Post-Game Talk: GAME 21 - NO TEAM IN NHL HISTORY HAS EVER WON FIRST 12 AT HOME - UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I agree so much. An older man told me this years back:
"If you follow your bliss, you will always have your bliss, money or not.
If you follow money, you may lose it, and you will have nothing."
Chased money my whole life high pressure welding & now inspection & this is true.The time lost I can never get back.Had it over would play the hand different 4 sure .

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Thanks, but IMO the awards are for @Gee Wally and @Fenway. They are the Bergeron's of our board.

I grew up in Massachusetts but have been living in NH since the late 80s.

I might be wrong, but I think this board has posters who all love the game (and the Bs). When someone needs support in their life people here are great. Maybe the rest of the team boards are the same, but I think this board is the best. Wally and Fenway have created this not me.
This x10000. I would have never gotten through my dad being sick and passing away 9 months later without this place. I learned that it is ok to not be ok from some great posters here. 7 years later, that phrase still sticks with me.

Bottom line is that we are a family here and when someone is in need, we are there for them.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This x10000. I would have never gotten through my dad being sick and passing away 9 months later without this place. I learned that it is ok to not be ok from some great posters here. 7 years later, that phrase still sticks with me.

Bottom line is that we are a family here and when someone is in need, we are there for them.

Truth. You guys & girls have been wonderful to me, first when my Dad was ill & dying and then earlier this year when Mom passed. Do not know what I'd do without my HF family.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I was 2 during the ‘76-‘77 season, but I still hate that team and every squad that’s ever worn that uniform.

The Bruins could surpass them in Stanley Cup titles and never lose another game to them, and I would still hate the Canadiens more than the Yankees, Lakers, and Dolphins combined.

Please don’t get the wrong idea about me. I’m really a nice guy. I just really hate the Canadiens.

A lot.

I'm really a nice girl. And I really, really, really hate the Canadiens.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
LadyFan has won a Norris Trophy, two Selke awards, and four Lady Bing awards, as well as Stanley Cups in 1970, 1972, and 2011.

She has also won two Conn Smythe awards for HFBoards/Bruins as most valuable playoff performer, and and unprecedented six consecutive Hart trophies as the HFboards/Bruins regular season most valuable player.

Widely regarded as one of the kindest and most generous ambassadors of her board and the game of hockey, Ms. Fan resides in Massachusetts. (AP)

Adennded:

Curiously, in a stellar career, Ms. Fan has never won a Boston Bruins 7th Player award.

It occurs now as to why.

LadyFan is not a seventh player. (There is nothing wrong and much good in being adjudged the 7th Player.)

She is, instead, an intergral element of the Boston Bruins fan base.

She's on the first line.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
After suffering through many heartbreaks and horrors at the hands of the hated Habs, I pray there is a hotel in Hell that will room Les Habitants and the Ghosts of Forum past for eternity.
Yikes. Eternal hellfire is a pretty severe punishment over hockey…

I’m content to see them suffer in this life :D

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Thanks, but IMO the awards are for @Gee Wally and @Fenway. They are the Bergeron's of our board.

I grew up in Massachusetts but have been living in NH since the late 80s.

I might be wrong, but I think this board has posters who all love the game (and the Bs). When someone needs support in their life people here are great. Maybe the rest of the team boards are the same, but I think this board is the best. Wally and Fenway have created this not me.

All of the moderators here deserve our respect and gratitude for what is plainly a thankless gig.

Wally, Fenway and others are integral to that.

So are you, and many, many here.

In NE, we don't say "Howdy" as they do, with a straight face, in Denver.

In NE, we don't say "Good mornin', neighbor," as they might in Raleigh.

The T or commuter rail into and out of town is largely, blessedly devoid of idle and annoying chatter. I don't need a new friend on the T.

Yet, notice, if someone falls on the platform, if someone needs help, New Englanders instantly fly to their aid.

Would one not?

There when needed. An ingrained, automatic response from a decent people.

You could not pay me -- literally -- to live anywhere else in the world.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Chased money my whole life high pressure welding & now inspection & this is true.The time lost I can never get back.Had it over would play the hand different 4 sure .

Very similar career arc for me, 25 years in the trades, 14 self employed chasing money.....

Made the decision a few years back to seriously ramp down the self employed side and take an inspecting job. Many factors went into this, some of my own health issues at the time, both parents passing relatively young in recent years after long battles with health issues....

I did well self employed but it was a grind, much like you said.....if I could do it all over again I would not have passed up some other opportunities that presented themselves when I was too young and dumb to see the long game....

Overall, I made a wise decision to ramp it down when I did. Now I get to destroy my body with my hobbies instead of my work. 🤣

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
How I loathed that team. They struck fear in my heart.
1977-1978.

Ten games. They lost *ten games* the entire season.

'76-'79. Four Cups. The class of the league.

I hated them, too.

Everyone hates repeated champions who apper to have it all.

Sound familiar?

That wasn't always the case in this town. Far from it.

And yet, eat it,
I'm really a nice girl. And I really, really, really hate the Canadiens.

Attachments

• 1669601672511.png
    1669601672511.png
    204.8 KB · Views: 1

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I agree so much. An older man told me this years back:
"If you follow your bliss, you will always have your bliss, money or not.
If you follow money, you may lose it, and you will have nothing."
What if your bliss .....costs money?? :sarcasm:

Reactions: GordonHowe

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
1977-1978.

Ten games. They lost *ten games* the entire season.

'76-'79. Four Cups. The class of the league.

I hated them, too.

Everyone hates repeated champions who apper to have it all.

Sound familiar?

That wasn't always the case in this town. Far from it.

And yet, eat it,

Always hated to play those Montreal teams.

Also had great respect for them.

Reactions: caz16 and Ladyfan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Very similar career arc for me, 25 years in the trades, 14 self employed chasing money.....

Made the decision a few years back to seriously ramp down the self employed side and take an inspecting job. Many factors went into this, some of my own health issues at the time, both parents passing relatively young in recent years after long battles with health issues....

I did well self employed but it was a grind, much like you said.....if I could do it all over again I would not have passed up some other opportunities that presented themselves when I was too young and dumb to see the long game....

Overall, I made a wise decision to ramp it down when I did. Now I get to destroy my body with my hobbies instead of my work. 🤣

Best thing to happen to me in my life was marrying a tax accountant that made more money than I did.

Married 45 years now and my life has been way better than I deserve.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
After suffering through many heartbreaks and horrors at the hands of the hated Habs, I pray there is a hotel in Hell that will host Les Habitants and the Ghosts of Forum past for eternity.
1979 still bothers me to this day .I would swear on Bible they were cheated out of that game.The Middleton penalty never happened yet.That was my fav Bruins team probably why it bugs me :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad