GDT: Game 21: Sharks vs. Canucks 7:00 NBCSCA

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Honestly, his dekes only worked once, and it was during 4 on 4 with a little extra space. He still was forcing it out there. Nice to get one highlight on the year out of his 20 games of making 1-2 too many moves. I feel like that's what he's going for every time... "Shit, those two moves worked, if I make 1-2 more this will be a highlight goal". I'd much prefer he looks for the smart puck control or puck on net play rather than the final dekes.

But yes, that's my only quibble. very entertaining game!

I hear you but I’d rather he try and maybe inspire a few others guys to try some moves than everyone constantly following the “keep it simple” mantra that’s always being preached. We’re going to lose a LOT, but if we lose, let’s lose while watching Mr. McDangles mcdangle his way to periodic highlight reel goals.

Reactions: mattihp

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I’m going to overlook your feelings and preferences and cheer Granlund for doing what he does. This move will be remembered long after this post of yours.
I’m glad you were entertained. I agree wholeheartedly.
And I'll think of you the next 8 times he tries to dangle through 4 defenders 😘

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Honestly, his dekes only worked once, and it was during 4 on 4 with a little extra space. He still was forcing it out there. Nice to get one highlight on the year out of his 20 games of making 1-2 too many moves. I feel like that's what he's going for every time... "Shit, those two moves worked, if I make 1-2 more this will be a highlight goal". I'd much prefer he looks for the smart puck control or puck on net play rather than the final dekes.

But yes, that's my only quibble. very entertaining game!
There was one time he tried late in the game where he looked like he was going for a sneaky pass after cutting through some guys and just gave it up to the defender like 2 ft away from him that made me roll my eyes.

Reactions: coooldude

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
The Granlund goal from this game showed who is the Granlund I was referring to when I was hyping him up before the start of the season. We in Finland are familiar that he can do those things, it has just been missing from his game in NHL level for the majority of his career, he is an awesome player.
Problem is that in NHL there is only the best players.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
The Granlund goal from this game showed who is the Granlund I was referring to when I was hyping him up before the start of the season. We in Finland are familiar that he can do those things, it has just been missing from his game in NHL level for the majority of his career, he is an awesome player.
Problem is that in NHL there is only the best players.
I’m glad he’s been doing more of it here. Maybe he’s rusty with his dekes and he’ll start utilizing them a little better, either way, I really appreciate him trying.

Reactions: mogambomoroo

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I’m glad he’s been doing more of it here. Maybe he’s rusty with his dekes and he’ll start utilizing them a little better, either way, I really appreciate him trying.
Same, maybe he can regain some value and get the Sharks a pick at some point (I'd think 2025 TDL rather than 2024?)...same goes for Hoffman and Duclair (+ Barabanov when he comes back)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad