net play rather than the final dekes.

But yes, that's my only quibble. very entertaining game!
I’m going to overlook your feelings and preferences and cheer Granlund for doing what he does. This move will be remembered long after this post of yours.
I’m glad you were entertained. I agree wholeheartedly.

Reactions: mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad