GDT: Game 21: Golden Knights vs San Jose Sharks | 3:00 | Watch it on ATTSN, better yet...go.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
In the summer I kinda promised to follow Vegas closely and watch some games but I've failed in that miserably mainly because of work-related stuff. This was the first game I saw and was pretty entertained, love the misfits banding together and doing nicely. How has the season started for you guys fan-wise? Are there many regular posters and active GDTs, are the stands full in the arena? Many posters seem to be saying that the team will drop down the standings after a lucky start but I'd sure be excited to see them making the playoffs and it (not to jinx it) does seem they will. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
This team just doesn't quit. They are the true "lunch-pail gang" of the NHL with their outcasts and rejects. Very respectable, to say the least.

Time to eat leftovers ... and another Mojito on ice.

GhomereatingACERT.gif

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
In the summer I kinda promised to follow Vegas closely and watch some games but I've failed in that miserably mainly because of work-related stuff. This was the first game I saw and was pretty entertained, love the misfits banding together and doing nicely. How has the season started for you guys fan-wise? Are there many regular posters and active GDTs, are the stands full in the arena? Many posters seem to be saying that the team will drop down the standings after a lucky start but I'd sure be excited to see them making the playoffs and it (not to jinx it) does seem they will. :)
The season, so far, has thoroughly exceeded anyone's expectations I would say, especially given the injury situation with our goaltenders.

The Knights are a likable bunch, fun and exciting to watch, as you've seen. They play hard, very hard.

There's a real buzz here in Las Vegas about the team and I think throughout the league. To those who have been doubting that the Knights can continue the run they've been on, I'd say there truly seems to be something special, even surreal, going on with this team. I don't think making the playoffs is out of the question by any means, as long as we can survive injuries.

As far as attendance at the arena here, every game is a virtual sellout, and we just set another new record so far for the season...nearly 18,500 fans in attendance at the game today, standing room only again. :thumbu:

Last edited:

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
What a fabulous season Vegas is having, they are leading the Pacific division with 2 games in hand against Kings - kudos to this team

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
OMG the derrier pain is SO strong among Sharks fans about the (correctly called) goalie interference. Did you guys see the vitriol on the @GoldenKnights twitter?

Honestly, I didn't get to watch the Oilers game, but this was the slowest and sloppiest I've seen this team play. Even my 8 year old toward the end of the 2d told me the Sharks deserve to win this game. This was the second game of hockey she's watched all-time. It says alot about this team that they dug down deep and found a way to win.

By the way, if Subban's skate wasn't contacted, I still don't think he makes it over for the save, but the rules is the rules.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
OMG the derrier pain is SO strong among Sharks fans about the (correctly called) goalie interference. Did you guys see the vitriol on the @GoldenKnights twitter?

Honestly, I didn't get to watch the Oilers game, but this was the slowest and sloppiest I've seen this team play. Even my 8 year old toward the end of the 2d told me the Sharks deserve to win this game. This was the second game of hockey she's watched all-time. It says alot about this team that they dug down deep and found a way to win.

By the way, if Subban's skate wasn't contacted, I still don't think he makes it over for the save, but the rules is the rules.

I thought the Sharks' reaction to the nullified goal was very rational.

I enjoyed watching the Sharks post-game show. The Sharks media was trying to make excuses and create a controversy, however. When asked about his disallowed goal, Logan Couture simply asked whether there was skate to skate contact in the crease. When told there was, he stated that it was goalie interference and he would hope that it would be called if there were a similar interference of the Sharks goalie.

The controversial play can be seen in the link below in the embedded video:

Sarks t

I believe it was Couture who said on the post-game program that if it weren't for the exceptional play by Sharks goalie Martin Jones, it could have been VGK 7-1.

Never a Sharks fan, I have come to respect the professionalism of that team. (I also liked the Metallica playing the National Anthem at the Stanley Cup in San Jose two years ago. :thumbu:)

Last edited:

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Even Belly said in post game that they didn't deserve the 2 points, but they'll take it. another 'chip on the shoulder' win for the scrappy Knights!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad