Laval Rocket: Game 21: Laval @ Manitoba (Laval Wins 3-1 ; Completes Road Trip with 7-0-1 Record)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Last game of the 8-game road trip they began on March 18th. Their current record in this trip is 6-0-1 and have amassed 13 points of a possible 14.

Notes:
- Michael McNiven gets the start.

- Yannick Veilleux will return to the line-up after serving his 4-game suspension.

- Cole Caufield arrived in Montreal yesterday. His first potential game will be on April 6th (next Tuesday).

- Belzile, Vejdemo, Weal, Mysak & Ylonen will not play due to injuries.​

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm curious that with this road trip being so successful so far, and Primeau having played five games and McNiven playing twice, if Bouchard will give Demchenko the start tonight.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They don't give info about injuries, do they? They were both bounced pretty hard. Losing Ylonen really hurts.

We don't get "releases" in terms of injuries in the AHL the way we do with the Habs, like in Chiarot's case. We usually get info through Bouchard when reporters ask him and he may also not always be up front. Sometimes it's better to release as little info as possible to protect the player for when they return.

But in this case, I imagine for Mysak and Ylonen it's the same as Belzile and Vejdemo. They will be re-evaluated when they return to Montreal.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe they will be forced to give Hillis some ice

3 of their centers are out tonight (Weal, Vedemo, and Mysak). If Hillis doesn't get his real opportunity tonight, who knows when he will.

I could see them go with a Poehling - Hillis - Pezzetta - Verbeek center line.

Marcotte mentions that Habs spent the money to send everyone on the roster on this trip. And the longer this trip went, the more that became a sage investment. They only have 11 healthy forwards.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
WTH? 3 centers down! good luck!what happened to Weal? he was doing well,thought he might get a call up at some point.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
WTH? 3 centers down! good luck!what happened to Weal? he was doing well,thought he might get a call up at some point.

He also got hit last game into the boards. Pezzetta came to his defense after that hit. Weal continued the game and he was one of the heroes of the game, scoring the game winner. But I'm sure he's a little more banged up because of that hit.

Weal, Ylonen, and Mysak all got rocked real hard last game. Only Weal was able to finish the game.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He also got hit last game into the boards. Pezzetta came to his defense after that hit. Weal continued the game and he was one of the heroes of the game, scoring the game winner. But I'm sure he's a little more banged up because of that hit.

Weal, Ylonen, and Mysak all got rocked real hard last game. Only Weal was able to finish the game.

Wow that is pretty bad. Dirty hits etc? A game tailor made for Baddock? Were the Moose deliberately going after the guys? Makes me a little concerned about CC.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wow that is pretty bad. Dirty hits etc? A game tailor made for Baddock? Were the Moose deliberately going after the guys? Makes me a little concerned about CC.

Both Pezzetta and Baddock dropped the gloves last game. Pezzetta kinda got rocked in his fight. Baddock was almost ragdolling the guy. The Moose player was hanging onto Baddock, swinging round-n-round and getting punched at the same time.

Here are the hits on Ylonen and Weal:

And here is the hit on Mysak.

You can judge for yourself if they were dirty.

Personally, I'm not 100% sold that they were dirty. But they were really big hits.

Ylonen: similar to Pacioretty, he hit the stanchion (not as viciously as Max did). But that may be more why he got hurt than the actual hit being dirty.

Weal: in real time it looked like a hit from behind, but you see the Moose player kind next to him laying in the body and Weal turned to face the boards. But the Manitoba player didn't go from behind and hit him in the numbers.

Mysak: although the guy looks like he's going in for a big hit, I think why Mysak got hit that way was because he leaned forward to to reach for the puck, so his head was lower. So while you can see the Moose player going in hard, I think he's aiming to give a hard body check on Mysak, but last second, Mysak lowers trying to reach the puck.

But I can see how anyone could interpret them as dirty hits. Bouchard was irate after the Mysak hit. He was at the bench's door giving the refs the business. He said in his PC after that they were violent hits. And I think that is probably a better way to describe them. Violent. But I don't think they were dirty hits.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Both Pezzetta and Baddock dropped the gloves last game. Pezzetta kinda got rocked in his fight. Baddock was almost ragdolling the guy. The Moose player was hanging onto Baddock, swinging round-n-round and getting punched at the same time.

Here are the hits on Ylonen and Weal:

And here is the hit on Mysak.

You can judge for yourself if they were dirty.

Personally, I'm not 100% sold that they were dirty. But they were really big hits.

Ylonen: similar to Pacioretty, he hit the stanchion (not as viciously as Max did). But that may be more why he got hurt than the actual hit being dirty.

Weal: in real time it looked like a hit from behind, but you see the Moose player kind next to him laying in the body and Weal turned to face the boards. But the Manitoba player didn't go from behind and hit him in the numbers.

Mysak: although the guy looks like he's going in for a big hit, I think why Mysak got hit that way was because he leaned forward to to reach for the puck, so his head was lower. So while you can see the Moose player going in hard, I think he's aiming to give a hard body check on Mysak, but last second, Mysak lowers trying to reach the puck.

But I can see how anyone could interpret them as dirty hits. Bouchard was irate after the Mysak hit. He was at the bench's door giving the refs the business. He said in his PC after that they were violent hits. And I think that is probably a better way to describe them. Violent. But I don't think they were dirty hits.

Thanks for that,appreciate it! Watching that I was oohing and awing more than my last acupressure
session!

From what I saw,the hits looked legit. Big thunderous hits as Gallavin would say,but legal. I'd rather give than receive TBO.

Think you nailed the hits right on in the description. Bouchard has to stick up for his players regardless clean or not,huge hits! Thanks again.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

McNiven gets the start.

Also, I didn't take into consideration in one of my earlier posts that Blandisi was also an option at center. And if there is a game to separate the Poehling, Teasdale & Blandisi line, a game under today's circumstances is the one to do it.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Last game of the 8-game road trip they began on March 18th. Their current record in this trip is 6-0-1 and have amassed 13 points of a possible 14.

Notes:
- Michael McNiven gets the start.

- Yannick Veilleux will return to the line-up after serving his 4-game suspension.

- Cole Caufield arrived in Montreal yesterday. His first potential game will be on April 6th (next Tuesday).

- Belzile, Vejdemo, Weal, Mysak & Ylonen will not play due to injuries.​

Eh? What happened to Weal? He seemed to finish the game ok?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
3 of their centers are out tonight (Weal, Vedemo, and Mysak). If Hillis doesn't get his real opportunity tonight, who knows when he will.

I could see them go with a Poehling - Hillis - Pezzetta - Verbeek center line.

Marcotte mentions that Habs spent the money to send everyone on the roster on this trip. And the longer this trip went, the more that became a sage investment. They only have 11 healthy forwards.

Maybe that's why they gave them few games after this road trip. They new Laval would need repair time because of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad