GDT: GAME 21 | Maple Leafs @ Senators | The Battle of Ontario Continues | Thu Dec 7th 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2 |

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’d say you are being naive.
I mean, you literally made up a scenario where the leafs were not going to make an insurance claim to try and hide their true motivations, but sure I'm the one being naive.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I mean, you literally made up a scenario where the leafs were not going to make an insurance claim to try and hide their true motivations, but sure I'm the one being naive.
I really doubt there would be an insurance claim, as Murray’s 4.7 leafs owe and Klingberg’s 4, are around 8th and 9th most expensive on the team. Teams typically insure 4 or 5 players, not close to half the team.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
At some point the coincidences become too much to believe. It’s been going on for years in that org.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I really doubt there would be an insurance claim, as Murray’s 4.7 leafs owe and Klingberg’s 4, are around 8th and 9th most expensive on the team. Teams typically insure 4 or 5 players, not close to half the team.
Yeah, I already brought that up, though at least in the last publically available info on the league group plan I've seen, the minimum was 5 players covered, and covering more means reducing coverage everyone proportionately

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Idk, this isn't that hard to understand imo.

There's probably a lot of guys in the NHL that are still playing NHL caliber hockey but that could use a clean up of something or other. I can see guys with multiple years left trying to ride it out, maybe to avoid a buyout. There's a stigma attached to the buyout

In the case of these two guys, last year of a deal, not playing well, maybe being told you're not going to play. Go get yourself cleaned up. Enjoy your paycheque. Maybe next year you get a PTO. They get paid. Don't suffer the indignity of the minors. Team gets cap relief.

And guys playing thru something and then getting surgery happens all the time. Every spring there's guys getting something cleaned up after their team is eliminated

It's not against the rules. But I certainly believe that the players were strongly encouraged to go this route

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This has nothing to do with the league being relaxed, they got/are getting surgery, enough with the conspiracy crap, they are legitimately eligible for LTIR whether you want to admit it or not,
You are the one who keeps being up the conspiracy crap. Who exactly claimed this??? I said the rules are relaxed, which allows for teams with resources to liberally use the rules to their advantage. That's all. Not the first time you exaggerated another person's point of view to justify your own.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You are the one who keeps being up the conspiracy crap. Who exactly claimed this??? I said the rules are relaxed, which allows for teams with resources to liberally use the rules to their advantage. That's all. Not the first time you exaggerated another person's point of view to justify your own.
The rules aren't relaxed, these guy got surgery making them eligible to go on LTIR,

Gck even suggested he wouldn't be surprised if they avoided making an insurance claim to avoid increased scrutiny.

All this so you can believe they've been lucky with injuries despite the fact that they have lost 48 man games on the backend so far not including Muzzin who is ltiretired

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Gck even suggested he wouldn't be surprised if they avoided making an insurance claim to avoid increased scrutiny.
Well it would avoid scrutiny questions, like why did you wait until the October to get surgery, what was wrong with May/June when insurance wouldn’t pay out as much and player wouldn’t be done for the full NHL season.

Some Leaf fans said so he could still enjoy his summer instead of rehabbing.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The rules aren't relaxed, these guy got surgery making them eligible to go on LTIR,

All this so you can believe they've been lucky with injuries despite the fact that they have lost 48 man games on the backend so far not including Muzzin who is ltiretired
If you could answer 2 questions with plausible responses that would help since I can’t come up with one.

1. Why did the leafs wait until the buyout window was about to close to decide he was going on LTIR if he needed surgery.

2. Why is Klingberg’s surgery not happening until the end of December since it has a recovery of 4-6 months.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well it would avoid scrutiny questions, like why did you wait until the October to get surgery, what was wrong with May/June when insurance wouldn’t pay out as much and player wouldn’t be done for the full NHL season.

Some Leaf fans said so he could still enjoy his summer instead of rehabbing.
There's no scrutiny to be had, players and teams have full discretion when it comes to when to get surgery, and once they have surgery they won't be cleared to play and this be eligible for LTIR.
If you could answer 2 questions with plausible responses that would help since I can’t come up with one.

1. Why did the leafs wait until the buyout window was about to close to decide he was going on LTIR if he needed surgery.

2. Why is Klingberg’s surgery not happening until the end of December since it has a recovery of 4-6 months.
You clearly already decided why the timing is what it is, you've got the conspiracy locked in and anything else is implausible to you so what's the point? In the end, it doesn't really matter, Murray was never part of the debate as to whether the leafs have been lucky with injuries, he's just a guy you brought into the conversation to try and distract from the main point.

As for Klingberg, perhaps they are trying to time it to have him available for the playoffs, or with the holiday season, elective surgeries are a bit harder to schedule, in the end it doesn't matter because it's all irrelevant to the main point, 50 dman games lost in 24 games is not lucky wrt injuries.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
There's no scrutiny to be had, players and teams have full discretion when it comes to when to get surgery, and once they have surgery they won't be cleared to play and this be eligible for LTIR.

You clearly already decided why the timing is what it is, you've got the conspiracy locked in and anything else is implausible to you so what's the point? In the end, it doesn't really matter, Murray was never part of the debate as to whether the leafs have been lucky with injuries, he's just a guy you brought into the conversation to try and distract from the main point.

As for Klingberg, perhaps they are trying to time it to have him available for the playoffs, or with the holiday season, elective surgeries are a bit harder to schedule, in the end it doesn't matter because it's all irrelevant to the main point, 50 dman games lost in 24 games is not lucky wrt injuries.
Where are you getting 50 games from ?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Klingberg 11
Giordano 4
Laggeson 2
Liligren 14
McCabe 6
Timmons 17
Timmons is misleading. They didn’t have enough cap space to add him to the roster until Klingberg was put on LTIR. If they hadn’t put Timmons on LTIR he would have had to be waived to the Marlies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Timmons is misleading. They didn’t have enough cap space to add him to the roster until Klingberg was put on LTIR. If they hadn’t put Timmons on LTIR he would have had to be waived to the Marlies.
It's not misleading, it's a fact. He was injured, misleading would be claiming they have been fortunate wrt injuries. even if you remove his games they've still had a ton of injuries on the backend.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It's not misleading, it's a fact. He was injured, misleading would be claiming they have been fortunate wrt injuries. even if you remove his games they've still had a ton of injuries on the backend.
You are adding 17 games of an AHL player to make the numbers look worse.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You are adding 17 games of an AHL player to make the numbers look worse.
No I'm adding a player that was on their roster, counting against their cap and playing tonight that you have assumed would have been waived.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
No I'm adding a player that was on their roster, counting against their cap and playing tonight that you have assumed would have been waived.
I’m not assuming, they didn’t have the cap space.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’m not assuming, they didn’t have the cap space.
Did the factually waive him? I missed that, when did it happen? Oh, that's right , it never happened, just like we never traded Joseph to make room for Pinto, you are doing the very definition of assuming

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Did the factually waive him? I missed that, when did it happen? Oh, that's right , it never happened, just like we never traded Joseph to make room for Pinto, you are doing the very definition of assuming
Now you are just being asinine.

They weren’t waiving Reilly, Brodie, Klingberg, Liljegren, McCabe or Gio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad